Need help and info on a Disney World Vacation in Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help and info on a Disney World Vacation in Orlando

I would post this on FB but I don't want my kids to see it.

I am looking for first-hand experience with Disney WORLD vacations in Orlando. My wife and I want to take our kids as a surprise on Christmas for 6 or 7 days and I don't know where to start. I have the DVD on it's way and I am sure that will provide a lot of information but I want to hear first-hand advice, as well.

The only things I know we want are:

We want all of the passes to all of the parks including universal, epcot, etc. and that is why we are doing it for a week.

We want at least a casual dining (not fast food) ticket so that we can get reduced prices on all meals.

We want to get a package deal for the hotel, flight, reduced food prices, etc..

We want to stay at the resort and I fully understand that this is going to be expensive.

Ideally I would like to stay at the Animal Kingdom but at least from my initial research, that would be about 14k and I don't want to spend that much, I don't think. However, I am not sure how good the economy hotels are at the resort and how the food is. I would think they are still good but if this is one of those once in a lifetime things for the kids and our family, I want to do it right and not short-change the experience.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Be sure to post your pic with Goofy.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Can't help you with those things. When I go down with my girlfriend (for the American Heart Association) my colleagues wife takes care of all that stuff for us.

If you want a fancy night out with the wife, check Charlies Steakhouse. Best steak I've ever had (they also have a 50 oz porterhouse...going to tackle that one this year!).

Also, around mid November, they have Mickey's Christmas party, with parades, fireworks, etc which the kids might really like. Not sure if that will work with you and your families schedule though.

Comment

The economy hotels run by Disney are not bad. They aren't fancy, but they are clean, well kept and have pools all around them. Each hotel has a theme and the rooms are decorated with that theme (rock and roll is one I think). They also have little fast food restaurants around the hotel if you don't mind paying 8 bucks for a hamburger, but hey it's Disney, that's how they roll. The nice hotels are great, but if you need to cut on expenses this would be my choice.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Skip, we just got back and stayed at the Boardwalk this go around. We've stayed at the Contemporary (Monorail passes through), Wilderness Lodge, places outside the park, etc. Our best experience was the Boardwalk. When you step out of your room, France at Epcot is just around the corner. It's a 5 min walk by foot. You can boat, bus, or walk to most parks. Every morning we'd grab breakfast from the Bakery (to go) and eat on the Boardwalk hassle free. I even befriended an old woman there who would custom make some items for me. In all, the best value and a nice retreat after a day in the parks. They have 3 pools, two are "quiet pools" and 1 large pool for the kids with a water slide. I'll post some pic's.
          2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
          2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
          2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
          2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
          2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
          2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
          1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
          1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Comment

Boardwalk
            Attached Files

Comment

$14k will go a long way to building my shop. I'll give you free oil changes for life
              Bryan

Colorado Patriot Guard Rider

Comment

How many days did you stay and was your airfare included in the price you paid? Can you PM me a ballpark price of what you paid to for your trip?

Skip
                Originally posted by ChuckaZulu View Post
                Skip, we just got back and stayed at the Boardwalk this go around. We've stayed at the Contemporary (Monorail passes through), Wilderness Lodge, places outside the park, etc. Our best experience was the Boardwalk. When you step out of your room, France at Epcot is just around the corner. It's a 5 min walk by foot. You can boat, bus, or walk to most parks. Every morning we'd grab breakfast from the Bakery (to go) and eat on the Boardwalk hassle free. I even befriended an old woman there who would custom make some items for me. In all, the best value and a nice retreat after a day in the parks. They have 3 pools, two are "quiet pools" and 1 large pool for the kids with a water slide. I'll post some pic's.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
                  $14k will go a long way to building my shop. I'll give you free oil changes for life
                  I keep reminding myself that it isn't about the money but ... you are right, that is a lot of money for a trip. It's just that my kids are at a point that they will not only have a blast but they will remember it for life.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    It's just that my kids are at a point that they will not only have a blast but they will remember it for life.

Skip
                    And that in itself mate is priceless. If you can afford it skip then go for it. As you said its one of them places where you want to do it all and ideally not worry too much about cost. Obviously within your budget.

I personally havent been but a good friend of mine has been 3 times from the uk and he stops in the All stars resorts and didnt have a bad word to say about the place. Well must be decent as he has gone back 3 times lol.

Animal kingdom looks out of this world and I would love to stop there when I go in 2013 if funds will allow but if not from what I have seen all the hotels in the parks are perfectly adequate and to be fair are jsut a place to sleep as you will be out pretty much the whole stay.

Comment

That last point is a good one. My wife tells me the same thing, too. Thanks.

Skip

Comment

Skip, I'm waiting for my wife to get home to give you the cost. We stayed 6 nights. My wife and I plus our 14 & 16 year olds. She negotiated the price for the room. Tell them it's your annaversary - anything to get them down. We flew Southwest out of Providence. We purchased the 5-day "Park Hopper" tickets at the hotel. They included Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. $5,800 for Air, Hotel, Passes, and food.

Comment

Good info. Thanks.

Was there anything you would change about that trip if you had to do it again?

When you say "food" was that all included or discounted food plan or what you paid out of pocket when you got there?

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                            The only things I know we want are:

We want all of the passes to all of the parks including universal, epcot, etc. and that is why we are doing it for a week.

You probably know this, but Universal is not part of Disney. I personally don't like Universal.

We want at least a casual dining (not fast food) ticket so that we can get reduced prices on all meals.

You can get a meal pass that allows you to eat unlimited meals throughout the parks. This past winter we went to Universal and had the passes. My son, his friend and I tried to eat at all the food locations on the map. We failed, but it was fun.

We want to get a package deal for the hotel, flight, reduced food prices, etc..

We want to stay at the resort and I fully understand that this is going to be expensive.

We've stayed at Disney a few times. Even the lower end hotels are nice. What stands out is the cleanliness.

Ideally I would like to stay at the Animal Kingdom but at least from my initial research, that would be about 14k and I don't want to spend that much, I don't think. However, I am not sure how good the economy hotels are at the resort and how the food is. I would think they are still good but if this is one of those once in a lifetime things for the kids and our family, I want to do it right and not short-change the experience.

Whether you spend 14k or half that, your kids are young and will have a blast. I always think of it like this... How much time will I be spending in the hotel? I'd rather be out and about.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Skip
                            Comments in red.
                            Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

I don't know if this helps or not but I have never been.

LOL. Great info here. Planning on making the trip in the next year or two. Gotta go at least once.

Comment

Working...
                              X