The Muscle-Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muscle-Up!

I can do exactly none. Haven't put too much effort into trying either. This dude is jacked and can bang 'em out like nothin....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCVo_gLoCo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]
    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Wow I couldn't imagine doing those with zero leg drive..

I could do them with a bit of a hip thrust to get up over that regular pullup, but not otherwise. crazy.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

And def not @ 240lbs. I have seen plenty of people do them with a kipping motion that are sub 200lbs but like you said, no leg drive! Not happening.
      Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

One word......GENETICS!!! Lol, damn!
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I have tried muscle ups, but I cannot ever get enough of myself over the bar to to the push up part...if I use a kip-up motion then it's actually pretty doable even at a high bodyweight for me...but no momentum is crazy....scary core strength, really.

AND...that dude is a fucking tank!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
          -1st SuperHeavy Gi
          2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
          -1st Heavyweight Gi
          2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
          2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

That guy is a beast! I'd like to see all crossfitters that do them with ass loads of kipping try them that way.
            My workout journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46513

Comment

That dude's a freak! Check these guys out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3MTqRWPiZU&feature=related[/youtube]
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post

1:46, what the fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                  One word......GENETICS!!! Lol, damn!
                  Genetics, food, a good amount of hormones and I guarentee this dude has never spent hours fretting over which new routine to try. lol
                  PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Have a guy at my local gym that can do that stuff, he is about 5 foot and might weigh 130lbs though. I can't even fathom the strength those guys have and would love to see them doing regular lifts to compare.
                    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                      components of a safe, effective exercise program are Frequency, intensity, and time or duration,
                      If you are overweight and out of fitness....
                      I am out of fitness! I must run to the store and get some!

Why do I have the feeling this post will not be here much longer?
                      FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                      If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                        I am out of fitness! I must run to the store and get some!

Why do I have the feeling this post will not be here much longer?
                        Where would it go?
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post

I just watched that Video a few weeks ago. These guys are cery impressive, anybody who can throw their own bodyweight like that is pretty beastly. The best bodyweight video I've seen was the original video on yahoo a few years ago of the little Russian kid doing all the gymnastics. Flipping around, doing those crazy pushups, and jammin 50 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                            components of a safe, effective exercise program are Frequency, intensity, and time or duration,
                            If you are overweight and out of fitness....
                            OOoohhh. Looks like someone has been reading their personal training manual!

Btw, it's Frequency, Intensity, Time, and Type. Aka FITT principle.

That was my useless post for the week.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                            -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                            2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                            -1st Heavyweight Gi
                            2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                            2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Working...
                            X