Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Winehouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14264245

Very good write up. Sad story of an amazing talent lost to addiction.
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Very sad story...and becoming all too common for sure.
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Sad yes. In some ways almost not surprising although I thought I remember reading somewhere in the media gossip world that she was in rehab?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
        Sad yes. In some ways almost not surprising although I thought I remember reading somewhere in the media gossip world that she was in rehab?
        Which time? I hate to say it, but there was really no hope for her. She was unrescuably in the throes of her disease. Addicts like her are in and out of rehab more times than you can count.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Again, 27.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...who_died_at_27

Comment

Tami said that she was at a family meeting the night before. She couldn't verify if accurate but possibly an intervention? Although the success rate is very poor people still try those things.
            International Elite Raw Powerlifter
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future View Post
              She couldn't verify if accurate but possibly an intervention? Although the success rate is very poor people still try those things.
              I agree, but when the family/friends have exhausted all other means, its worth a shot..as slim as it may be...some just have not hit rock bottom hard enough to throw in the towel..

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                I agree, but when the family/friends have exhausted all other means, its worth a shot..as slim as it may be...some just have not hit rock bottom hard enough to throw in the towel..
                And some (more than we'd like to admit) will never stop even when they do hit bottom.
                kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  And some (more than we'd like to admit) will never stop even when they do hit bottom.
                  They will stop...but it will be when they die..or hurt/kill someone and end up behind bars.

Comment

I guess not everyone has tiger blood.

Comment

PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. There are more important things to grieve over than some skanky meth-snorting songstress.
                        kind of a douche

Comment

I loved that back to black album.....played it nonstop for a while....sooooooooo talented, but that's how drug addicts lives usually end

Comment

The only reason this caught my attention is that Amy had a concert in my city (Belgrade, Serbia) just about a month ago. She stepped on stage druged to the gills, barely able to stand. The musicians from the band tried to encourage her to sing, so she got pissed, took her shoes off and threw them at her colleagues.

The fans were kinda stunned, and thought that maybe this just might be a part of the act, until they figured that the concert was actually over...

Amy took the full fee, ofcourse...

p.s. It's amazing how the pop and rock stars that have a declining career suddenly discover Serbia on the map and then come to perform. The only celebrity that came here while being on it's peak is Madonna...

...like we're at the edge of the world...

...hmm... which we probably are...

Comment

I'm with Redskull: I know it sounds mean but with the news in Norway the same day, I just don't care about someone that destroyed herself and it shouldn't even get a word of media attention when 84 (at last count) innocent children lost their lives to a fucking psycho.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X