Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Wendler Quote

"Judge yourself by what you have done, not how you look"

Ive kinda started thinking this way lately. Not worrying so much of how the mirror makes me look but how my log looks and how i feel about myself.

• Vibram “Shoes” – Not only are they ugly (remind me of Adam Sandler’s frostbitten foot in the movie Mr. Deeds) and Jason Pegg wears them (a sure reason they suck) but the Vibram craze is going the same way as the Swiss Ball, vibration training and the mysteries of muscle confusion. Barefoot training is a great idea until you actually hang around a weight room and lift and drop weights that are slightly bigger than the 2.5lbs plates you are clanging on the bar.

When I read this I busted out laughing, couldn't help but think about the poser wannabe bodybuilder type walking with his shoulders back chest out, all I've ever seen from him is half reps on everything from presses to lateral raises. It's true real weight bangers have heavy duty shoes, chucks atleast have a thicker rubber toe that sctually protected my toes after tripping up on plates some people left lying around. Look at the old Westside Barbell deadlift/bench secret videos, all you will see is heavy duty turf football trainers, basketball shoes, etc. Leave the finger shoes and socks to the women and soft types! Lol
    2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
    2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
    2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
    2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
    2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
    MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

Originally posted by MPC5000WATTS View Post
      • Vibram “Shoes” – Not only are they ugly (remind me of Adam Sandler’s frostbitten foot in the movie Mr. Deeds) and Jason Pegg wears them (a sure reason they suck) but the Vibram craze is going the same way as the Swiss Ball, vibration training and the mysteries of muscle confusion. Barefoot training is a great idea until you actually hang around a weight room and lift and drop weights that are slightly bigger than the 2.5lbs plates you are clanging on the bar.

When I read this I busted out laughing, couldn't help but think about the poser wannabe bodybuilder type walking with his shoulders back chest out, all I've ever seen from him is half reps on everything from presses to lateral raises. It's true real weight bangers have heavy duty shoes, chucks atleast have a thicker rubber toe that sctually protected my toes after tripping up on plates some people left lying around. Look at the old Westside Barbell deadlift/bench secret videos, all you will see is heavy duty turf football trainers, basketball shoes, etc. Leave the finger shoes and socks to the women and soft types! Lol
      Just wait until Dusty hears this...
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Wendler is a powerlifter and this is a thread on his quotes, I agree with what he said and I stand behind my opinion. If a guy shows up to a meet and kills my total by 100 pounds while wearing those, I'll retire! I feel confident saying that bc powerlifters don't wear vibrams and some one would be focused on me to try to wear those and kill me; thus giving me the advantage bc in this sport you have to beat yourself first

Comment

*Dusty, Ben Pakulski, and Jeff Long step in the room*...

everyone backs away slowly.

Just bustin' chops, mang. To each their own.
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

"Everyone pulls with a rounded back, except weak people"

Comment

“I’m going to have to give you some Tough Lust here (no lube or spit). First, I need for you to re-read this article, especially this part:

“Where performance and kicking ass are more important than how you look. Where people eat to live, not live to eat. Where trucks are pushed and sleds are pulled. Where reps and weight are counted, calories are not. Where running isn’t “cardio, it’s part of training and if you’re going to walk for your conditioning you best have something on your back or in your hands”

You admit that you are not strong enough (many of us feel this way but understand that it is an ongoing process and that THIS process is important). But please DO NOT be that guy who talks about where he holds his fat or how his legs or “obliques” are fattier than they should be. Where has our gender gone?

What I would prescribe for you is to get rid of all these silly, pathetic and disgusting notions of what you think a man should look like and start over. I’m going to give everyone a huge hint here: no one gives a shit what you look like. Now I’m not saying being a fat slob doesn’t raise some eyebrows in disgust, but if you kick as much ass as possible in the weight room and conditioning field AND start OWNING the fuck out of your given “sport” (you better start competing and making your training count), you will not only LOOK better but you will feel better. People are not attracted to vanity – they are attracted to confidence and passion. No one owns a room by the way they look; it’s how they carry themselves.

There is so much more to this, but PLEASE don’t talk about your love handles. Talk about your passions in life, talk about how youâ??ve moved boulders, talk about the books you’ve read, talk about the world’s you’ve changed. You have the passion for training, start making this shit count.

I know this is probably way off topic then what you wanted but I’m trying hard to get rid of all this bullshit that is plaguing SO MANY men, young men and boys. So in conclusion, I recommend this:

1. Stretch 2. Lift 3. Sprint

Do this all the time – no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker. Don’t be that guy that takes shirtless photos of himself so other men can drool on them. That shit is a disgrace to every man that has done anything awesome in his life – while they were busy “doing” these shirtless ‘tards were busy trying to look the part. Get off the bench and get on the field. ”

- Jim Wendler
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino
                Don’t be that guy that takes shirtless photos of himself so other men can drool on them.

Lots of denial and general overrating of how deep most women are here... LOL
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Wendler got some great and some really stupid quotes. It's hit or miss with the guy.
                  "If you are the guy on the drive home from work or school thinking
                  "oh man leg day is in 2 days, I'm already starting to get nervous but I can't wait!".....
                  then welcome to DC training."

Comment

I know a pretty nice guy who just wore some vibrams and hit a pretty big total, Who cares what you wear? It's what you lift, not how you look doing it!
                    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

How do you know he is not a "wannabe powerlifter type"?
                      2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                      2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                      2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                      2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                      2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                      2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                      *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                      88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                      88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
                        How do you know he is not a "wannabe powerlifter type"?
                        Cause powerlifters do the powerlifts, we don't curl in squat racks, nor wear cutoff shirts so we can look at ourselves as we avoid assistance moves
                        that boost our powerlift totals. I wasn't attempting to start a debate w bodybuilders as I know we share this great site, hell if I see a poser powerlifter I'll call him out aswell.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, would hate to get the two mixed up...
                          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

As I was putting on my vibrams to go to the gym I was complaining to my wife that my cut off shirts showed my love handles too much...and she agreed

Comment

youve been a member for a year with 8 posts lilman and you come up with that gem^^^ on this thread???? hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X