plastics and pesticides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastics and pesticides

So, we all pretty much know that their have been study's linking the drinking out of plastic containers to chemicals that increase estrogen. Also, that the pesticides used on vegetables and fruits can supposedly increase estrogen as well. My question to anyone who has done some research on this topic or knows a bit about it is, how much estrogen are we talking here? If someone only drinks out of plastic containers and eats lots of fruit and veg with pesticides how much do you think estrogen would increase? 5%, 10% 20%?

Lastly how long does the liquid have to be in a plastic container for it to have these chemicals leeched into the water?

anyone who can point me to a article or has some experience on the topic id appreciate your input.
    The only easy day is yesterday

Well, I'll put it this way, it's going to vary greatly from person to person. Research has shown the ability for the liver to detox varies A LOT inidividually. The ability to detoxify a certain chemical from person to person varies A LOT!

There's a lot more to it than that. Consult "Detox Diets for Dummies," "Detoxify or Die" by Dr. Sherry Rodgers or "Living in a toxic world" by Dr. Mark Schauss. Diet will make a large impact, so will where you live will also. For instnace, females babies in Puerto Rico have had pubic age by the age of 2. My cousin had pubic hair by the age of 5 or 6. Cases of 9 year old girls that have gotten pregnant. Est related diseases (and many others) have dramatically been on the rise. The evidence is there, too much sadly

But yes, you are correct, many of these toxins we are exposed to mimic estrogen and take it for what its worth Dr Schauss has made a large link between the amount of plasticizers in young males with low test. Consult those books though as it will give you a LOT of info, what nutrients are involved in phase I and phase II detox and how to limit your exposure

Comment

very helpful, thanks for the info.
      The only easy day is yesterday

Comment

I don't know a ahwole lot about this. Really only what I've read here...It's just one of those things that I have "chosen" not to worry about, with all the other things that I need to worry about in my life...That being said, the water bottle thing that has been popping up as of late has caught my interest...Would drinking water from a BPA free jug help?
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
          I don't know a ahwole lot about this. Really only what I've read here...It's just one of those things that I have "chosen" not to worry about, with all the other things that I need to worry about in my life...That being said, the water bottle thing that has been popping up as of late has caught my interest...Would drinking water from a BPA free jug help?
          I don't blame you, so many other things

Yes @ the BPA thing, that will help, but I believe glass is best. I have a BPA free aluminum jug but at the end of the stay I taste the alumnimum which is also a toxin when consumed. There are many different types of plasticizers used, not just BPA. And unfortunately, there's more than just plastics. If you buy all glass containers for all your food storage, and for you water, its just one way to limit your exposure to toxins that's not too hard. The funny thing about plastic water bottles is that many of them are no better off t han your tap water and the bonus is you get the plastics --which have also been linked to insulin resistance, notjust estro problems

Ultimately though, a really good diet with a quality multi and quality mineral will help out a lot. So will regular use of the sauna (as long as you make an effort to replenish the minerals you use). Sweating is one of the best ways to detox, its about 1/3 as powerful as your kidneys according to Dr. Wootan.

I believe a water filter like a Brita will help limit your toxins also. I checked the pH of my tap water and it was around 6.6 (acidic). Water should be neutral at 7, so when I ran it through my filter it ended up being 7 which I feel better about.

Lastly the other simple detox method is through supplements is 300mg of Lipoic Acid and 500mg of VitC 2-3x a day. It has the ability to get rid of heavy metals too. It is SUPPOSED to have glutathione in it also, but unless you get it through iV, its so hard to absorb. The better option is to get a quality whey which gives your body the building blocks to make glutathione which is a major antioxidant and heavily involved in phase II detox. the R form of ala is best and according to dr rogers is going to help get the plastics out

Comment

Working...
          X