Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WF seeks writing coach

So yah--

I was told that i come off sounding like a truck-driver online. I thought that was pretty funny because i do talk w/a soft voice, and i avoid real-life confrontations unless they are w/my close friends. bwahaha!!

Can anybody give me advice on how to soften my online image?? If u get too critical..... i will :chair: :kick: :Punch:

LMAO.... ok

I find that when i talk online, it's like i'm really talking. I sit here and actually talk outloud while i'm typing. i can type pretty fast, so it's easy for me. I consider talking online like having a conversation. You still have to be yourself & use the slang you would normally use. I've seen some online/e-mail etiquite (sp?) articles before. Maybe do a google search on it. But honestly, I think you're fine.
    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

the rest of us are too scared to respond!

-KidRok-
      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

seriously, I've never seen where you've been TOO awful bad. Maybe some people are overly sensitive?
        -KidRok-

Comment

Fancy....when you get ready to park that Kenworth we can talk about it, lol.

And keep that Mike Tyson uppercut you are packing at home he he.

I find that using cyber slang at the end of sentances like lol, lmao, etc, or a good hearted emoticon usually keeps things on the lighter side.

Guess it is hard for some to guage the context of writing on the net.

I am willing to coach you if you help me train legs! rofl!
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I bet that came from a board that I don't like too much.

Did it? Huh? Am I right? Eh?
            Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
            Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
            www.TrueProtein.com
            *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Fancy,

With that scary avatar of yours I can see why folks might seem threatened. lol.

Ok. I'd think a bit serious, but not threatening or angry or what have you. Like AI said, I type like I talk and try to throw in the slang 'cause I would never in real life say because unless I'm tellin' the kids "Because I said so!" :p (Ok, in instances where it is required that I be more formal I can do it, but I'm slangin' away on the inside. ) If its typed, that's how I'd say it.

Maybe you enunciate more or are more serious than some of us, but there's nothing wrong with that. You could add smilies if you want to, but don't do it for anyone here. There are no feathers ruffled or panties wadded here. (maybe KR's, but he'll straighten them out) If it's somewhere else, just point the way and we'll send In-Human over for a snack. :dcchomp:
              "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
              Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

lol

2 of my house mates carrie, and melissa(well she is an ex house-mate now because she finished her degree in the spring, and moved back to SC) were mocking me out. I have gotten responses back from my PM'S that make me feel all of a sudden masculine.

I do write like I am talking to someone tho. ROFL!!! OMG I'M A TRUCK DRIVER STUCK IN A WOMAN'S BODY!!

Comment

*kkkksssshhhhhhhkkkkk......breaker-breaker one-nine.....roger that.....kkksssshhhhkkk*
                  -KidRok-

Comment

Originally posted by american idol
                    LMAO.... ok

I find that when i talk online, it's like i'm really talking. I sit here and actually talk outloud while i'm typing.
                    You better share that with your therapist next week. hehe

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
                      *kkkksssshhhhhhhkkkkk......breaker-breaker one-nine.....roger that.....kkksssshhhhkkk*
                      LOL!!!

I wonder.........do truck drivers use CB radios any more? The would be able to hear better thru their cell phone head phones.

Come back. kkkssssshhhhhkkkk

Comment

kkkkssssssshhhhhhkkkkk....little lady, maybe you seriously outta look into gittin' a more feminin' avatar....kkkksssssshhhhhhkkkkk....somethin' not so beefed up, yew kno' wutta mean?....over....kkkksssshhhhkkk
                        "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                        Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Damn! Now I want a CB! What was that old country song about the kid talking to truckers on a CB? PapaBear? TeddyBear? Something. Not to mention Smokey and The Bandit! Woohoo!
                          Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Originally posted by TheLil'Missus
                            Damn! Now I want a CB! What was that old country song about the kid talking to truckers on a CB? PapaBear? TeddyBear? Something. Not to mention Smokey and The Bandit! Woohoo!
                            I don't think i've heard that one, unless you're talking about that song CONVOY. I loved that song when I was a kid.

when i think of CB radios, the one thing that always, always, always comes to mind is DUKES OF HAZARD. "Shepard to lost sheep, Shepard to lost sheep, you got your ears on?"
                            Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

Y'all are killing me....some of my favorite movies!!!

Convoy.....the "rubber duck" lol.

The Dukes of Hazzard...one of my all time favorites

Smokey and the Bandit....my all time favorite. When I was a kid, Burt Reynolds was the man! Everyone had a black trans am back then...at least all the young marines did where I grew up.
                              [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                              Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Working...
                              X