X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasered to death

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular
    ...playing Bingo at the Senior Center :shocked:

I gotta be honest, when I watch shows like Cops and such, I LOVE when they use the taser...lol. I have never heard of anyone suffering any long term ill effects from being tazed, so it makes me wonder if he had a weak heart to begin with, from other "evils" of that industry....I could of course be WAY off base here though, obviously....NJ cops still are not armed with tazers....I have cop friends who say that NJ is always behind everyone in getting their cops outfitted with the best equipment, and most of them think that the tazers are very safe and effective....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
      I gotta be honest, when I watch shows like Cops and such, I LOVE when they use the taser...lol. I have never heard of anyone suffering any long term ill effects from being tazed, so it makes me wonder if he had a weak heart to begin with, from other "evils" of that industry....I could of course be WAY off base here though, obviously....NJ cops still are not armed with tazers....I have cop friends who say that NJ is always behind everyone in getting their cops outfitted with the best equipment, and most of them think that the tazers are very safe and effective....
      Sounds like he was getting hit with multiple tazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
        Sounds like he was getting hit with multiple tazers.
        Yeah it does....Don't know why they would do that....that's gotta NOT feel good....
        STEEL

Comment

Being hit by more than 1 taser doesn't increase anything other than the spread of muscles locked up.....ive felt it first hand. I didn't read the article not do I plan to. Media and society love to blame LE and any negative press about LE us what some look for....sorry just a bit annoying, and a coworker is lucky to be alive after his shift last night.
          2005 HOA Natural Classic
          2006 OCB Midwest
          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
          2008 HOA Natural Classic
          NPC Mid-Illinois
          NPC Midwest Open
          NPC Natural Grand Prix
          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
          USPA Illinois State
          NGA Heart of America
          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Nj cops have the ability to carry them but they CHOOSE not to cause the only tazers approved in nj have cameras attached to them that will record every single use. They have been asking for years for the ability to carry them but since they were approved for use in nj almost every department has refused.... After asking for them non stop for years now they don't want to.... Reasons given by departments have ranged from that they carry to much now, to complaints that the law in nj says they can only be used when there is a risk of death or serious injury (hell when do they want to be able to use them?) And some departments have.even been honest enough to say that they won't use tazers with camera attached (give them credit for honesty at least).
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

BTW...if the article is accurate I have zero problem with what the cops did. Before anyone says they should have tried pepper spray first....maybe but pepper spray will often further enrage someone that has "gone crazy". It will help with a pissed off guy, a person that won't listen, etc... But someone in a RAGE .... Can just set them off even more.

Again, I got zero problem with this particular case....if report is accurate.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

sounds like the guy got what he wanted.

I have a buddy who was tazed by an officer when he was 14 or so. This guy was probably 300+lb and 6'3"+. He was harrassed by an officer for chatting up some 14 year old girls (lol) and eventually my buddy got so pissed off he called the officer a pig, slapped him, and ran. Officer tased him, buddy just kept running. He said it hurt like hell. Officer didn't try to press any charges because tasing a 14 year old doesn't go over well with the press.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                  BTW...if the article is accurate I have zero problem with what the cops did. Before anyone says they should have tried pepper spray first....maybe but pepper spray will often further enrage someone that has "gone crazy". It will help with a pissed off guy, a person that won't listen, etc... But someone in a RAGE .... Can just set them off even more.

Again, I got zero problem with this particular case....if report is accurate.
                  OC spray does nothing to stop someone either. In training, we were sprayed in the face, then had to run through an obstacle course, fight a guy and shoot and hit the target.....and everyone was able to do it all. I freakin hate pepper spray though....lol
                  2005 HOA Natural Classic
                  2006 OCB Midwest
                  2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                  2008 HOA Natural Classic
                  NPC Mid-Illinois
                  NPC Midwest Open
                  NPC Natural Grand Prix
                  2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                  USPA Illinois State
                  NGA Heart of America
                  NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                    Nj cops have the ability to carry them but they CHOOSE not to cause the only tazers approved in nj have cameras attached to them that will record every single use. They have been asking for years for the ability to carry them but since they were approved for use in nj almost every department has refused.... After asking for them non stop for years now they don't want to.... Reasons given by departments have ranged from that they carry to much now, to complaints that the law in nj says they can only be used when there is a risk of death or serious injury (hell when do they want to be able to use them?) And some departments have.even been honest enough to say that they won't use tazers with camera attached (give them credit for honesty at least).
                    Yeah, you're right, they just got approved for use last October, but only with the cameras....I think we are one of the last states to approve them. It's funny, they say they now have too much gear and stuff, but had they approved them years ago like other states, I wonder what impact it would have had. I think they wouls probably be a very valuable tool in the arsenal....
                    STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                      OC spray does nothing to stop someone either. In training, we were sprayed in the face, then had to run through an obstacle course, fight a guy and shoot and hit the target.....and everyone was able to do it all. I freakin hate pepper spray though....lol
                      In the military I got OC sprayed a few times and tear gassed. The OC spray was a joke. I'm not saying I'm immune to it but after getting plastered with it in the face I wasn't as shocked by it as I thought I would be.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, they just got approved for use last October, but only with the cameras....I think we are one of the last states to approve them. It's funny, they say they now have too much gear and stuff, but had they approved them years ago like other states, I wonder what impact it would have had. I think they wouls probably be a very valuable tool in the arsenal....
                        Yea, jersey was the last state to approve them...EVERY other state already had approved them but I think there are still some that choose not to use them. I would bet that if they approved ones without cameras that somehow they would find a way to carry them...lol.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

No one sees the irony in this story????????

Comment

Like I said, he got what he wanted.

So... that would be referring to the irony.

Comment

I carry a TASER every day and Instruct in their use. The main time someone dies after taking a ride is that they fall and can't put their hands out in front and land with great impact on their head. Other contributing factors are underlying health conditions such as heart problems but so is if the subject has already undergone high stress and exertion prior to being TASER'd.

In this case it seems that the guy was upset, stressed, had a bit of a wrestle, broke hand cuffs etc then took a ride and fell.

Although this was probably a good deployment and kept others safe he unfortunately had a bad outcome.

Pepper spray first is not always an options as some types are flamable so then a TASER will just ligt the guy on fire.

You are very unlikely to die from the TASER itself but some deaths happen. In my state a fellow officer TASER'd a fellow 28 times and he died. The trial against the officer has not yet started but it seems hard to defend such actions.

As far as the camera goes, we want them but they don't film till you actually deploy meaning you can't film the 2 mins of negotiation or the fight leading up to it so it is almost usless.

TASER's also have very limited range.

All in all a TASER is a good tool when used within it's very specific paramaters and yes I have been TASER'd and pepper sprayed multiple times.
                              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                              ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
                              X