This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersize Me and Farenheit 9/11

Howdy Yáll . I just saw Supersize Me here in Brazil. Saw it last night. I also saw farenheit. My brother still lives in the US and we talk all the time so I know what he thinks. I was just wondering what yáll think about these two films. The reaction here to Farenheit was impressive, eevry showing was sold out and people clapped at teh end of every showing ! I went to school at MSU - Michigan State . I was really moved to tears by the portrayal of the situation there and by the tears of the mother who lost her son to the war.

Regarding Supersize Me ... well a lot of people here didnt even belive that something like teh Super Big Gulp could be real !

I am just wanting to hear what the thoughts of this community is on these two films and the issues that they surround.

Stay Hard and Get Huge !
    Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Mind boggling.

I love Mike Moore, his movies are great, asnd this one really hit me, im a Canadian and it bother the shit out of me!
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I liked Farhenheit 9/11. There was some information in there that was new to me and disturbing. But it was a one way message, so I knew that it was going to be highly skewed against Bush. But it was good. I haven't seen Supersize me yet, but have heard that it is great. MickyD's is reeling from it appartently and have gone on a marketing campaign to show off their healthier meals.

R

Comment

I think that what you seee of the US while you are immersed in it and what you see from abroad of the US from outside is what is mindboggling. ( The USA IS AWESOME -please let me be clear on this - it is a country unlike anyother ! ) I think that the person that is really aware of these issues and lives in the midst of them with this awareness is an amazing individual because it is to easy to just ignore these things. The person that actually takes a stand , well that person is truly the champion. I love reading Moores stuff, he asks only that people think for themselves and act accordingly. I am interested in seeing if his fame changes his way of doing anything. as far as I can tell right now he´s the real deal and really thinking of a common good as opposed to just his own opinion.
        Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

I've seen a thread very similiar to this spiral out of control already, so this is locked. Though you guys have kept it very respectful....so far.

winnie
          Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
          person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
          and in the right way, that is not easy.
          -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Originally posted by winnie
            I've seen a thread very similiar to this spiral out of control already, so this is locked. Though you guys have kept it very respectful....so far.

winnie
            That is only because I hadn't gotten here, yet. lol Nice to have admin powers to make the "lock" completely useless.

I won't get into it other than to say that the best lies are half truths.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

LOL...i am staying quite on this one...thread closed *again*
              Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
              person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
              and in the right way, that is not easy.
              -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Working...
              X