Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a S&W .380 "bodyguard" pistol??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a S&W .380 "bodyguard" pistol??

I bought one today brand new from a friend for $250! Heck of a deal I thought. I wanted a good carry weapon. I have a glock .40cal and like it, but it is too big to carry for me.

I wanted to get a small .380 that was very concealable, but after looking at a lot of models, they all looked kind of "sissy" like to me until I saw this S&W .380 bodyguard. This thing looks sweet. Has a built in laser and looks pretty mean for a .380 while still being very concealable and easy to carry.

Anybody have any experience with this pistol? Picture attached.
    Attached Files

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Who needs a firearm when you have TWO HUGE GUNS LIKE DEEZ *flexes arms*

:bb:
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Looks like a nice piece. Never shot a .380. Where do you live that you can carry?
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I have a kel-tec .380, not real fun to shoot or comfortable to shoot. easy to conceal though. You got a decent price there.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I like the .380, Steve, but that thumb safety has to go!! My wife has a Sig .380 - AWESOME gun ... right up until the thumb safety. lol

Still, very concealable and a steal at $250. I still prefer my Kahr PM9, though.

Also, they are fun to shoot because they aren't exhausting like shooting a 45 cannon.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I a Taurus 738 TCP .380. Very small, fits in my pocket like a cell phone, but a very tough little gun. Only problem so far is I have to be sure I don't hold it "too high" on the grips or else the slide action pinches my hand right between the thumb and fore finger and leaves a nasty blood blister.
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              I like the .380, Steve, but that thumb safety has to go!! My wife has a Sig .380 - AWESOME gun ... right up until the thumb safety. lol

Still, very concealable and a steal at $250. I still prefer my Kahr PM9, though.

Also, they are fun to shoot because they aren't exhausting like shooting a 45 cannon.

Skip
              What don't you like about the thumb safety? Accessibility? It is very accessible for me, but maybe you just have little chode hands? ; )

I just looked up your Kahr PM90. Looks like an awesome weapon. I kinda wish I would have checked it out. I have looked at many sub compact 9mm's and they were all too big for what I preferred to carry (and concealability was the main factor I was going for) but it sounds like the PM9 is very concealable. What is your experience with it?

I was concerned about caliber size w/ the .380, but I was at a gun show yesterday and a dealer had a mushroomed .380 hollow point that he showed me which was obviously capable of doing PLENTY of damage, so I am not worried about the caliber anymore. Plus, since I got it for $250 - it doesn't hurt even if it ends up in my drawer and I end up carrying something else down the road. Couldn't beat the price. My bud won it in a raffle so he was okay letting it go for that cheap.
              Last edited by HELLA SWOLE; 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM.

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                I a Taurus 738 TCP .380. Very small, fits in my pocket like a cell phone, but a very tough little gun. Only problem so far is I have to be sure I don't hold it "too high" on the grips or else the slide action pinches my hand right between the thumb and fore finger and leaves a nasty blood blister.
                Yeah, that would hurt like a biatch! You can see on the BG380 that the top of the grip keeps that from happening.

I remember the first time I ever shot a hand gun at the range. I had my hand up too high on the grip like you explained and the slide backed into my hand....hurt ssooooo bad...and it jammed the gun b/c the slide didn't re-engage in time (of course).

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                  Looks like a nice piece. Never shot a .380. Where do you live that you can carry?
                  GA.

Can you not get a carry license where you live?

Comment

A friend of mine just bought a bodyguard .380 for his wife and they love it. He actually just put his name on the waiting list to get one for himself.

I still need to do my CCW class and find a good carry pistol, my Springfield XD9 is a little too bulky for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
                      A friend of mine just bought a bodyguard .380 for his wife and they love it. He actually just put his name on the waiting list to get one for himself.

I still need to do my CCW class and find a good carry pistol, my Springfield XD9 is a little too bulky for it.
                      Stormtrooper, I've been considering an Springfield XD 9mm, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm or a Glock 17.

How do you like shooting the XD? Any accuracy issues at all? How does the grip feel?

If anyone else has any feedback on the firearms I am considering, please comment. Basically I am looking for a reliable 9mm, not a CCW, that is fun to shoot and good for self defense at home (e.g. easy to find the target, no multiple safety mechanisms)
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have a subcompact xd9, as well. Bought it to carry but was too heavy for my taste. GREAT to shoot, though.

Skip

Sent From My ACME Skip Phone

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Nice, there is only one range in my area that rents Springfields out, and it is decent drive from my house. I'm going to set aside some time over the next couple of weeks to shoot a few handguns to see what I like.
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Look at the Ruger LCP .380 if you're thinking on the small scale for carry. Same size as the bodyguard and KelTec 380. All of which I own. Or you can check out the Walther line of compacts. Bought by S/W, so the quality is still there. Just my thoughts.

-DH
                            www.toopumped.net
                            7 X IFBB champion

"Do something productive, instead of talking about those that are"
                            -DH

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                              Stormtrooper, I've been considering an Springfield XD 9mm, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm or a Glock 17.

How do you like shooting the XD? Any accuracy issues at all? How does the grip feel?

If anyone else has any feedback on the firearms I am considering, please comment. Basically I am looking for a reliable 9mm, not a CCW, that is fun to shoot and good for self defense at home (e.g. easy to find the target, no multiple safety mechanisms)
                              I love the XD9, but I can tell you my next purchase will be a Springfield 1911 because they are badass. I'm not that accurate with my XD9 but that's user error.

My wife had a Ruger SR9c and I'm more accurate with it, and it would be very easy to carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X