Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This will go down as 1 of the top 5 MMA matches ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will go down as 1 of the top 5 MMA matches ever...

Dos Santos VS. Velasquez...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_...vs._Dos_Santos

Thoughts?
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Who do you like? I tend to think if Dos Santos can keep this on the feet, and I think he can, he won't have much trouble landing the KO.

Comment

I can't really say...they both can bang and aren't afraid to neither. Should be a fun fight to watch nonetheless.
      Max Muscle
      5020 Katella Ave.
      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Both of these guys are heavy handed. I think the winner will be whomever has a better cardio. It is really tough for these bigger guys to go to the later rounds. But these heavyweights are truly getting freaky athletic as the sport becomes more and more mainstream.

I also think the Lesnar vs. Overeem fight will be just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by riverhawk23 View Post
          I also think the Lesnar vs. Overeem fight will be just as good.
          Did the UFC sign Overeem? I hadn't heard anything about this fight. Last time I knew Overeem was still under Strikeforce and although the UFC bought them, it was my understanding guys in each would stay there & not criss cross over.
          Last edited by Knickerbocker24; 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
            I can't really say...they both can bang and aren't afraid to neither. Should be a fun fight to watch nonetheless.
            The only elite striker I've seen Cain fight was Congo, and although Cain won that fight by getting Congo down, Congo hurt him on the feet. I still have doubts Cain can stand with top strikers, especially taller ones since Cain is only 6'1". At 6'4", probably the best boxing in the HW division, & really good take down defense, I think Dos Santos is a match up problem for Cain. He is a HW version of Liddell, lankier guy with great hands that come from weird angles & great take down defense. But, I'll be interested to see the fight.
            Last edited by Knickerbocker24; 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Here is the info knickerbocker24

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-wp6588
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Thanks CJ

Comment

Cain. Fight won't stay standing... Cain will just keep taking him down. Oh and if Brock fights overeem.... He will turtle up like he does when he gets hit. Brocks just tooooo slow for top flight strikers. Get a big fork to stick in lesner cause he is DONE!
                  Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                  Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                  Nicki Minaj

Comment

IMHO Cain is probably going to beat Dos Santos. Getting rocked by Kongo is nothing to be ashamed of, dude has dynamite in his hands. Plus that was a while ago, and i'm sure Cain has improved a ton since then with his striking and defensive skills......only one way to find out though....

Comment

Working...
                    X