Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google+

Anyone on it?

It's still very much a work in progress, but I'm liking it better than Facebook. The pictures are better quality. I love the Hangouts. Now, not only can you videochat with ten people, but you can make voice calls to anywhere in the United States and Canada from the videochat. Google is reaching out into all these different areas of its monolith and is pulling it all into one place.

The downsides, of course, is that you either need a Gmail account or have an email account through a domain name being handled by Gmail. Another thing it "suffers" from, of course, is that not "enough" people have jumped on board to make it really take off. The features are great, but it really depends on others being in G+ as well. (Though, the voice calls from the hangouts takes it a step in the right direction.)

I doubt I'll dump Facebook or Twitter anytime soon, but I'm definitely digging Google+. I highly recommend it.
    Officially declared an Intense Muscle Godfather as of April 3, 2007!!!

I was wondering who else was on it, as well. I just signed up yesterday and it seems like a pretty easy to use interface at least so far. NOT hip to figuring out all of the privacy things when you first start something like this, though. Example: I hate that you have to turn off an option that tells everyone where you are posting from. I think you should be able to turn it ON but it should default to being off and it doesn't.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Nope. Anything associated with Google is suspect to me. That company has more access to private information than the stinkin' CIA. No thanks.

I dumped Facebook awhile ago too. Something just seems a little "off" with all of the privacy leaks lately. But then again, I'm just a big conspiracy theorist.....

Comment

I got on it when it was in beta testing. Messed around for 3 or 4 days. Haven't been on it since. Seems like could be more geared toward professionals with the VTC type settings etc. I also don't like the default privacy settings that Skip was talking about, especially that people can "follow" your posts without your permission simply by adding you to their circles.

Comment

I'm on it but don't really know how to use it and haven't logged on very often.
          Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by 5spotbullseye View Post
            Nope. Anything associated with Google is suspect to me. That company has more access to private information than the stinkin' CIA. No thanks.

I dumped Facebook awhile ago too. Something just seems a little "off" with all of the privacy leaks lately. But then again, I'm just a big conspiracy theorist.....
            I agreem but at the same time it depends what you use it for; I just use it for killing time/chatting when I'm working. You can control how much you share etc...
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

I was in the same boat as you Michael, got in on the beta testing, stuck with it for awhile but the biggest problem was that the only friends of mine that were on it were all the nerdy guys that follow this kind of techy stuff (like me lol). I did however really like the UI and concept of circles. Being able to post to a group of people is a lot easier to do in Google+ than in Facebook. As far as privacy is concerned, both Facebook's and Google+'s privacy policies are somewhat loosely written and open to interpretation (though Google+'s is much easier to read/understand for those of us that aren't lawyers). I think that in the near future we'll be seeing data mined from Google+ and used in other Google services for advertising, searches, etc. Google already does this with keywords from your Gmail and search terms to show more targeted ads. Personally, I hope Google CRUSHES Facebook but I digress... Either way, it's only a matter of time before 'The Google' becomes self aware and destroys us all

Comment

I like it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
                International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                X