Dragon Software feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Software feedback please

If anyone has experience with Dragon Voice Recognition software, please let me know your thoughts. I am primarily looking to use it to dictate in word for my articles so I don't really need things like updating my twitter or facebook type stuff. Reviews are all over the place. Thanks.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

We are working on an eye tracking software in my Usability Testing class right now.

One of the problems is how to let users type (since we are assuming they don't want/can't to use their hands.)

My number one advice with Dragon is this: Let the software train you, don't try to train the software.

One of my professors regularly drives from Lubbock to Houston (9 hour drive) and would practice with the software the whole 9 hour drive. He said it took 4 or 5 trips before he was good enough to use the software as a keyboard replacement.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Good info. I picked up a better mic and the software was easy to install and within less than an hour I was using it without any issues. I am actually very surprised at how easy it is to use and the accuracy is damned good. Little things like having to capitalize at the begining of every sentence is annoying but it is making writing articles a BREEZE. I am not kidding when I say that this likely is going to increase productivity twice over if not more.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Good info. I picked up a better mic and the software was easy to install and within less than an hour I was using it without any issues. I am actually very surprised at how easy it is to use and the accuracy is damned good. Little things like having to capitalize at the begining of every sentence is annoying but it is making writing articles a BREEZE. I am not kidding when I say that this likely is going to increase productivity twice over if not more.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          ....I am not kidding when I say that this likely is going to increase productivity twice over if not more.

Skip
          ...I am not kidding when I say that this likely is going to increase productivity twice over if not more.

Skip
          Guess it's already working

jk.. we used the software somewhat for report writing when I was deployed, but had to do away with it, mostly due to technical terms/acronyms...

MT

Comment

I've used the iPhone version of it in the past - but I didn't give it a fair shake... Apparently with my "Michigan Accent" some things don't sound quite right and it came up with some really creative versions of what I was trying to say.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

we have dozens of installs in our health system, as docs use it to dictate for EMR. it seems pretty solid and it does learn your voice and speech style as you go, but it also makes you more aware of when your speech gets sloppy, because it will be less accurate at interp when you mumble, etc. I think a good mic is key here. Nuance makes the dragon software and they also make their own mic, which we have also purchased a ton of. they are pretty good too.

be sure to copy over your training file if you ever switch pc's, otherwise you will be training it all over again, which i'm sure is hard in your Colorado Mountain-Ebonics dialect you speak w/.
              To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
              --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
              - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
              - Homonunculus

Comment

lol

Noted.

By the way, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well, my friend.

Skip

Comment

lol

Noted.

By the way, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well, my friend.

Skip
                  thanks for the love skip.

my family has had a lot of tough times lately. in the past 2.5 years i've had one son w/ reconstructive cranio surgery, the other son almost died from mrsa, and was hospitalized just 2 weeks ago for 3 days w/ respiratory distress, and my wife has been hospitalized a few times too.

my role i know is to be the rock and the leader, and sometimes it is tough. my motivation goes in waves in terms of taking care of myself. no excuses...just saying maybe i'm not as self motivated or driven to excel for myself as i would like to be. I think through all this I have tried to sacrifice a lot for my family to keep pushing forward through all the medical bills, stress, etc but it can really start to wear on a person. i have a great relationship w/ God and have found w/ that belief and perspective its easier to be optimistic..

I enjoy coming here and reading, seeing people progress, etc. someday life will calm down enough to where I can focus on myself more than I am now. I think back to how hard i used to think life was when i first came to IM, and the biggest stress in my day was making it to work on time...i had no responsibilities then and i knew nothing about time management. Getting married and having a family gives you great perspective on life and makes where you once were seem like cake.
                  To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
                  - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
                  - Homonunculus

Comment

Working...
                  X