Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured Member for September...

steel1970!

Thanks, Scott, for taking the time to be our featured member. This is some good stuff here.

1. What is your name? Any nicknames?

Scott Jason Steely, nickname Steel, Scotty, Tiny, Dorker (from my wife)

2. Where do you live?

Pitman, NJ, which is a 2.2 sq. mile town in South Jersey. If you are driving thru it and blink, you missed it!

3. What do you do for a living or what are you studying?

Self employed carpenter, although currently working in the Carpenter's Union

4. Are you in a relationship? Do you have any kids?

Yes, I am married to my wife Doreen for almost 13 years. She is awesome in alot of ways, but her cooking absolutely SUCKS. We have 3 kids, Zach is 11, Darby is 9 and Bella is 5. Doreen wants another one but I secretly got snipped so that's not gonna happen, but I pretend all is good and tell her having sex every nite is the only way to ensure pregnancy....she doesn't believe me at this time however....

5. What three words best describe you?

Honest, loyal, goofy

6. What 10 things would someone see when they walked in your door?

Probably 10 different types of freaking candles/accessories due to my wife being a Partylite Consultant.Ok, maybe my work boots too.....

7. Did you play sports in high school or college? Which one(s)?

Played freshman football, ran track a couple years also. Played baseball for 10 years in youth leagues.

8. If time and money were not an issue, what would you do with your life?

I think I could honestly travel the world on a cruise ship with my family. The staff on those trips really know how to treat you well, and the food, well, my wife didn't cook it....

9. What kind of music will be on when you get into the car.

Usually sports radio, but if the kids were in the car then probably some pop type stuff that I don't like. However, I will listen to Katie Perry simply because she is hot as hell....(I know that's gross since I'm almost old enough to be her dad, but I don't care, that doesn't take away her hotness)

10. If you COULD erase one year out of your life, which one would it be? Why?

I try not to think like that, as I certainly try to learn from my mistakes, but my worst year was when my wife and I split for about a year or so. It was very hard being away from our kids, but there was a bunch of partying which was "OK". Everyone has an outlet...mine was drinking profusely and surrounding myself with alot of hot young women, which again, was "OK"....Boy would I hate to go through that again....

11. What bill do you hate to pay the most?

Obviously the mortgage, but I don't discriminate when it comes to bills, I hate them all.

12. What will you do with your tax refund? If you get one.

We usually do a 50/50 spend/save ratio...depends on how much it is, and if we are planning a trip, or if my wife decided to get a credit card the previous year...

13. How old were you when you first got your first car & what was it?

I was 17 and it was a 1978 Ford Tbird, or one of the biggest cars known to man....it was known in my circle as "The Tank".

14. What goals are you working to achieve this year?

The way this year has been going, my goal is to still be standing...lol. Actually, I am trying to save some money right now, so that is really priority, but other than that we are pretty well set.

15. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Megan Fox definitely...dinner, dessert, and then maybe that round the world cruise....

16. If you could only eat FIVE foods for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

Prime rib, chocolate mousse, Peppino's Chicken Contadina, dark chocolate cake, and thanks to Skip, Crispy Creme donuts....Notice I didn't mention ANYTHING that my wife would have to cook.....

17. Do you have any special skills or hobbies (i.e., nunchucks, welding, guitar, etc.)?

I actually used to be very good at nunchucks...lol. Hobby for awhile now is being involved in the local youth sports programs.

18. What is the ONE thing you always get when you go into Sam’’s or Costco’’s?

Annoyed at the long ass lines...I can't stand being in a crowd...lol

19. Who is your favorite cartoon character?

I always liked watching Tom & Jerry

20. Does someone at the gym really annoy you? why?

Not really...I usually get in and get out, wear my headphones and shut everyone out. I will say though that the women in there with their breasts hanging out really annoy me at times...that's just uncalled for.....

21. How often are you late for work or school?

Being self employed for almost the last 16 years or so, lateness was never an issue, cause I was the boss. But now working in the Union, I can say that I've been late on a few occasions. I get up plenty early, I just screw around too much in the mroning...

22. Have you ever had two dates in one night?

Yes, but not at the same time....We could take this a bit further, but I won't.....

23. What is one thing you could tell us about yourself that we would be shocked to know?

I dislocated my daughter's arm once while trying to put a "swimmie" on her....

24. Have you ever found something in your parent’’s bedroom that was questionable? If so, what?

Never wanted to even go in there....

25. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Out West, in the mountains, or here in the East on a lakefront property. My son said he will buy me one when he grows up and becomes a pro athlete, so I'm trying to muscle him up now.....

26. How many drinks does it take before you get drunk?

I don't drink often cause I have "the gene", but when I do drink, a couple of beers gets me very relaxed, and then I'm usually done...My friends laugh at me cause they say they don't understand how I can "turn it off" like I do. I simply tell them that they are VERY lucky that I do turn it off. There was a time when I didn't, and things could get very ugly very quickly....

27. Do you have any tattoos? What and Where?

Yes, my son and one daughter's portrait are on my chest, USAF tattoo complete with skull and rifle on my left arm, tribal on my right arm and shoulder, and coming soon is my youngest daughter's portrait. My wife keeps wanting me to get her name on me somewhere, but I told her until she can cook, no deal....

28. Do you have any piercings? Where?

No, had my ears pierced when I was younger, but I believe they are closed up now.

