Cell Phones and working out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phones and working out!

So it's been a while since I've been at the gym on a regular basis due to many factors that aren't important to this post. Since I've been back these last 7 weeks or so I have noticed that cell phones and working out have become as routine as a log book. I can see using an iphone as an ipod and even as a log book (several apps put there now).

What I can not figure out is how in the hell can these folks work out and talk on the damn phone at the same time!! I saw a guy yesterday doing abs and talking on the damn phone!:Phone: Someone else stopped their set to answer a call! Geez!

Anyone else see this?

Joe
    Joe

Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

At my gym people keep their bluetooth headsets in so that they can concentrate on the weight while they chat.

Comment

My droid is my log book if I'm not too shaky to type.
      Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
      "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
      -the management"
      "Any action without purpose is meaningless."

Comment

not trying to sound like a dick, but i see people do stupid shit all the time in the gym. the way i see it, who gives a fuck what someone else is doing, unless it's unsafe of course. but it's not going to go away unfortunatley.
        2009- Muscle Mayhem 2nd place lightweights
        2009- Mo State Champ 1st place lightweights
        2010- Muscle Mayhem 9th place middleweights

next show
        2012- Mo State Championships middleweight

Official NANBF Judge

Comment

They may not be as hardcore as you are. They may just be there to stay in decent shape to look good for going out to parties and the clubs. That probably means their main focus is social interaction. Talking on a phone is probably more important to them than the gym, the gym is just a means to increase the way they look to other people at the bar.

You obviously have different goals than them, so who cares?
          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
          www.316fit.com
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            They may not be as hardcore as you are. They may just be there to stay in decent shape to look good for going out to parties and the clubs. That probably means their main focus is social interaction. Talking on a phone is probably more important to them than the gym, the gym is just a means to increase the way they look to other people at the bar.

You obviously have different goals than them, so who cares?
            This. I don't pay any attention to what anyone else is doing at the gym.*

*That may be because there's almost never anyone there when I go.

Comment

The only time it becomes an issue is when they are sitting on a piece of equipment I need and they are just talking on the phone. Drives me bonkers!
              ...playing Bingo at the Senior Center :shocked:

Comment

Originally posted by Agi View Post
                The only time it becomes an issue is when they are sitting on a piece of equipment I need and they are just talking on the phone. Drives me bonkers!
                I agree with that, but at 3am that is never an issue :-)
                Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I have my phone on me in the gym. It is my log book and, with my job, I need to answer a call immediately if I get one. I am essentially on-call 24/7, and probably have to stop what I am doing to take a call 30% of the time. It gets annoying, but it's part of life. I am certainly not one of those ass hats who sits on the bench or machine and talks though, I go to the nearest corner and talk as quietly as possible.

You know what I HATE in the gym? Two things.

One, fucksticks who feel the need to sing along with their music and do a little dance. (Especially when they are gay. I am in no way prejudiced, but a bubbly, flamboyantly gay male singing along to Ricky Martin, or whatever it is, is 1000 times more distracting that a guy who is mumbling a little disturbed before his squats.)
                  The second is trainers who feel the need to yell really loudly when trying to motivate their clients, so everyone in the gym knows how hard they are pushing them. Then while the fucking client is in the middle of the set, the trainer is checking themselves out in the mirror.
                  Oh, and a third thing. Fat people giving out nutritional advice and telling me I need to do higher volume because it works better. That's why all the pros use it and why he is able to stay at 300lbs of solid muscle (regardless of the fact that he is 37% bf)!
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Well my cell phone is my MP3 player as well as my logbook, plus it's good to have it on me in case someone needs me (emergencies, for instance).
                    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                      I agree with that, but at 3am that is never an issue :-)
                      Why on earth do you train at 3 AM? Working early?

Btw, looks like it's San Diego in August!

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                        Why on earth do you train at 3 AM? Working early?

Btw, looks like it's San Diego in August!
                        Been doing it at that time for 12 years now..It's the best time of the day for us. Get done, prep food for the day, lolly gag a little, work from home, hit the street just depends.
                        and yes, we've had a nice run on the temps this week :-)

Comment

Been doing it at that time for 12 years now..It's the best time of the day for us. Get done, prep food for the day, lolly gag a little, work from home, hit the street just depends.
                          how many hours of sleep do you get a night? though i no longer have the discipline to do it, i used to get up at 4am you can get a lot of shit done in a day when you start that early.
                          Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

Sounds nice, the last(hopefully) snow just left this week lol

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                              how many hours of sleep do you get a night? though i no longer have the discipline to do it, i used to get up at 4am you can get a lot of shit done in a day when you start that early.
                              Usually 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I just can't sleep anymore than that. Lots of time I wake up 10 minutes before the alarm and that goes off at 2:30..

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                              Sounds nice, the last(hopefully) snow just left this week lol
                              lol, hopefully? should be the end soon eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X