Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 things here. why yo never give up, why the death penalty is wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things here. why yo never give up, why the death penalty is wrong.

Listen, there is more to this case than this article... There is the finger prints of a man who committed an identical murder at the scene, there is reasons why testimony was accepted, why a deal was offered, etc... But just read this part....

http://mobile.france24.com/en/201110...oxing-debut-52

Dreams may take a long time to come true but if you never give up they can. The man has no pro ambitions, no anger, no trying to get time back..... He wanted ONE FIGHT....to live his dream for ONE NIGHT!

He did.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

I saw this story during the ESPY awards, it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. This guy has NO hate, no anger, or anything negative towards anyone. He's making up for lost time without wasting time being angry and upset about the past. I applaud him and his ability to make the most of the situation. I'm glad he got his fight, and glad he won it.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

That's a great story, but personally I would not abolish the death penalty over this. What exactly does the death penalty hafta do with this story? If your inference is the mistake that was made, we have come a long way since 1983, and the evidence presented in ghis day and age is more times than not, correct....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
        That's a great story, but personally I would not abolish the death penalty over this. What exactly does the death penalty hafta do with this story? If your inference is the mistake that was made, we have come a long way since 1983, and the evidence presented in ghis day and age is more times than not, correct....
        I don't have time to read the story right now.. but my views on the death penalty were just changed recently. Not for the bleeding heart liberal reasons - but because of the fallibility of our legal system.

The amount of people that have been convicted of murder and then found innocent 20+ years later is ridiculous - and I am sure many, many more innocent men have died due to the death penalty without being found guilty first.

Do I think the death penalty should be completely abolished? No, not really. I think in cases where they actually have to collect evidence and make a case against a man - that we need to be more careful. Ya know if a guy walks into a salon and kills 8 people (like the latest news story), surrenders afterward.. etc. It is obvious he did the deed - multiple witnesses, confession, etc. Kill him.

A man that is convicted of killing his wife due to evidence that has been found in the house that could have been planted or misunderstood - should not be put to death. No witnesses, no confession, just a case made against him due to some evidence collected. I think you get my gist.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
          I don't have time to read the story right now.. but my views on the death penalty were just changed recently. Not for the bleeding heart liberal reasons - but because of the fallibility of our legal system.

The amount of people that have been convicted of murder and then found innocent 20+ years later is ridiculous - and I am sure many, many more innocent men have died due to the death penalty without being found guilty first.

Do I think the death penalty should be completely abolished? No, not really. I think in cases where they actually have to collect evidence and make a case against a man - that we need to be more careful. Ya know if a guy walks into a salon and kills 8 people (like the latest news story), surrenders afterward.. etc. It is obvious he did the deed - multiple witnesses, confession, etc. Kill him.

A man that is convicted of killing his wife due to evidence that has been found in the house that could have been planted or misunderstood - should not be put to death. No witnesses, no confession, just a case made against him due to some evidence collected. I think you get my gist.

x2
          Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
          -John Ceasar

Comment

x3, especially on fallibility of legal system

Comment

QFT......I agree withe "principle" of the death penalty but the fallibility of the legal system + I don't believe the death penalty is issued fairly makes it hard for me to support it in it's current state. I'm here in ga so this has been a hot topic lately because of the Troy Davis situation. Here we have a guy put to death based on witness testimony and 8/10 jurors recanted their testimony..... And he was still put to death!!!!! They actually had a group on the radio called " death row survivors" or something like that. 130+ guys that were on death row but were later exonerated.... How scary is that?

Comment

I am sure you are rt when you say "more often than not..." But is that enough for you??

This post wasn't just about the death penalty or people convicted of murder but also about the human spirit and a man dream becoming a reality.
                Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                Nicki Minaj

Comment

No, I understand that there are many issues with the legal system. I just feel that NOW, we have damn near foolproof ways of getting proper convictions. Most of the stories you hear about wrongful convictions being overturned are happening in part due to DNA testing. If DNA is good enough to exonerate people imprisoned in a time when the testing wasn't available, in my opinion it's good enough to convict. I also feel that if there is the classic "open and shut" case, and it's proven beyond a doubt with DNA and other avenues, the punishment should be swift and not cost the taxpayers money for 20 years thru the appeal process. I understand this will cause mixed responses, so I will say ghat this is merely my opinion.....
                  STEEL

Comment

No, I understand that there are many issues with the legal system. I just feel that NOW, we have damn near foolproof ways of getting proper convictions. Most of the stories you hear about wrongful convictions being overturned are happening in part due to DNA testing. If DNA is good enough to exonerate people imprisoned in a time when the testing wasn't available, in my opinion it's good enough to convict. I also feel that if there is the classic "open and shut" case, and it's proven beyond a doubt with DNA and other avenues, the punishment should be swift and not cost the taxpayers money for 20 years thru the appeal process. I understand this will cause mixed responses, so I will say ghat this is merely my opinion.....
                    I would tend to agree. If it is obvious that a man killed someone else - irrefutable evidence like it was caught on camera in HD or something.. go out and hang him.. I don't really care about that.

In cases where it is not 100% certain and there is a strong case for the defense, I don't think death is a suitable option.
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

I would tend to agree. If it is obvious that a man killed someone else - irrefutable evidence like it was caught on camera in HD or something.. go out and hang him.. I don't really care about that.

In cases where it is not 100% certain and there is a strong case for the defense, I don't think death is a suitable option.
                      I agree here, absolutely. I think my biggest beef with our justice system is the soft penalties for crimes against children. IMO, if you hurt or do something of a sexual nature with a child, and again, there would need to be irrefutable evidence, I think the punishment should be swift and SEVERE....there have been many horrific crimes against children where the offender should be put to death, but they get 5 years....it sickens me. This country has made it's death penalty a joke. In other less civilized countries, the death penalty actually serves as a deterrent for crime IMO....here, not at all, except maybe in Texas....lol
                      STEEL

Comment

I agree here, absolutely. I think my biggest beef with our justice system is the soft penalties for crimes against children. IMO, if you hurt or do something of a sexual nature with a child, and again, there would need to be irrefutable evidence, I think the punishment should be swift and SEVERE....there have been many horrific crimes against children where the offender should be put to death, but they get 5 years....it sickens me. This country has made it's death penalty a joke. In other less civilized countries, the death penalty actually serves as a deterrent for crime IMO....here, not at all, except maybe in Texas....lol
                        Texas has an express lane.
                        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Zain

this dude was a real winner from my state
                          Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

the sad fact is that in this country it seems the mostly severely punished timewise are drug offenders

Comment

Yeah...I dont think my views on the death penalty are going to change.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...R2L_story.html

-slide
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Working...
                              X