the war on terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the war on terror

something to think about: we finally killed the supposed figurehead of terrorism but lets look at the count over the last ten years. we lost the world trade center,casualties on our soil, a ten year war in afghanistan, an 8 year war and occupancy in iraq that has costed us 3 trillion and counting, the cost of housing "suspects" and other "threats" in guatanamo bay and other prison camps, we have security out the ass at airports, our whole way of traveling and life has changed. we popped one guy whos going to be replaced by another extremist who can hold him up like a martyr. i think its time to come to grips with the fact that we're losing. the whole purpose of terrorist isnt to win a war or overtake our country it was to change our way of life and that was done a long time ago.

I don't have time to write too much since I should be studying, but I recommend this great video.

[youtube]WWUQ_N_vHc0[/youtube]

Comment

The idiots in that video and their opinions are outnumbered in the US military thousands to one.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
        The idiots in that video and their opinions are outnumbered in the US military thousands to one.
        Well, in 2007 in the republican primary there was only 1 anti-war candidate. That candidate received more donations from active-duty military than all of the other candidates COMBINED.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

yeah all the ones i know and that came back were just falling all over each other and dying to get back. my point wasnt really an anti iraq war thread it was more of how much more money do we spend to fight an opponent that we cant beat or that in actuality has already won.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            Well, in 2007 in the republican primary there was only 1 anti-war candidate. That candidate received more donations from active-duty military than all of the other candidates COMBINED.
            Obviously, the flaw there is that only those that listed their military organization would have been counted. Which, of course means those that did not list military affiliation would not have been counted (toward any statistics).

Regardless...I still think thats ironic.

-slide
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I wouldn't say it's hard to believe that the military hates the current wars right now as much as the rest of America.. It's something like 70% of Americans want out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think many guys are really gung-ho to go over to Afghanistan and risk their lives.

www.316fit.com

Comment

It makes me think....

What if that was Al Qaeda's plan all along.... to get us into "war" and drain our resources...

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
                  It makes me think....

What if that was Al Qaeda's plan all along.... to get us into "war" and drain our resources...

LOL, you don't have to wonder.. Bin Laden himself has admitted to his goal being to crash our economy and bankrupt us.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Wow, the video of the Vets against the War (or whatever) reminds me of Kerry and his ilk while I was off shore of Vietnam. So impressed. Remember SDS? Few do.
                    FWIW, the shooters I worked with weren't against the war, look at the Marine who got shot in the head by a sniper and wanted to get back to his guys on the front lines. That's the real story. If so many soldiers/sailors/Marines are against the war, why are so many enlisting and reenlisting? Curious.
                    Going deep.

Comment

Hey what do I know. It's not like I was there...
                      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Let's look at it this way. Even if all the soldiers are FOR the war... What would it matter? Do we take our orders from the Military, or do we take our orders from Congress?

I have friends that went into the military hoping to go into war and hoping to kill some arabs. Does that mean they have the best interests for America in mind, or just their own adventure?

I've always wondered why people ask "have you asked our soldiers what they think? If they want to come home or if they want TO WIN THIS WAR?!?!?"... honestly it doesn't really matter what the soldiers think - even if it is for or against the war. I think this video is just showing that you can be a veteran, and be against the war.

www.316fit.com

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
                          It makes me think....

what do you think their goal was? a hostile takeover of the us? to come over our shores and run our country or destroy all of us? no it was to disrupt our whole way of life, to keep us in fear, to drain our resources. and as far as the military being for the war, the only guys ive ever talked to who are gung ho about going over there are the ones right out of boot camp with a head full of fresh brain washing. most that spend some time over there and see the shit they see arent too big on going back. and even if they were for or against it what does it matter. theyre just there doing their job, like one of my marine friends said "they tell us dont ask any questions". you can agree or disagree you still have to go. being against the war doesnt mean youre against the military, it just means that youre against more americans having to die for nothing.

Comment

"I have friends that went into the military hoping to go into war and hoping to kill some arabs. Does that mean they have the best interests for America in mind, or just their own adventure?"

and that right there is why we can never beat them. our people join the military for a career, college money, benefits, or a sense of adventure. there people join al queada and other organizations because they believe theyll get to heaven. their convictions are stronger than we can imagine, they deeply believe that what theyre doing is right and are happy to die for that. as a whole the only thing our american society is willing to die and kill for is money, we dont believe in anything with that much conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by sloowdown View Post
                              and that right there is why we can never beat them. our people join the military for a career, college money, benefits, or a sense of adventure. there people join al queada and other organizations because they believe theyll get to heaven. their convictions are stronger than we can imagine, they deeply believe that what theyre doing is right and are happy to die for that. as a whole the only thing our american society is willing to die and kill for is money, we dont believe in anything with that much conviction.
                              They do have zeal that our soldiers don't have, but I don't think thats the reason America is losing this "war." Part of the reason there is no victory is because there's not really a war. There have been missions, oppcupations and what not, but America has not gone to war in quite a while. By war I mean a full scale elimination of the enemy. I'm not gonna debate what the reasons are, but America is trying to go about this "cleanly" without having any collateral damage, and war doesn't work like that. There's also the issue that most wars against an enemy have a geographical target area. You can go to war against Russia, Germany, North Korea, Iraq, Iran, etc, because you can go after the country. Here they're going after a group dispersed all through the globe; it's near impossible to stop. There's obviously more to it, but those are two huge reasons why this so-called war is going nowhere, IMO.
                              Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                              X