No announcement yet.

For those that drink, why do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that drink, why do you do it?

Just curious as to everyone's opinion on why they drink and be honest.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I like to be drunk and happy....even though I haven't since Sept. I like the carefree attitude I have when I drink and I'm a fun drunk....at least I think so.

I would rather drink in the summer, on the water or on the deck at home. Not a huge bar person, I used to bartend. Too many fools.

What does everyone drink? I like Yuenglings, but only available in certain, like 4 states. And spotted cow by New Glaurus brewing, but that is only available in Wisconsin. But I usually stick to budlight, leinies, guiness and vodka.....Man this really makes me want a drink.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

For the social aspect of it mostly. Plus it allows one to relax and maybe have a bit more fun, try things you normally may not have.
      Joe

Contest History:
      2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
      2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
      2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
      2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
      2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
      2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Yeah, the social aspect. Plus I do actually like the taste, and it goes well with certain bad food.
        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

If I drink now its cause I either want a beer or wine cause I enjoy the taste OR I'm at a party or something and just having fun...getting buzzed. Wine I am all over the place in what I like. In beer its yengling (Americas oldest brewery), morretti or just a light beer (bud select is first choice).

I used to drink (at least a 750 of stoli at work and then I would party after work) cause I didn't want to feel anything. When I FELT .. I hated what I felt. Now...sure I feel bad or like shit sometimes but that's ok cause I spend most of my time feeling good and I'll deal with feeling the bad so I can FEEL the good.

Sorry if that's to much of an answer (or not enough of one).

Peace
          Last edited by thedunhill225; 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM.
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

What does "social aspect of it" mean? You don't have a personality until you drink? You aren't funny unless you drink?

What is the difference between being social drinking water than drinking beer?

Skip

Sent From My ACME Skip Phone

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
              I like to be drunk and happy....even though I haven't since Sept. I like the carefree attitude I have when I drink and I'm a fun drunk....at least I think so.
              This. Plus I feel more relaxed and it elevates my mood and I seem to get more motivated. I only drink on weekends though and only drink to a buzz, haven't been hangover drunk in many, many years.

Comment

i love the taste of a good scotch and a cigar. It forces me to take an hour out of my day to relax. I tolerate wine if it's sweet with food but i cannot process beer for anything although i do like the taste of it.

Scotch and stogies for me. If i could i would do it every night. Alcoholism is in my family so i am very very careful.

Comment

Blow off steam and relax from a long day, or just to enjoy a beer in the sun. I quit getting shitfaced drunk a few years ago.

I could enjoy an ice water in the sun on the deck, its simply not quite as satisfying since I drink water all day. Unfortunately, this Skip fella has ended by beer consumption the last couple months. Bastard.
                  You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    What does "social aspect of it" mean? You don't have a personality until you drink? You aren't funny unless you drink?
                    In most peoples cases, that is what it means. lol They need it to feel relaxed, get talking to women, etc...

I meant more, if you go to someones house in the evening it's usually what they/everyone is drinking... I'm not a huge drinker though and will often have water or diet coke instead.
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

To regulate emotions, to lubricate my introversion in social situations, to make my mind stop working
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

I like the taste.

Scotch is nice because I don't need a metric crapton of it. A few sips here and there is plenty. A lil buzz is also good for the train ride home. I can't deal with the green/blue lines rolling through the west side of Chicago at night.

If I drive, and that's the majority of the time, I stick to diet coke with lime.
                        #docswholift
                        PGY-1 FM
                        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

I've drank for a number of reasons in the past - one of the big reasons is that I'm naturally pretty reserved and introverted, and drinking would allow me to open up in social situations. I don't do well with big groups and when in conversation with a moderate to large group of people I typically consider and think about things before speaking up or engaging. I thought this was a bad thing and that I was weird or something since I was quiet in big groups or at parties. Alcohol was an answer to this.

I've also drank for depression at times, and in high school I guess you could say it was experimentation along with the social aspect I already mentioned.

I drink very little now - maybe 1-3 drinks per week and sometimes not at all, mostly for taste and a little bit of relaxation. I had been drinking at least 10+ drinks at least twice a week since the time was 14 and this escalated to ~20 drinks three to four times per week through college and up until about 2 years ago. I blacked out just about every time I drank and sometimes did stupid shit. It would always leave me in a lousy mood or depression for days after - plus I wouldn't get things accomplished on the weekends because I was either hungover or drunk.

I decided this wasn't for me anymore. Now it's just maybe a glass of wine or a cocktail once in a while on the weekend - but will still let loose occasionally with family around the holidays.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Sometimes it's the feeling of being "buzzed", carefree attitude aspect. Lately I prefer to do this at home or at an aquaintance or family gathering. When I'm in a social public setting I prefer not to be, simply because I cannot stand the general public after being a public servant. I also tend to attract negative attention and the buzzed feeling reduces my self control and makes allows me to react a way I normally wouldn't. Sometimes I like to sip on a beer while grilling for no other reason than just to do it.
                            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Generally I will have wine with food, as I like the taste. A bit of a mini wine connoisseur, but nothing like a couple mates of mine. Also love a food whiskey, again for the taste but also for a wind down. Love it with a cigar. Socially I can do without alcohol. Haven't been drunk for a while but it is fun to get tipsy every now and again, never out of control though.
                              My Log: Back to Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X