Athletic Backpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Backpacks

I'm shopping for a new backpack. It will mainly be used for school, but will most likely be used for the gym too. Does anyone have a brand and style they would recommend?

Originally posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm shopping for a new backpack. It will mainly be used for school, but will most likely be used for the gym too. Does anyone have a brand and style they would recommend?
    17 years ago, my old boss gave me and my girlfriend a Jansport backpack (each) for college (I worked retail in HS)...today, that same backpack is the one I take with me to the gym each day. That is its only use today...hold my gym stuff (belt, wraps, ipod, etc).

Damn Im getting old...but that thing has held up just fine. As for the girlfriend...shes now my ex-wife.

-slide
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I went to REI, think walmart of outdoors gear, and picked up one of their brand backpacks. It's something like a day pack and is the typical bookbag size. I used it for school for over 5 years in college. It's also been around the world with me (south america, europe, pacific islands) and my brother who I've loaned it to before. The thing is so sturdy. Not a single broken zipper or torn stitch. The fabric is ripstop so even if a hole ever tore into the fabric (i still have no holes), it wouldn't grow any larger. There are hideable hip pads and a belt for support if you do any light hiking. There's also an interior bag for holding a camel pack. The straps are ergonomically formed and there's pockets galore. Seriously one of my best investments.

:couch2: awesome smiley because I'm also sitting on a green couch chillin
      Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

I used one like this North Face bag (see link below) in school and still have it now. It worked fine for holding books and a computer and has been thrown around more times than I can count. When I wasn't using it for class I used it for lifting gear and has held up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Z754TS7B1WJ3PQ
        Last edited by mentalflex; 08-08-2011, 12:25 AM. Reason: edit link
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I was thinking about getting this Nike backpack:

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Ultimatum...2821376&sr=1-1

It's pretty big, has padded straps, and an insulated pocket for keeping a drink cold. Has anyone used this one?

Comment

u gotta go with what you're gonna like my man
            Last edited by odiE; 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar/Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by odiE View Post
              u gotta go with what your gonna like my man
              YOU'RE goddammit

YOUR is possesive

YOU'RE is YOU ARE

If you highlight the fucking word then at least get the word CORRECT.

Also this is a fantastic backpack: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64778...02234&moe=INIT
              I bought one and it's wonderful. Comfortable to wear with MASSIVE amounts of storage space.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                YOU'RE goddammit

YOUR is possesive

YOU'RE is YOU ARE

If you highlight the fucking word then at least get the word CORRECT.
                This sort of stuff bugs the crap out of me too. Though I usually suffer quietly when I see it, it's good to see that I'm not alone.

Comment

As for a backpack, my wife bought this one from Everest some 5 years ago:

http://www.ebags.com/product/everest...ponid=40959822

It's quite durable and roomy.

Comment

I've had my Jansport since 4th grade and I'm about to finish undergrad using the same backpack.

Comment

It's edited. Boy do I feel like a horse's patoot!

Comment

Originally posted by odiE View Post
                        It's edited. Boy do I feel like a horse's patoot!
                        I swear to God I love you now because you used "horse's patoot"

I'm not even kidding
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                          I've had my Jansport since 4th grade and I'm about to finish undergrad using the same backpack.
                          I've owned 2 Jansport backpacks, and the front pocket zipper broke on both of them. I'm going to need something more versatile because I have a long commute to school and will be away from home all day long. It will be used for school, workout, and carrying food/drinks (will bring a cooler for larger amounts of food) all in the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            I swear to God I love you now because you used "horse's patoot"

I'm not even kidding
                            I'm glad we're on better terms now! Just don't look into my journal. I have some more editing to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X