Clippers or razor for body hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers or razor for body hair?

Those that shave what do you use? I'm not Sammich hairy but do feel much cooler without body hair starting this time of year. But I hate the way i full body sweat from open pores the day I shave and the prickly's I get the day after. Not sure if a good no guard clipper would get close enough though and then I'd probably need to do it more than once a week...
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

I use a venus womens razor for my stomach, arm pits, and my wife does my back with it. I find that womens razors work the best. I also have a similar back shaver to what sammich bought on his journal thread... and that works pretty well if you don't have someone to do your back for you.
    -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
    -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
    198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
    -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
    198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
    -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
    198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Gilette Mach 3 in the shower.

I only do the torso area and down to the legs.
      "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

I use a Gilette Fusion Razor (5 blades), but I only do my Torso. If you are doing everything from head to toe, it might be a time saver to just use clippers.
        "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

I'm a hair removing cream man.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

Originally posted by strewwwth View Post
            I'm a hair removing cream man.
            I tried this a few times and didn;t like it at all. first of all, the smell alone is enough to turn me off. Beyond that, I have pretty thick body hair and it would turn out spotty...remove the hair in some spots and only partly in others. Plus the fact that if you have sensitive skin or leave it on even a little too long it burns the hell out of you.
            "no bulking, no cutting, no bullshit. Just training for being a motherfucker" -- Jim Wendler

"No fucking lifter is hardcore. Hardcore is taking shrapnel in the ass fighting for your country. We're lifting weights." -- Dave Tate

Check out my Journal

Comment

I use clippers, but then again I only shave my armpits and dick/balls/ass. I don't like being hairless all over. Would feel very weird not to have any chest or stomach hair.
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Ok, the maestro will now speak. I use a "Mangroomer Professional" on the impossible to reach places on my back, and I just use a Gilette Fusion MachWhatever on my shoulders and upper back. It'll be super-irritated the first few times you do it, but then your skin will adjust and it'll be fine. I shave before I get in the shower, so that I can wash off the shave gel to minimize irritation. It works well for me.

Don't discount the electric trimmers. A good pair will get a close cut, and you won't have to worry about the irritation that a razor can give. I highly recommend the "Mangroomer" product that I use. It's very powerful and well-built, and the battery is good as well.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

If youre real hairy, use the clippers first to get it down to a managable level. Then, I use the Phillips BodyGroom for all my manscaping needs. I hate hair...

-slide
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

If you want to never have to worry about skin irritation from razors again, spend a few years using lava soap. After doing this in college for a few years, I can not dry shave with the cheap one blade razors & not get irritated.
                    FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

I usually let it grow out during the winter and then start shaving again in the spring. I just seem to be getting more irritation this year than I remember before. I use the same Fusion that I use on my head and face.

I usually shave during/after I shower. Maybe I'll try before like Sammich said.
                      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I just use clippers. So much less time spent doing everything head to toe. Plus, no irritation to worry about. If you have a good electric shaver for your face, it will probably have a beard tool attachment...I use that...get's really close. Almost looks like you shave with a razor if you have a good one.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                        -1st Heavyweight Gi
                        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Anytime I use shaving cream and a razor i get REALLY bad razor burn. I just use hair buzzer/clipper with no attachment from head to toe and it gets pretty close. Then for my chest and stomach I use nair for men, which works GREAT. It gets razor close and no burn at all

Comment

Bodygroom for me... Tried shaving and way too much irritation and ingrowns afterwards... waxing is even worse!

Comment

Back, Traps, Shoulders - Mangroomer
                              Everywhere else - Philips electric razor and/or Gillete Fusion

Comment

Working...
                              X