hey, forget about people in need...pray for tommy boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey, forget about people in need...pray for tommy boy

This is just priceless and arrogant beyond belief....

If a purported email is true, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will be living on multiple prayers when his team takes on the Giants come Super Bowl Sunday.

The New York Post reports that it has obtained an email supposedly from Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen that calls out for spiritual support.

The message, “filled with a touchy-feely request for ‘positive thinking’ that one might expect from a Brazilian catwalk stunner” the Post says, begins by addressing friends and family.

The writer notes that “this [S]unday will be a really important day in my husband’s life. He and his team worked so hard to get to this point and now they need us more than ever to send them positive energy so they can fulfill their dream of winning this [S]uper [B]owl.”

To pull it off, the writer asks that the letter’s recipients “join me on this positive chain and pray for him, so he can feel confident, healthy and strong. Envision him happy and fulfilled, experiencing with his team victory this Sunday.”

The Post says that when Bundchen was reached by email for comment on the letter, the supermodel expressed surprise that they’d received it, as it was “a private note only sent to close friends and family.”

Lol.... She admitted sending it out...lol... Yet another reason to cheer for the GIANTS!!
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Hey you can't fault her for wanting to encourage him....you gotta remember, she's a "super model", so I would assume although beautiful, she's a bit OUT THERE! Lol. I'm indifferent to who wins, although I think it will be the Giants.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

hey, forget about people in need...pray for tommy boy
      Is there some finite amount a person can pray? You act like people can't pray for the less-fortunate while at the same time praying for Brady. This is a non-story.
      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Why is this a news story, who cares.

My take is if it was truly a private email, then why is it arrogant? Not like she put it on twitter or something for everyone to see.

Comment

Another reason why religion is silly.

Now you decide what are and what are not acceptable topics for prayer?

Ha.
          Last edited by DOHCrazy; 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM. Reason: Grammar error

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
            Is there some finite amount a person can pray? You act like people can't pray for the less-fortunate while at the same time praying for Brady. This is a non-story.
            This

Comment

The arrogance is the concept that if there is a god...that he would care who wins a football game. I find it hysterical... I can just picture her thinking she is mother therisa cause she prays her "man" wins a game. I never have a problem when people thank god for giving them talent or whatever but I don't get praying for personal gain. BTW...I don't mean this as a religious thread so please don't argue if there is a god or anything like that.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                Why is this a news story, who cares.

My take is if it was truly a private email, then why is it arrogant? Not like she put it on twitter or something for everyone to see.
                This... I think this animosity over how and why she prays comes more from a perspective of a fan of the opposing team... or at least I hope it does... otherwise who are you to judge how/why/when/what for a person prays...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                  This... I think this animosity over how and why she prays comes more from a perspective of a fan of the opposing team... or at least I hope it does... otherwise who are you to judge how/why/when/what for a person prays...
                  x2

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                    The arrogance is the concept that if there is a god...that he would care who wins a football game. I find it hysterical... I can just picture her thinking she is mother therisa cause she prays her "man" wins a game. I never have a problem when people thank god for giving them talent or whatever but I don't get praying for personal gain. BTW...I don't mean this as a religious thread so please don't argue if there is a god or anything like that.
                    I'm sorry, but I think the only arrogant person here is you, thinking that you know what G-d actually cares about. And whether or not you believe doesn't matter in that sense. I have no idea what G-d bases his decisions and what play into his calculations.
                    Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                      Exactly.....everyone's perception of God may be different....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                        It was sent to close friends and family. She didn't call a press conference and call for prayers, she sent a damn email to her close circle of friends and family. I dunno why Dunhill's all worked into a lather over this.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Lol... If ya don't get it then we just have different views ... If I go into it this will become a.religious discusion and that really wasn't the original point. Oh well.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

It was sent to close friends and family. She didn't call a press conference and call for prayers, she sent a damn email to her close circle of friends and family. I dunno why Dunhill's all worked into a lather over this.
                            Not only that, but technically she didn't ask that they pray he wins, she just asked that they pray that he feels "confident, healthy and strong". I see ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that, even if it was on a place like twitter (which it wasn't).

If my wife had a really important job interview coming up, is it wrong for me to pray that she feels confident, healthy, and strong?

Gisele only asked for "positive energy so they can fulfill their dream of winning this super bowl".

I can't believe this is a news story. Probably just to attempt to drive the ratings up for the super bowl by putting a negative spin on Tom Brady.
                            Last edited by SkinnyMike42; 02-02-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

What do we have to get?

You made this thread saying you think she is "arrogant beyond belief" because of what she chooses to pray for.

Unless you're god, or have already been to heaven and talked with him, how could you be qualified to pass judgement on her?

I'm not saying she was wrong or right; I'm saying it doesn't matter what she does in private.

Comment

Working...
                              X