Lip piercing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip piercing

Our 17 yr old son wants to get his bottom lip pierced. KR isn't too sure about this. I decided to get some other opinions.

Now he says, "I don't want to pierce the bottom middle, I want to do it on the left side."

Whatcha think?
    Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
    Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
    www.TrueProtein.com
    *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Nope, you live in my house its my rules sorry...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
      Same here. We have daughters, not sons. TLM and I both have tattoos and we often get asked "What are you going to do if one of your daughters wants to get a tattoo?" with a bunch of attitude laced into the question.

My reply: If I had a problem with tattoos, I wouldn't have any. If one of my daughters wants a tattoo they have to be (a) at least 18 years old and (b)completely financially on their own. If my money is still supporting them in any way, they aren't going to be spending any of their own on tattoos or out-of-the-norm piercings.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Exactly my thoughts...My house, my rules....No compromising!! No way, no how!

( I tries not to sugar coat it)
        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I was sort of booted out of my house at 13, so I grew up quick and I lived with another family and I respected their house and their rules, so I would expect the same from my little bodybuilders when I have them...
          "That damn log book"

Comment

Wow.......you guys are tuff!

Since we have tatoos & piercings, we cannot tell our children no way. Two of the boys have tatoos --- we paid for them as birthday presents. This one wanted a tatoo for his b-day but they changed the law. He has to wait till next year now.

How can you be a do as i say, not as i do type of person?
            www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok's Lady
              Wow.......you guys are tuff!

Since we have tatoos & piercings, we cannot tell our children no way. Two of the boys have tatoos --- we paid for them as birthday presents. This one wanted a tatoo for his b-day but they changed the law. He has to wait till next year now.

How can you be a do as i say, not as i do type of person?
              KRL, You have every right to say no way, for now, because you are their parents. They are your responsibility until they are adults. My daughters can have tattoos. I have no say so over whether or not they are going to get one or many. But I do have say so as to when. They have to be adults, plain and simple. Adult = at least 18 years old and financially responsible for themselves. My reasoning is you should be an adult before you make a decision about something that permanent. I don't want them getting tattoos at 16 or 17 and then regretting it later. I don't want them getting one because they think it's cool. I got all of mine while I was an adult and I'll never regret them because each of them represents something very important to me.
              CrossFit Champions
              Champions Combat Arts

Comment

KRL,
                Were you asking for opinions on whether or not your son should get the lip piercing in the middle or the side...or whether or not ya'll should let him at all?
                I was assuming the latter.
                I really didn't mean to step on your toes, if I did.
                CrossFit Champions
                Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I agree with the Munster 100%, and yes you do as I say not as I do, hell I smoked pot at 13 am I going to tell my kids no way, god damn right no way...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by The Munster
                    KRL,
                    Were you asking for opinions on whether or not your son should get the lip piercing in the middle or the side...or whether or not ya'll should let him at all?
                    I was assuming the latter.
                    I really didn't mean to step on your toes, if I did.

Oh......no, no, no stepping on anything here! I asked for opinions on all of the above and then some. I just wonder if we're (or I ) are missing something.
                    But I agree that it is something that needs to be thought over a lot.

I see too many people getting these little tats or piercings because it's "in"...and they are Uggggg-ly! LOL

Understand one thing about me......I ask questions to find out what others think. I like discussions. I'm not about to ask for your opinion & then get mad when you give it to me. That would be just silly.
                    www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

I agree with the Munster 100%, and yes you do as I say not as I do, hell I smoked pot at 13 am I going to tell my kids no way, god damn right no way...

Well, that's different!
                      www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

Well, that's different!
                        Ok bottom line here, what did you know at 18?, if you look back on it now you would not do half the stuff you did then huh...
                        "That damn log book"

Comment

Ok bottom line here, what did you know at 18?, if you look back on it now you would not do half the stuff you did then huh...
                          oh man........lol
                          -KidRok-
                          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Do you want to know me & my situation at 18 - 19 - 20 yrs old? Or was that a thetorical question?
                            www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

Oh......no, no, no stepping on anything here! I asked for opinions on all of the above and then some. I just wonder if we're (or I ) are missing something.
                              But I agree that it is something that needs to be thought over a lot.

I see too many people getting these little tats or piercings because it's "in"...and they are Uggggg-ly! LOL

Understand one thing about me......I ask questions to find out what others think. I like discussions. I'm not about to ask for your opinion & then get mad when you give it to me. That would be just silly.
                              OK cool. And kids doing things that are "in" is exactly what I want to help my girls avoid. Piercings is one thing because you can always take it out (after the appropriate amount of time keeping it in after the initial piercing) if you need to but tattoos??? I love mine and I don't care if my girls get some, but they have to be adults, bottom line. I think if you and KR are OK with the piercing, then it's OK for him to get it. It's your house, your rules and your kids.
                              CrossFit Champions
                              Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Working...
                              X