Recipe Help- Filet Mingion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe Help- Filet Mingion

Gonna cook a nice birthday dinner for a special lady.

Good fix Filet Mingion with asparagus and sweet potato.

Need a good recipe for the steak, anyone got any?
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

I like filet mignon skewers, but not sure if you want to do that on a date or not. I usually don't season my higher quality meats that well. With the skewers,if i don't use a marinade, I just use sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic, crushed red pepper and a squeeze of lemon. You ever grill asparagus? Coat it with olive oil and then garlic seasoning with parsley and grill. That is what I like. Your tastes might be different.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
      I like filet mignon skewers, but not sure if you want to do that on a date or not. I usually don't season my higher quality meats that well. With the skewers,if i don't use a marinade, I just use sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic, crushed red pepper and a squeeze of lemon. You ever grill asparagus? Coat it with olive oil and then garlic seasoning with parsley and grill. That is what I like. Your tastes might be different.
      Thanks man. I think I might definitely do that with the asparagus.

Comment

Grill the asparagus.......Salt, pepper, olive oil, squeeze of lemon off the grill. Perfect nothing else needed

Filet Mingion-- If its good quality meat. Salt pepper than just Grill it. MR (medium Rare) If you go much over that than the meat really get chewy. (cause there is no fat) If you want to dress it up than try this

Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from the steak than add red wine reduced by 1/2 put about 1/2 cup of beef stock in there and reduce again Whisk in 3 tablespoons butter. add some mushrooms (cooked) in and let sit for about 5 minutes and serve. (at the last second before serving add some herbs. I like tarragon or rosemary. If you used dried spices than don't over do it)

Nope its not on any kind of diet but one cheat meal want kill you (i don't think Shelby will agree though )

Comment

Here are two beef recipes:

Sautéed Beef in an Indian Spinach Sauce

1 lb sirloin, roud steak or flilet cut into 1-inch cubes
          10 oz spinach, fresh or frozen
          1 large onion, quartered
          2 1-inch cubes of fresh ginger, peeled
          6 cloves garlic
          1 cup frozen green peas
          1 cup whole plain yogurt
          1 tbsp olive oil
          1/4 cup water
          1 tsp curry powder
          1 tsp garam masala spice powder
          Salt & pepper, to taste

Put the onion, ginger, and garlic in a food processor and make a puree or paste. This can also be done in small batches in a blender. Brown this puree in a large skillet on medium-high heat together with the olive oil, about 10 minutes, or until the mixture gets
          brown and loses some of its moisture. Remove from the skillet, and then add the beef and sauté for a few minutes until brown. Return the onion, garlic, and
          ginger mixture back to the skillet, add the water, stir, and then begin adding the yogurt 1tbsp at a time, stirring constantly. Add the curry powder, salt and
          pepper. When the creamy mixture has begun a light boil, begin adding the spinach. Fresh is best, but if you choose frozen, thaw it and drain any liquid before adding. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, reducing the spinach. Remove cover and add garam masala just before serving.

Peppered Steak with Grilled Onions and Balsamic Syrup

Ingredients
          1.25 lb sirloin steak (or Filet)
          1 large onion, sliced
          1 cup balsamic vinegar
          1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
          1 tsp olive oil
          1 tsp coconut oil
          Salt & pepper, to taste

To make the balsamic syrup, add one cup of balsamic vinegar to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil the vinegar until it has reduced to one quarter of the amount you started with (reduce to 1/4 cup). It will turn into thick, bubbly syrup. Be
          sure not to overcook, as it can burn easily near the end. If the reduced vinegar becomes too thick when it cools, heat it slowly with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of water until it is a desirable consistency.
          In a large skillet, melt or warm the coconut oil over medium-high heat and add the onions. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat, and then stir fry for 8-10 minutes, until the onions are nice and browned. The longer the onions are browned, the sweeter they
          become (without burning of course).
          Pat the steaks dry with paper towels, and then rub them lightly with the oil. Massage the salt, ginger, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper over the steaks.
          Sear the steaks in a heavy nonstick skillet over high heat about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or 5-6 minutes for medium-well. You will know it’s
          time to turn the steaks when little droplets of blood form on the surface.
          Nestle a mound of onions next to the steaks, and then drizzle the balsamic vinegar syrup over everything.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Wrap that sum-a-bitch with bacon and grill it, that's it. Hmm Hmm!
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
              You would lol
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                Actual one of my favs is make herb lard and "paint" it on as the steak cooks

