Do you have a friend like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a friend like this?

"I need your help. I can't tell you what it is. You can never ask me about it later, and we're going to hurt some people."

"Who's car we gonna take?"

Just saw this movie called "The Town". Great movie. I was thinking to myself how many people have a friend that with no questions asked would help you hurt someone that did you wrong. I've never had to ask, but I think I have at least two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGxYj...eature=related

Edit: Embedding it disable the link, sorry.
    Last edited by TLopez; 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM.
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

My friends aren't stupid enough to trust me that much
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Affleck's turned himself into a pretty decent director. I remember when he played douchebags Fred O'Bannion in Dazed and Confused & Shannon Hamilton in Mallrats.

Comment

One, it's all I need...

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          My friends aren't stupid enough to trust me that much
          Because your's would be more like.... "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is. You can never ask me about it later. Grab the chloroform."

Comment

When I lived a different life... A couple but they were not friends. A friend will do what they can to keep you from doing something stupid....now if its not something stupid then if it was a friend you would tell them what it was about. In the lifestyle you are talking about YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS... They can swear to high hell that they will always have your back, they can help you in a ton of different ways but almost without exception someone like that will also burn you if it helps them.

Believe what you want...but A FRIEND would try to keep you from acting dumb and if it wasn't something dumb you could explain it to a friend.
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
              When I lived a different life... A couple but they were not friends. A friend will do what they can to keep you from doing something stupid....now if its not something stupid then if it was a friend you would tell them what it was about. In the lifestyle you are talking about YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS... They can swear to high hell that they will always have your back, they can help you in a ton of different ways but almost without exception someone like that will also burn you if it helps them.

Believe what you want...but A FRIEND would try to keep you from acting dumb and if it wasn't something dumb you could explain it to a friend.
              Funny, cause the movie depicts this almost exactly as you stated. You must have seen it Dun.

Comment

Lol...yea, that's it.
                Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                Nicki Minaj

Comment

I do not....I grew up in a soft environment...too easy a life.

The town was a ridiculously good movie...a throwback to "Heat".

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post

I agree; I think people hurting other people is dumb.

Comment

My friends would talk me out of it and I would do the same to them, unless it involves protecting/avenging our kids, I and most of my friends are young fathers that would go to extreme lengths to protect their kids.
                      Last edited by Andre Gregoire; 02-16-2012, 06:38 AM.
                      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
                        My friends would talk me out of it and I would do the same to them, unless it involves protecting our kids, I am most of my friends are young fathers that would go to extreme lengths to protect their kids.
                        I agree. When it comes to my son I would do What ever it takes to protect him.

Comment

i have one like that, actually best pal. He's also volunteered more than once to help me out of jams .

Walked into a party @ NIU not realizing it was the birthday party for a guy i beat down while working security @ a dance club..got my gf out of there pronto but ended up getting grabbed on the way out the door and beat to a pulp. after i got out of the hospital later that night my pal called found out what happened and then drove 2 hours to Dekalb to help me rectify the inequities of the evening. (not condoning this type of behavior in retrospect its juvenile and stupid but to these day if i ever really got in a jam....)
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                            i have one like that, actually best pal. He's also volunteered more than once to help me out of jams .

Walked into a party @ NIU not realizing it was the birthday party for a guy i beat down while working security @ a dance club..got my gf out of there pronto but ended up getting grabbed on the way out the door and beat to a pulp. after i got out of the hospital later that night my pal called found out what happened and then drove 2 hours to Dekalb to help me rectify the inequities of the evening. (not condoning this type of behavior in retrospect its juvenile and stupid but to these day if i ever really got in a jam....)
                            Precisely my point. I know most of us are older and wouldn't condone this behavior, but when we were younger it's always nice to know you have this in your back pocket, if needed.
                            Last edited by TLopez; 02-16-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I did a lot of stupid stuff like this when I was 13-15 and in a BMX bike gang, haha. I'm glad I got it out of my system before I was 17 and serious trouble was more likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X