my brother got an out of stateDUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brother got an out of stateDUI

My half brother is originally from PA, and has a license there (he says), and also one for maryland (he says) where he lives with my grandmother now.

He got a DUI in PA, and went to court and they put him in some special program that is very hard to get in (so he says) and he had to perform community service and pay some fines. He paid the fines but didnt do the service. Since then he has been pulled over in maryland for seatbelts and the police have said nothing about his license or a DUI.

Then this week he tells me the police show up at his stepdads place in PA to ask why he hasn't done his hours like he is supposed to.

My question is, if anyone knows, what the hell is going to happen to him? LOL. He seems to think he just can never drive in PA again. Will be be fine to drive in maryland and other states and get no penalties for getting a DUI since it is in PA (a common wealth state)?

I told them there might be a warrant for his arrest if police are looking for him, but I have no idea, i know nothing about DUIs just what he tells me.

I thought they were considered pretty serious under the law and he wouldnt be able to drive around in MD forever?

he will never be able to renew a DL in any state. if he gets pulled and they check out of state warrants, I think they can arrest him on the spot even though he was charged out of state. at that time, PA will probably be notified and he may be extradited for those charges. being pulled over and not arrested was probably luck due to administrative lag in processing his paperwork.

he should probably get a lawyer to try to weasel his way out of it. first time DUI is a misdemeanor w/o injury/property damage but since he didnt comply with his probation, existing penalties paid are probably forfeit and he will have to go back to court for probation violation at the very least

Comment

Do me a favor and beat the shit out of him, because he deserves it.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        Do me a favor and beat the shit out of him, because he deserves it.
        + 1

Sent from my DROIDX
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
          + 1

Sent from my DROIDX
          x2....tell him what a dumbass he is..
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Curious why he didn't do the community service and get it over with?
            Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Also having licenses from two states can be considered a felony. You must hand over your old license upon the approval of the new license.

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                Curious why he didn't do the community service and get it over with?
                Probably the same reason he got a DUI to begin with.

He's a fucking idiot.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  Probably the same reason he got a DUI to begin with.

He's a fucking idiot.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iVgdJri1Aw
                  Andrew_s

Comment

Working...
                  X