Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"im what most people would call a go-getter" wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "im what most people would call a go-getter" wtf?

Ok watching a show on tv and it just reminded me of the most egotistical and annoying introduction I have ever had... And it happened at a party a cpl weeks ago. It's a family party and I get introduced to this dude and in the first 1 minute he tells me "I'm what most people would call a go-getters"... I am polite but all I can think is...NO, your what everyone calls an arrogant asshole!! How egotistical does a human have to be to act like that period? Let alone as soon as you meet them...
    BTW the go-getter is probably 45 or so and manages a local bagel shop, nothing wrong with that at all, its honest work but hardly what I would expect from a self proclaimed "go-getter".

Just was reminded of this by a show on hgtv with these people describing themselves as "go-getters" .... They may be worse cause they have an "adventure room"... God.

Venting done.

Peace.
    Last edited by thedunhill225; 03-15-2012, 02:55 PM.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

wtf is an adventure room?

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Idiots keep their bikes, hiking crap, etc... In there. That's the point with the ones on the show... How "special" and superior do you have to feel to call the place you keep your hobby crap in an "adventure room"?

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Nothing worse than when people you don't know toot their own horn, especially with such broad, blanket statements such as "I am a go getter". So lame.

Friend has a quote on his FB page that I like...he is a pro baseball player.

"Don't talk about it, be about it".

Comment

Am I the only one who read 'adventure room' and thought of something dirty? haha

The go-getter thing is fine to me, he's letting you know he's a twat in the first 20 seconds so you can respond accordingly. lol
          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
            Am I the only one who read 'adventure room' and thought of something dirty? haha
            *snort*

There are a lot of egotistical asshats in academia.
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Nope, you're not the only one. I was disappointed to to learn what it really was

I have a place I store my bikes and camping stuff too - it's the called the garage...
              My workout journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46513

Comment

so i shouldnt have sent out those invitations for my adventure room birthday box social?
                M.S., B.S., B.A., CSCS, USAW

"There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it"

"Two pains in life: pain of hard work and pain of regret"

Comment

Really? I call my dirty room the "look where I keep all the coach, Burberry and louie bags that I give away to college girls for free....trust me...go on in... there right inside there...no there is no light but don't worry" room.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

People are more and more like this now days Dun.

Comment

I was expecting the adventure room to be something involving a sex swing, where the husband can explore the wife's cave of wonders...

ADVENTURE!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi
                      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

This has nothing to do with what you said, except that it ticked me off, but here it goes: I have a guy that I know through work who has never been friendly with me, and I have no idea why, but I'm the type that always tries to "kill em with kindness." So I saw him out and said, "Hey how's everything going?" I was sincere, not acting goofy or anything and the guy just looked at me, put his nose up and walked away. I said, "So that's how its going to be." Mr. Passive Aggressive acted like I didn't say anything and kept doing whatever he was doing. In my head I had more comments, but in the end it wasn't worth it. Just had to get that off my chest.
                        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                          This has nothing to do with what you said, except that it ticked me off, but here it goes: I have a guy that I know through work who has never been friendly with me, and I have no idea why, but I'm the type that always tries to "kill em with kindness." So I saw him out and said, "Hey how's everything going?" I was sincere, not acting goofy or anything and the guy just looked at me, put his nose up and walked away. I said, "So that's how its going to be." Mr. Passive Aggressive acted like I didn't say anything and kept doing whatever he was doing. In my head I had more comments, but in the end it wasn't worth it. Just had to get that off my chest.
                          Wow. I might tell him he's worse than my wife..

Comment

I would have asked him to get me a drink.
                            "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                            Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                            'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                            ~William Bernbach

Comment

Being a bouncer I hear stupid shit day in and day out. Drunk guys tell you there father owns this, they're a boss (drug dealers are common here), I drive XYZ. Usually it comes out in the first minute and is plain hilarious, especially because I don't have to pretend to give a shit about it. Nothing better than staring those people in the eye and saying I don't give a fuck, go home.

Comment

Working...
                              X