Help a bald guy out.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a bald guy out.....

Wondering if anyone knows what this is.....

I shave my head, as I am going bald in the back spot like alot of guys, and I'm very thin up top....I usually shave twice a week, but sometimes I get lazy, and let the hair grow (that's kinda misleading, as it doesn't grow MUCH...lol). The last two times I got lazy and went over a week without shaving, I developed very bad acne or something in my hair (stubble). It clears up about 4-5 days after I shave again, but damn! I shaved today, not only did I cut the piss outta my head from all these damn bumps, but I look like a f'ing leper! I literally feel like I look disgusting....I'm not a stellar looking guy as it is, so obviously I don't wanna look like I have a disease....does anyone know why I'm breaking out, and what I can do to stop it, or clear it up faster when it happens? Obviously I know to just shave twice a week and then I'm good, but I'm real curious as to why this happens.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

I chrome it out every morning except Sunday...too fricking lazy that day..I do notice sometimes even after skipping one day I can get bumps that get cut pretty easy...probably just ingrown hair...I use the headblade...best shave ever!
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

If I let it grow to long and mach3 it... I get bumps from kinda pulling the hair out with the razor cause its to long to shave on one pass. Not sure if that's what ya mean but if it is you just gotta use an electric trimmer first and get it close...then shave. Stopped it for me at least.

Peace.
      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Interesting this topic came up, as I just tried shaving mine bald last week, for the same reason you mention, thinning on the back. I always told myself that when it got too bad, instead of trying to hold out, I would embrace the bald. While its not too bad yet, I just thought I'd give it a shot to see what my head would look like. My wife hates it haha...

Anyway, I didn't get the bumps/irritation. A few of my buddies who go bald said they shave every other day, and one of them uses one of those little hand held exfoliating pads and washes their head with that every day. He says it helped alot with razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

Since this thread came up I was wondering what blades/razors any of you guys recommend? I see Heckman uses the headblade (I'll have to look into that), and Dun uses the Mach 3, which is what I used on mine.

Comment

I headblade the dome....
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Headblade....hands down.

And steel...I have nothing for you as I dont have that same problem. I used to shave everyday, then it was every other day....now, its like Sun/Tues/Thur. But, no issues for me.

-slide
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I know that when I switched to a different product for shaving it helped me out. I'm actually working on them as a sponsor since I like the product so much. It's an oil that they sell at Meijer, maybe Walmart too, but it doesn't cause breakouts and it makes shaving a breeze. I can't remember the name off hand, and I'm out, but when I pick some up I'll try to remember to post it. If you look back a year or two ago in my posts I did a review on it. Baby oil works, but it can cause the breakouts you described.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Do you have to shave it? Would you consider just using clippers with no guard?
                2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

This might be a "duh" issue for some people, but if you have curly hair like me, ALWAYS shave WITH the grain, even on your head. It makes a WORLD of difference.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

The problem is not shaving it. I can usually shave it pretty damn nice if I do it consistently. The problem arises when I get lazy and let the hair grow in a bit. I guess it could be ingrown hairs..... I'm thinking it could also be the oils from my hair....I think the key is for me to NOT be lazy and keep it shaven.....I wanna try the headblade. Gonna see if I can find it at Walgreens.....thanks for the input guys.....
                    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Electric face shaver works well for me.
                      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        but if you have curly hair like me, ALWAYS shave WITH the grain
                        Is this recommended on the curlys down below as well?
                        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                          The problem is not shaving it. I can usually shave it pretty damn nice if I do it consistently. The problem arises when I get lazy and let the hair grow in a bit. I guess it could be ingrown hairs..... I'm thinking it could also be the oils from my hair....I think the key is for me to NOT be lazy and keep it shaven.....I wanna try the headblade. Gonna see if I can find it at Walgreens.....thanks for the input guys.....
                          No, that's EXACTLY the problem. When the hairs start to grow back, if you've shaved against the grain, they are a billion times more likely to be ingrown and cause bumps and irritation. The key is to get as NOT close a shave as possible if you get irritation.

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                          Is this recommended on the curlys down below as well?
                          EVERYWHERE.

Also you can try a product called "Tend Skin": http://www.tendskin.com/
                          This can help with ingrown hairs and razor bumps a lot.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

I get the same bumps but on my chest.

I found that my hairs come out on weird angles when I use a razor and they have to push through the skin again. This makes many of them sort or curl back into the skin or come out almost flat and rub causing lots of little pimples. The solution was to cut every day or two or to so that they never get long enough to curl back into the skin or to leave it a week to get past that point and then only use clippers so they aren't being cut right up against the skin.

As it is my chest it is easy to see. I gather your head is the same problem but harder to see. Say I don't shave them for 5-6 days I can literally go to sleep with no pimples and wake up with a red chest covered in them. Shave again and it clears up in a day or 2 (if I don't cut them that is) and if I keep it shaved it doesn't get like that at all.

Now on the other hand if this is one of those "I've got a friend with a problem" scenarios and you are in actually talking about your balls....... That shit needs a cream from the Doctor.
                            "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                            Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                            'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                            ~William Bernbach

Comment

Is everybody on this forum bald except for me and Homon? :tongue1:

Comment

Working...
                              X