Wherever You Are, Be There.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherever You Are, Be There.

Never to young or old to be reminded how important this message is. It's so easy to get caught up on the future or worrying about the past, when today is really all we have. Enjoy the read, I sure did.

One of the major reasons why we fail to find happiness or to create unique lifestyle is because we have not yet mastered the art of being.

While we are home our thoughts are still absorbed with solving the challenges we face at the office. And when we are at the office we find ourselves worrying about problems at home.

We go through the day without really listening to what others are saying to us. We may be hearing the words, but we aren't absorbing the message.

As we go through the day we find ourselves focusing on past experiences or future possibilities. We are so involved in yesterday and tomorrow that we never even notice that today is slipping by.

We go through the day rather than getting something from the day. We are everywhere at any given moment in time except living in that moment in time.

Lifestyle is learning to be wherever you are. It is developing a unique focus on the current moment, and drawing from it all of the substance and wealth of experience and emotions that it has to offer. Lifestyle is taking time to watch a sunset. Lifestyle is listening to silence. Lifestyle is capturing each moment so that it becomes a new part of what we are and of what we are in the process of becoming. Lifestyle is not something we do; it is something we experience. And until we learn to be there, we will never master the art of living well.
    by Jim Rohn
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Heckman, I love this passage. This is so pertinent to me and relevant to commitment I have made to myself to change my life to be more in tune with the present and enjoy each moment for what it has has to offer. So often I find myself caught up in things that I cannot change or situations may or may not ever happen, or have already passed, or find myself speculating about a future event that I lose sight of what is going on around me. I realized that I have been missing out on some of life's simple pleasures and the satisfaction that comes about from the experiences in getting from point A to point B and am in the process of making the lifestyle changes to be more open to new experiences and living in the present moment.

Thank you for posting this.

-Kris
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I recently read a blog from someone on recapping her 2011 and planning her 2012. She reminded me how much being present also involves shutting off all the crap. She can say it better than I...

We are currently in a social media craze. Everybody, including me, is on Facebook, Twitter, Linkd In, Google+, Blogger, etc. Both myself and Michael have made a concerted effort to back down our time on social media because it's not doing a single thing to get us closer to our very ambitious goals. When you are old do you think anybody will care about how many "friends" you had? Can you imagine starting a conversation by saying, "Hey Ethel! Remember that great status update I posted??" Hell no! You'll be reminiscing about actual experiences. The problem is, I feel like actual experiences are muddled now by people glued to their phones the entire time so they are missing out by not being present. Look around at the next dinner event and I can almost guarantee that everybody will be skimming through their phones even though they are physically with their friends or family!

Comment

Sub'd for later
        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Great read, thank you for posting!

Comment

That's pretty deep for 5:47 in the morning. Usually we just poke fun at people and talk about foods thats give us gas.

I am as guilty of this as anyone:

"While we are home our thoughts are still absorbed with solving the challenges we face at the office. And when we are at the office we find ourselves worrying about problems at home."

Something I really need to start working on. Good Read, Thanks!
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Heckman's 547am is like everyone else's 9am....lol
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                Yeah I know. When I got to the gym this morning at 3:30, Heckman had already finished his chest, shoulders and was on tris.
                2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                  No kidding right? I've already eaten twice and shit 3 times by then...lol
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Working...
                  X