Comment

With filet you dont' need much of anything....I least I don't....A little Montreal Steak Seasoning and on the grill, med rare or rare....The flavor is so nice, they're not like other steaks that you have to marinate and stuff imo....
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Cris,

that second recipe you posted has to be the one. Sounds AMAZING.

Comment

I made a nice meal for my wife last week with Filet. I broiled it (only because it happened to be -30C out that night....you can grill it). and made a homemade beschamel (sp?) sauce. Steam the asparagus until it is about 90% done, then drain the water and sautee it with a little butter, salt and pepper. Place the asparagus on top of the filet and drizzle it with the beschamel. I served it with a brown butter and crab risotto. If you want that recipe let me know....I'm not going to type it out if you're dieting and can't eat something as fatty as risotto.

If you're broiling the meat like I did, the trick is to get a frying pan as hot as you conceivably can, rub the meat with olive oil, and place the meat on there for about 10 or 15sec/side. Let it cool a little and place about 1/2 tsp of butter on top before putting it under the broiler. Also, regardless of how you're cooking it, it should go right from the grill/pan/whatever, right to the plate it will be eaten on. Like ldc said, it's not very fatty so you want to keep every ounce of juice you can.
                      "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

First the salt, pepper and that's it comments are correct (depending how your cooking it evoo can be brushed on BUT evoo has a lower smoking point so if you are gonna sear the steak at a high temp, like Pittsburgh it, then don't use evoo cause it will burn), use a grill pan or cast iron skillet (or an actual grill), the steak tells you when to turn it...it will release....NEVER try and turn it before it releases, for temp please don't cook past med/rare and even that's pushing it. If you want med or more then get a diff cut of meat, let the steak come to room temp BEFORE you grill it ... After it is done do NOT serve rt away...you MUST let a filet rest (any meat should rest but the leaner the meat the more important it is to let it rest).

There are a bunch of tips for making a perfect steak but those are some basics. Go to food network and search Boby flay.... Oh and for the asparagus....bend them and they will break at the spot that they should be trimmed at (again, the food will tell you how it likes to be prepared)...steam or par boil then toss with salt, pepper, evoo and garlic....grill. that's it.

Good luck.

Peace.
                        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                        Nicki Minaj

Comment

Dunhill, you're in the bar/food business, correct? If so, where are you working at? I'm just curious, as I know you worked down by me in the past.....
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            Dunhill, you're in the bar/food business, correct? If so, where are you working at? I'm just curious, as I know you worked down by me in the past.....
                            Not any more bro. But let's see you said "down by me" so I am assuming you mean south jersey (I'm in central nj now).... So in south jersey I was at cafe aldo lambertti in cherryhill, pasta vino (another lamberti rest) in mt laurel, regency palace (Ramadan hotel) mt laurel, the mansion on mainstreet in vorhees, Italian affair in glassboro, cap-n-cats in franklinville.... Helped out and did the door and covered shifts in bar and store at the rainbow inn in Clayton......think that's it...LOL hey I lived there for like 16 years and 4 of those places were 3+ years each....pretty long tending bar at one spot...

Been in any of them??
                            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                            Nicki Minaj

Comment

ive been to every one of them lol. The mansion is where one side of my family has all their catered events. Used to hit italian affair when it was still open. Capncats i love haha. Good stuff man

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X