Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck! Gaspari is Distungtingly Narrow

http://www.bodybuilders.com/rich7.jpg

In this picture he's at his prime having trained hardcore and juiced for years and yet hes still narrow as fuck. And then there are guys like Dennis Wolf who would still be wide as a barndoor even if he never touched a weight.

But some guys have overcome their structural limitations, I've seen pics of Ronnie and Kai when they were in early 20's and they were narrow with short clavicles, ten years later boom theyre wide as hell with colossal ribcages, crazy delts and wide lats.

What is the reason as to why some bodybuilders like Ronnie and Kai can overcome their narrowness whereas others like Gaspari fail.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2...gkaigreene.jpg
    Last edited by GOTSPEED; 06-28-2011, 02:02 AM.

Genetics i believe.Flex Wheeler and Phil Heath also are both narrow with short clavicles but with Kai and Ronnie they all were blessed with extreme genetics ,full muscle bellies ,great muscle insertions and immense response to gear.I don't think that Gaspari was that lucky in terms of genetics and ability to build a comic book superhero physique.Just my 2 cents.

Comment

"Distungtingly ?":tsk:

yes he was challenged by narrow shoulders.. but he was one of my all time favorite.

look at him next to Haney , taking second place at 87. at 24 years old.
      Attached Files
      "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
      J.M.

Comment

The younger kids don't always give the respect to the veterans of yesterday that they deserve. It reminds me of kids saying that Kobe is as good as Jordan. lol Yeah, right.

Structurally, he was relatively narrow but he was a badass and I consider him a legend as I think most do that have spent years in the sport. I would take most of the physiques from the 80s and 90s over the physiques of today, for sure, but that is just me.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          The younger kids don't always give the respect to the veterans of yesterday that they deserve. It reminds me of kids saying that Kobe is as good as Jordan. lol Yeah, right.

Structurally, he was relatively narrow but he was a badass and I consider him a legend as I think most do that have spent years in the sport. I would take most of the physiques from the 80s and 90s over the physiques of today, for sure, but that is just me.

Skip
          I agree... Some 20 years ago, when I started hitting the weights for the first time, posters of Haney, Gaspari, Tom Platz, Mike Christian and Samir Bannout were all over the walls of the gym where I trained... And even if very few among us back then could even dream of eating and training like them, their methods and physiques set standards and were used as reference by pretty much everyone hitting the weights with devotion and dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
            taking second place at 87.
            I think he should have won that year.

he was a badass and I consider him a legend as I think most do that have spent years in the sport. I would take most of the physiques from the 80s and 90s over the physiques of today, for sure, but that is just me.
            Yep.

x2.

Comment

Originally posted by GOTSPEED View Post
              http://www.bodybuilders.com/rich7.jpg

In this picture he's at his prime having trained hardcore and juiced for years and yet hes still narrow as fuck. And then there are guys like Dennis Wolf who would still be wide as a barndoor even if he never touched a weight.

But some guys have overcome their structural limitations, I've seen pics of Ronnie and Kai when they were in early 20's and they were narrow with short clavicles, ten years later boom theyre wide as hell with colossal ribcages, crazy delts and wide lats.

What is the reason as to why some bodybuilders like Ronnie and Kai can overcome their narrowness whereas others like Gaspari fail.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2...gkaigreene.jpg
              That probably has more to do with rampant HGH use and less with training.
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Yeah... I'm having a hard time thinking of Gaspari as narrow. He's definitely not narrow in any of those pictures. Comparatively? yeah, okay, but "disgustingly narrow" seems pretty out there.
                Unless "distungtingly" is actually some word I don't recognize that expresses negation or reverse intention.
                This is an Irony Point- ؟
                An Irony Point is a punctuation mark denoting that a sentence should be understood as ironic or sarcastic.

"When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large"- Gaston.

Comment

Skip
                  Agree with the 80-90s remark. Seemed like national shows were deeper as well. I truly believe thw norm today is more about drug use than hard training.
                  International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                  Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by PatientOne View Post
                    Yeah... I'm having a hard time thinking of Gaspari as narrow. He's definitely not narrow in any of those pictures. Comparatively? yeah, okay, but "disgustingly narrow" seems pretty out there.
                    Unless "distungtingly" is actually some word I don't recognize that expresses negation or reverse intention.
                    He is also much shorter.
                    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

he was at the fitness expo last month, i think you need to see him in person before you say he is narrow lol.

Comment

A few things I would note here. One, the sport has evolved, just like any other. Two, Rich was never a monster compared to his peers. He was 5'9" and competed around 215-225. And, when you reference genetics, there's more than one way to look at that. I remember reading an article of his, when he first started weight training he gained like 70 pounds in his first year! Although he may not have had the widest shoulders, he had an incredible gifted set of genetics. He is hardly small by anyone's criteria and he is incredibly balanced and detailed in his physique. Finally, I remember hearing a story about a younger amateur national level bodybuilder meeting Rich at the gym for the first time, forgot who it was now. But, he thought Rich looked small and felt really good about himself. Then Rich took off shirt and he realized the difference between a pro and a national level amateur. Despite being larger than Rich, the difference between their physiques was huge and he couldn't believe the detail, separation, etc in Rich's physique.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Future View Post
                          Agree with the 80-90s remark. Seemed like national shows were deeper as well. I truly believe thw norm today is more about drug use than hard training.
                          This!! i hate to say it but its true..the guys from the 70's-90's trained harder..gaspari was an animal, platz, Mike Francois, Ronnie Coleman, Dorian of course etc etc etc...those guys kicked ass in the gym i mean all the guys back then did...think about it now and no disrespect but who do you see in these training videos really really bringing it?? Branch, Kai, Centopani ...thats all i can really think of off the top of my head

but forget about training intensity...the level of conditioning is not where it was 15 yrs ago...and im not saying they should be trying to kill them selves like Munzer and Momo Benaziza..but the mentality is big big big, come in full come in full and they dont allow themselves to get in real top shape..the obsession is with being full...they see the scale go down and they get scared

Comment

I think pro bodybuilding just sort of went downhill during the 90s.
                            I'd much rather look like this:

Instead of like this:

Last edited by Carlito Gambino; 06-28-2011, 03:55 PM.
                            Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Gaspari was 1 of those guys that set new standards in the sport for everyone else to follow. He brought to the table a level of hardness and conditioning rarely if ever seen before.
                              -KidRok-
                              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Working...
                              X