Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My '99 vette, new dyno numbers.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My '99 vette, new dyno numbers.

    Not sure how many car guys are on here, but here is a dyno graph and idle clip of my 1999 corvette.

    Was heads/cam/headers before and made 434 rwhp, sae corrected.

    Added a fast 90 intake manifold and picked up quite a bit to 462 rwhp, sae corrected. The car only weighs 3000 lbs, so it is quite a blast to drive. Should be a high 10 second car when I get some drag radials for it. Not bad for the stock engine block.

    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEwv4BWK2A[/youtube]


  • #2
    Impressive numbers!

    TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

    Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds good, I actually just got back a week ago from Wixom, Mi. and visited the GM Performance Build Center where all LS3, LS7, LS9 are hand built for the vette. I got to see an LS9 being built while I was there.


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PTAaron View Post
        Impressive numbers!
        Originally posted by DirtyJohnson View Post
        Sounds good, I actually just got back a week ago from Wixom, Mi. and visited the GM Performance Build Center where all LS3, LS7, LS9 are hand built for the vette. I got to see an LS9 being built while I was there.
        Thanks guys.

        That's pretty cool that you got to see that. The LS series of motors are fantastically awesome. I think my next one will be the LS7 .

        Comment


        • #5
          If you are really considering the LS7 you might want to consider the LS9 instead. Much better motor and after talking to the engineer there and seeing the internals I am convinced and I was a 7 fan myself.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DirtyJohnson View Post
            If you are really considering the LS7 you might want to consider the LS9 instead. Much better motor and after talking to the engineer there and seeing the internals I am convinced and I was a 7 fan myself.
            Hahaha, if I were made of $$$$ id be all over the ls9. The ls9 is of course way stronger because it has boost going through it.

            I figure a used z06 should be in the mid to low 30's when I am ready to buy one in a couple of years.

            Another option is to buy an ls3 and supercharge that and make about 700 rwhp. They have thicker cylinder walls than the ls7, so they hold boost better.

            Comment


            • #7
              needtopostavideonotincompletedarkness.jpg.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ch3v3ll3 View Post
                needtopostavideonotincompletedarkness.jpg.

                Haha, ok man. Next time after I wash it. That was an old video after I first started it after doing my cam swap in my back yard.

                I need to take a better acceleration video though, but there have been tons of cops out lately. I've been getting way too much cop attention lately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Get an old Viper. They're dirt cheap in this economy and the power is far better.

                  I have yet to dyno after mods to my 96 GTS, but I should be around 600rwhp.

                  You should be able to pick one up in good condition about 30-35K in this market...I would guess.


                  PS - With the HUGE displacement, the torque is available right away and will shatter your eyes in the back of your skull

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Undertow View Post
                    Get an old Viper. They're dirt cheap in this economy and the power is far better.

                    I have yet to dyno after mods to my 96 GTS, but I should be around 600rwhp.

                    You should be able to pick one up in good condition about 30-35K in this market...I would guess.


                    PS - With the HUGE displacement, the torque is available right away and will shatter your eyes in the back of your skull
                    Oh my god, I love older vipers. The only reason I am going to stick with the LSX platforms is because I know them inside and out. I do a lot of work on customers cars for my friends shop and obviously have done all my own installs.

                    I am thinking of just forging my 346 motor and slapping a supercharger on it. With my headers and badass heads, it should easily make 750+. But a measly 460 rwhp already gets me into too much trouble as it is, so I may wait until this is a dedicated track car. Plus I gotta pay for a wedding this year .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is my car . Mine is about 300 rwhp and it's only the 6. I have a JLT CAI, and a Bama Tune. Next year i'm putting a supercharger on it along with some boost. American Muscle has got this car into the 11's with just those mods. Not too shabby for a 6!
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by davidb View Post
                        This is my car . Mine is about 300 rwhp and it's only the 6. I have a JLT CAI, and a Bama Tune. Next year i'm putting a supercharger on it along with some boost. American Muscle has got this car into the 11's with just those mods. Not too shabby for a 6!
                        Yeah, it should touch 11's even with the 6 cylinder if you add some boost . They are fairly light at 3450 or so lbs.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X