Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the area in which you live.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the area in which you live.

My wife and I are looking to move to a new place. We generally want to stay out of heavily populated areas, but not so rural that you have to drive long distances just to do daily errands. Can you tell me about where you live and what you like or dislike about it?

Eastern PA is perfect for that...Bucks county area. Lot of wide open areas, but only 25 mi outside Philly and only 1.5 hrs from New York.

Also Central Jersey, about 15-20 miles east of Trenton, there are areas exactly how you describe.

Comment

Colorado Springs..never leaving. Lots of work, most anything you want to do outdoors, weather is great, about an hour south of Skip :-)
      Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

If you like hot summers and bitter ass cold winters.. Kansas, definitely Kansas.

Isn't jack shit to do, the weather isn't nice enough for anything in particular - and no one cares enough to bring us anything good..

On the bright side, I live in Wichita.. approx 400k people? Get anywhere in the city in about 20-25 mins. Never much traffic. People are nice.

but damn do I hate the weather.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Brisbane. QLD Australia. Moved here a couple months ago, so far so good, people are nice, have every flavor you can ask for and you can live out a little on acerage if you so desire...

Comment

Southern New Jersey....I guess it's better than North Jersey, but it still sucks. I wish I lived out by Skip or even further out West.....I like mountains and streams and women who don't smoke all the time and don't act like Snookie....lol
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
              Colorado Springs..never leaving. Lots of work, most anything you want to do outdoors, weather is great, about an hour south of Skip :-)
              I live in the Denver metro, but my wife is making a push to move to the Springs.

I love Colorado; there aren't many areas of the state I wouldn't live in.
              You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                Southern New Jersey....I guess it's better than North Jersey, but it still sucks. I wish I lived out by Skip or even further out West.....I like mountains and streams and women who don't smoke all the time and don't act like Snookie....lol
                I lived by you for like 16-17 years man and you can't compare it to north jersey. SJ is a wasteland. Every young kid you meet is either trash or think they are a gangsta (while living in cherryhill or hamonton or whatever). The south jersey/philly area is the most racist area I've been to on the east coast...NO, NOT EVERYONE but the.percentage is higher than any other place I've been to on the coast. Remember steel, I ain't saying everyone...there are good people there but a ton of trash. The whole area has a complex in regards to north jersey/NY.
                I'm in central jersey rt now and hate that just as much, some different reasons though. I just want to move to Florida already.... Well sandiego is first choice but... I need to hit the mega for that.

Peace
                Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                Nicki Minaj

Comment

Oh and to the OP...
                  For what you are looking for...stay out of NJ. I love north jersey but its not what you describe and no part of this state really is....besides the property tax in this state will F'in kill you!!

Peace
                  Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                  Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                  Nicki Minaj

Comment

[ATTACH]40003[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40004[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40005[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40006[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40007[/ATTACH]

Enough said.
                    Last edited by TLopez; 03-06-2012, 02:21 PM.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I am going to correct the grammar of the thread title for no good reason.
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                        [ATTACH]40003[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40004[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40005[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40006[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40007[/ATTACH]

Enough said.
                        San Diego > all
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

I live in a small town 20 or so miles from Memphis in TN... Cheap cost of living, lots of jobs close by (memphis/collierville/germantown/cordova/millington/etc)... Weather is pretty good as well. No state income tax but a high state sales tax so that kind of offsets (or, turns out better if you buy a lot of shit online from places like Amazon)

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                            I lived by you for like 16-17 years man and you can't compare it to north jersey. SJ is a wasteland. Every young kid you meet is either trash or think they are a gangsta (while living in cherryhill or hamonton or whatever). The south jersey/philly area is the most racist area I've been to on the east coast...NO, NOT EVERYONE but the.percentage is higher than any other place I've been to on the coast. Remember steel, I ain't saying everyone...there are good people there but a ton of trash. The whole area has a complex in regards to north jersey/NY.
                            I'm in central jersey rt now and hate that just as much, some different reasons though. I just want to move to Florida already.... Well sandiego is first choice but... I need to hit the mega for that.

Peace
                            I disagree....You couldn't pay me to live in North Jersey, with all the traffic and smoke stacks of industrial Jersey...South has lots of farms and woods and imo is much better for raising kids and such....yes, there are alot of wanna be's in SJ, but there are quite a few up North as well Dun....remember, all those kids go to NYC on a regular basis....SJ for the most part is decent neighborhoods and VERY good school systems...In fact, where we live the schools have been ranked in the top 10 consistently....there is trash everywhere, and I guess depending on exactly WHERE you live, there could be more than other areas....Again, this is an opinion based argument. If you like city type living, then I guess North is ok....I have 3 kids, so I know I look at things differently than guys with none, but for raising a family, imo North can't hold a candle to South, but I hate it here anyway....lol. Taxes are too high and the East coast is just too hard nosed for me....
                            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

West Chester, PA is a college town. Bout 30 minutes away from Ironsport Gym. Bout a 3:10 male to female ratio. 45 minutes from philly. And very close to THE Dunhill.

Comment

Working...
                              X