This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Pa is dead

So now I'm listening to the radio today and am hearing "....despite what happened, despite the children that were hurt, despite the cover up, despite the abuse of power, despite the despicable crimes that he could have helped to prevent, despite the trauma caused to these children and their familys, despite the hatred many CHOSE to have for him, despite....blah blah blah.... We have to look at all the good he has done on this day...blah blah blah" from hosts and callers so I'm just venting here.....

Um....no WE don't. I didn't CHOOSE to hate him, HE created that hate. I don't CHOOSE to forget of any good he may have done, he destroyed that. I have a gut reaction when I remember a man. We are all flawed and all make mistakes but we all make choices and when your choices create pain and destruction your legacy will be tarnished by those choices. I remember a man based on where the scales fall....when your actions cause harm to children the scales can only fall one way.

You did that joe....and many, myself included, can not forgive or forget.
    I hope you are burning rt now.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

And yet, the world still turns...
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

The minute he found out he should have done everything in his power to stop this. If the university or the cops couldn't or wouldn't do it, he could have called me or someone like me and we would have taken care of Sandusky. No excuses... His image is tarnished cuz he tarnished it.

Comment

I am missing something here? Sandusky was who did the wrong and yes it was horrible and yes he should be strung up by his testes. Buy Paterno WAS NOT THE PERSON WHO DID IT. You hear more people hating on Joe and he dident even do it. ITS CRAZY LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am with you Bruce. I am also annoyed the media is putting a positive spin on him now only after demonizing him a couple of months ago. Typical media.
          "Being tired isn't the same as being rich, but most times it's close enough" Chuck Palahnuik

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

Comment

Originally posted by bruce777 View Post
            I am missing something here? Sandusky was who did the wrong and yes it was horrible and yes he should be strung up by his testes. Buy Paterno WAS NOT THE PERSON WHO DID IT. You hear more people hating on Joe and he dident even do it. ITS CRAZY LOL

So if I walk in on you killing someone and just smile, say "you rascal", and walk away, then later not only do I not tell anyone, but I help you cover it up, I haven't done anything wrong?

Edit: I know he didn't witness it, so I will use another example. If I find out my daycare provider is molesting some of the other kids, and I don't say anything and actually cover it up, am I not just as much to blame for all future molestations that occur?
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Dude, Paterno knew about it from day one and did nothing. Guilty by association. Fuck him and good riddance.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Dang....LOL according to the version I heard the powers that be at Penn state were told and THEY did nothing about it and what about the dude who actually did witness it. I haven't heard his name more than two or three times since this whole thing happened. I guess I just can't figure out why Paterno is so much more to blame. More than the fella who witnessed it firsthand, more than the whole rest of the school staff and, wait for it........more than the Guy who actually DID IT. Hello is anyone home? I think not.

Comment

Dang....LOL according to the version I heard the powers that be at Penn state were told and THEY did nothing about it and what about the dude who actually did witness it. I haven't heard his name more than two or three times since this whole thing happened. I guess I just can't figure out why Paterno is so much more to blame. More than the fella who witnessed it firsthand, more than the whole rest of the school staff and, wait for it........more than the Guy who actually DID IT. Hello is anyone home? I think not.
                  No I get what you mean, Bruce. I think it's just a case of Paterno being such a figurehead and the media is more used to him and he's an easier target, as he has been the face of that program for....forever! lol. I think it also has a lot to do with Paterno always talking about his relationship with his players, the "kids". Obviously young men look up to him a ton (or did) in the past, more so than Sandusky I would think. People get bitter. Real quick, too.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Paterno certainly isn't any more at fault than anyone else who knew about it, or walked in on it, or the guy who did it. He is, however, just as much at fault for what happened after he was informed.

As a wise, old, angry black man once said "yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell! "
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      I hope you are burning rt now.

Come on dude. Seriously? The man is dead from lung cancer. I just don't understand this "fuck the dead" mentality. I don't really consider myself as a person of faith, but I sure as hell am not going to say something like this. I mean... were you there Dun? Or are you JUDGING him based on what you've heard?

Maybe you should stop with the God complex before you end up being judged by the same imperfect judgement with which you are judging. I really do say this with no disrespect intended.
                      It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Edit: I def don't care enough about this topic to spark more discussion; to each their own.
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                          So you have never heard of someone dying after doing something unspeakable and thought you hope they or know they are in hell?
                          I don't believe in hell, but honestly, I don't THINK so. I'm not saying this to seem like I'm being holier than thou. I just don't understand the mentality.

I am not saying he does, or does not deserve to be in hell. I'm saying, who are any of us to say that about a person who has passed. I think its kind of fucked up, and maybe we should think twice before we start hoping people burn in hell eternally. Its not up to us anyways.
                          It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Jeff,

Speaking as someone with literally ZERO faith:

I simply say "Fuck Paterno" as a way of saying the following:

"I don't feel like any accomplishment credited to him should be remembered above anything else, as everything relates to football. And, football is a GAME. To entertain. To take our minds off of stuff. It's not anything real. Yes, it changes and shapes player's lives, I'll give you that. But I don't treat athletes/coaches/owners etc as anything special in regards to their personal accomplishments. My usual response to seeing this kind of news is 'who cares?'. Condolences to his family, as it's always hard losing a loved one. BUT, just because Mr. Paterno was a good coach doesn't mean he couldn't have been a despicable human being."

That's my view on most of these kind of things. Don't care so much about things that really don't matter at all. Come to me when brilliant minds who shape the world we live in, the technology we use, and how we look at our world die. Then I will care and reflect.

That's coming from someone who has played football and various sports for the majority of their life.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                            -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

I don't get the mentality of "aw...he is dead so let's forget what he did". I don't believe in heaven or hell....my comment is more figuratively (SP?) speaking. What he did is unforgivable. He fed children to a monster. He WAS P.S.! He was the most powerful man in the state when this started. People not in the area may not get that. If he wanted Sandusky gone he would have been gone but that would have made HIS program look bad so he covered it up, let Sandusky bring boys on road trips, protected his program, was on the board of directors at sanduskys charity (feeding ground) cause that looked good even though he knew what was going on.

If there were a hell....sandusky, paterno and ALL the rest of them that were complicite with their actions would belong there. All of them.

If you found out your child was one of the victims....and it happened after they all did nothing except help a monster....would you say "well he is dead now....let's just talk nice about him"?

He wrote his legacy, I did not.
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X