29. What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?

I will give them in order....Ass, boobs, face, rest of body, voice, laugh, personality... At least I'm honest... :-)

30. What is your favorite lift?

Any back row that is safe for my lower back.

31. What personality traits do you look for in a partner?

See answer to question 29....no really, I looked for someone I could trust and plan a life with, and I found my wife. Sense of humor was very big for me, goofiness too which is me, and being loyal is a definite plus too....

32. What magazine do you read most often?

I don't read any. I do most of my reading online or I let the kids read to me when I'm feeling lazy or wanna fall asleep....

33. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?

It would obviously be Xray vision that could see beneath women's clothes. Forget about this saving the world crap, I wanna see some nice booties and big hooters....(I'm laughing but I am very serious...)

34. What motivates you in life?

See answers to question 29....lol. Nah, just kidding, well not really, but I think I am motivated by wanting to ensure that my family has a good life and that I can teach my kids how to be responsible adults who can contribute in some way. There are too many duds in this world....

35. Graduating GPA from high school?

I believe it was around 3.2, but I can't really remember. I know I passed though, I think....

36. If you died today, would your affairs be in order?

Well, my wife would be fairly richbeing that I'm worth much more dead than alive, but no, my affairs would definitely take some time straightening out.

37. If you had to give up one electronic gadget, what would it be?

Cell phone, absolutely. They are the gateway device to the downfall of civilization. Cell phones have made nearly everyone in the world impatient for everything. Everything is at the touch of a phone these days, and that's not how life is supposed to be. That being said, yes I have one and rely on it heavily. I am so conflicted....lol

38. Last book you read?

Forget the title, but it was a book about Montana, the state, not the QB.

39. What got you motivated to start lifting?

Again, see answers to question 29...lol. No, I just was very thin and wanted to gain weight so I could, as Dante would say, "Look normal" at my height. It just grew from there....

40. Why do you come to IntenseMuscle.com everyday?

I like reading members' opinions here, and I think it is hands down the MOST informative site of its kind. I also work with Skip, so I get to harass him each and every day which not only has become a habit, but also very fun. It's actually very cool talking to some of the guys here, people who have alot in common with me in alot of ways. I consider IM my home away from home......
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Good read! Funny too...i sense the goofiness
    2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
    2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
    2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
    2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
    2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
    2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by shankuan View Post
      Yes, the Force is strong in this Jedi.
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Nice....so you won't be getting fat from your wife's cooking i take it?
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Fun stuff Steel, thanks for sharing and congrats on being September's featured member!
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

good read, Thanks for sharing
            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Good stuff!
              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Breck, absolutely not...very rare I would go back for seconds...lol. Honestly though, my wife has maybe 4-5 recipes that she does well, although they're not bb'ing type dinners, but they are good. But its taken her a VERY long time to get them down...I guess she would get an "A" for effort though...lol
                STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

That was a great read Steel. Sounds like you have a great environment around you.

Comment

Originally posted by shankuan View Post
                    Can you sense it, maybe a little bit? lol

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                    Yes, the Force is strong in this Jedi.
                    You sound like my cousin, everything is Star Wars quotes...lol

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    Fun stuff Steel, thanks for sharing and congrats on being September's featured member!
                    Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                    good read, Thanks for sharing
                    Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
                    Good stuff!
                    Thanks for reading guys, I enjoyed doing it. I always like reading each month as well....

Originally posted by johnnieo View Post
                    That was a great read Steel. Sounds like you have a great environment around you.
                    Thanks, yes, my environment IS pretty great! Except when I embarrass everyone when I'm eating my food or a shake out in public...My kids are like "Really dad?", and my wife is just begging me not to fart afterwards...lol
                    STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                      37. If you had to give up one electronic gadget, what would it be?

Cell phone, absolutely. They are the gateway device to the downfall of civilization. Cell phones have made nearly everyone in the world impatient for everything. Everything is at the touch of a phone these days, and that's not how life is supposed to be. That being said, yes I have one and rely on it heavily. I am so conflicted....lol
                      I agree... I sometimes wonder how it's going to be for my little boy when he grows up, with Skype, MSN Messenger, cell phones, Facebook and all this stuff. When I was in school, there were just land phones, and I've always thought it was great to be able to get in touch with girls my buddies and I were interested in only at certain times, if we found them home. That would also give us plenty of times to talk about those conversations and look for clues as to whether or not there was a chance this or that girl was interested in one of us, lol.

If we had been able to reach those girls 24/7, as everyone can today, I really think it would have taken away a lot of what was enjoyable about it... Plus, it could have driven those most impatient among us nuts. I really think it was way cooler to take it easier, as my friends and I did back some 15-20 years ago... That's my opinion.

Comment

I agree with that Daniel...like I said, I rely heavily on my phone, but I wish we could go back to a slower paced era. Too much convenience isn't always a good thing...
                        STEEL

Comment

Thanks for sharing man.

I'm guessing since your wife is terrible, you must be a dynamite cook?
                          TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Not a dynamite cook but I get by. I would love to be able to flavor things up, but I really have no knowledge when it comes to that stuff. I eat kinda plain stuff (which is why I have an interest in a recipes forum here) lol
                            STEEL

Comment

Daniel, that is an awesome post. I guess we are showing our age.

Steel, how do y'all handle cooking for the holidays?
                              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Working...
                              X