X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Show Mocks Planet Fitness

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...cled-americans

Awesome.

Also, one of my housemates is a Planet Fitness employee, and she is nowhere near as hot as the girl in that vid. Feelsbadman.

" So it's a judgement free zone...but...you get to judge...." HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

THAT WAS GREAT.... (I'm surprised that Planet Fitness let them get inside to film that, but I guess any publicity...)

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I get just as irritated as the next person when I hear about what Planet Fitness does but ... do keep in mind that there is a reason that this gym was created in the first place and the reason is because of BODYBUILDERS AND THE WAY MOST OF THEM ACT IN AND OUT OF THE GYM. I honestly don't blame regular people for not wanting "us" around them when they train. All gyms aren't like this (Planet Fitness), it is just one gym chain that caters to the non-meathead and, quite frankly, I think it is great. Sorry guys.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          I get just as irritated as the next person when I hear about what Planet Fitness does but ... do keep in mind that there is a reason that this gym was created in the first place and the reason is because of BODYBUILDERS AND THE WAY MOST OF THEM ACT IN AND OUT OF THE GYM. I honestly don't blame regular people for not wanting "us" around them when they train. All gyms aren't like this (Planet Fitness), it is just one gym chain that caters to the non-meathead and, quite frankly, I think it is great. Sorry guys.

Skip
          The fact that "non-meatheads" as you so eloquantly put it, want a place of their own isn't the issue. The issue is that they've gone about it in an extremely hypocritical fashion! :humble:
          -KidRok-

Comment

Skip
            I've never thought it was a big deal. Most people in the gym are douchebags - even I hate lifting next to them.
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
              The fact that "non-meatheads" as you so eloquantly put it, want a place of their own isn't the issue. The issue is that they've gone about it in an extremely hypocritical fashion! :humble:
              I completely agree with you on this point but I think most of the crying is from people on the boards that are picking on the gym like they would pick on the nerdy guy benching 95 pounds. The mentality is that it is a pussy gym and anyone who trains there is a pussy. My point is that whether they are pussies or not they are probably normal, well-adjusted people that don't need to be stared at and be the center of attention.

Hey, I wouldn't train there - I need noise and prefer people training around me that are mildly psychotic. I prefer loud music and I drop weights all the time. I just don't care that there is a gym for people that want to avoid us.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Tempted to troll them and make a video...

Comment

.....prefer people training around me that are mildly psychotic. .......
                  Skip
                  hmmmmmm......
                  -KidRok-

Comment

I agree on a lot of points...their take on things is EXTREMELY hypocritical, but I prefer a gym that has some energy to it anyway. The atmosphere of some of these chain gyms is not too great, and although I'd love to be at a gym full of baby fat chunky soccer moms, I wouldn't get any training done...
                    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I fall somewhere between a pussy and a meathead, and I hope that someday I will be thrown out of a Planet Fitness.

Comment

it is just one gym chain that caters to the non-meathead and, quite frankly, I think it is great. Sorry guys.

Skip
                        I don't mind, but it would be nice to find a bodybuilder friendly gym with unlimited tanning for $15/month too!

Comment

Kinda ridiculous how Planet Fitness is kicking out bodybuilders AND you see Gold's Gyms doing it now too. In SC and GA I haven't found many...actually any gyms in close proximity to where I've lived where the gyms were catered towards bodybuilder/powerlifters/strongmen.

Edit: Its possible that they do exist, I've just never stumbled upon them.
                          Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

If a gym doesn't want bodybuilders, there are better ways to go about it than sounding a fucking lunk alarm. This gym doesn't really bother me that much, but like some here said, it's kind of ironic how their judgement free gym is founded on judgement.
                            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Again, I agree on the hypocrisy but look at what they have accomplished? No one here wants to go anywhere near that gym and ... that is exactly what they want.

I admit that Gold's Gym going to this is even more silly because they used to be known as the hardcore of the hardcore. That is REALLY disappointing but ... bottom line, guys, is this proves what I have said for a long time: As a group, we act like morons. If bodybuilders didn't act the way they do, gyms like this wouldn't exist.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X