Sgt Rock---- addios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt Rock---- addios

My close Bro Sgt Rock is transfering to Colorado Springs for 2 years. He and his wife were over our house last night. Thats when I sunk in he was leaving. I really am gonna miss them two. Ive know him for over 5years and he is one of the best Bro's you could ask for. He is a Chief Master Sargent in the Air Force (the highest enlisted Rank) and this will be his final tour. He'll move back here to retire.

We met in a odd way:

6 or 7 years ago I had a sport nutrition store in Orlando Fla and a mail order biz I ran from the office at my house. One nigt about 7pm the office phone rang and I picked it up. A guy from Australia , 400 miles in the outback at a very remote Air force base, Saw my ad in Powerlifting USA and called to order supps.
    We talked for a long time and he found out I lived here in Fla. He once lived here too.

We had a business relationship for a year or so. One day in my gym a guy comes up to me and asks if I owned the company that was on my T-shirt, I said yes. He introduced himself- it was him, he had just moved here from Australia. Come to find out his office was 3 doors down from mine at work ( my REAL job) , Then I found out he moved into the house next to the house I grew up in as a kid! Weve been buddies every since....NOW THATS A SMALL WORLD!

He used to compete BBing and Powerlifting as well as his wife.Now he trains and does that crazy "strongman stuff" He tries to talk me into it, but HELL no, that stuff looks painfull!

She is a major BBing title holder in Australia. and has done exceptionally well in powerlifting there as well as in the states.

They are Two very knowledgable people in our sport as well as very nice people.

So Im sad they are moving , but we may go visit them around Xmas time. He and his family will be back here in 2 years, so until then we'll be using email telephone and IntenseMuscle to stay in touch.

Good friends are hard to come by!

Yo Steve-- I just want to say Its been great having you as a freind, Thank you for all your support during my prep and Im looking forward to seeing you and your family move back here and get settled...

Have a safe trip to Colorado and we'll be thinking of you and yours often!
    We love you guys! ( Im not gay!)
    Last edited by SweatMachine; 07-28-2004, 01:51 PM.
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

sounds like a good friend, and you're right SM, good friends are hard to come by!
    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

I know it's a bitch when good friends have to leave. Fortunately in todays world it's fairly easy to keep in touch over distances.
      -KidRok-
      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

He is moving down real close to where I live. Springs is real nice-he will like it there. Not as warm but just as sunny.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Your right is it easy to keep in touch. Hey KR, I must have a knack for meeting good bros from a long distance away huh? I guess at times I get pretty lucky.
          SweatMachine

Comment

Know what it's like to be separated from good friends and family, Sweat. We keep in touch best we can and it's OK. Hang in, bro. Wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
              Your right is it easy to keep in touch. Hey KR, I must have a knack for meeting good bros from a long distance away huh? I guess at times I get pretty lucky.

And bro-ettes?

{cough, cough}
              Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
              Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
              www.TrueProtein.com
              *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

ahh yes Bro-ettes too!,

Do I arouse anyone as much as I do myself? If I dont stop touching myself , Im gonna slap myself....Oh no, now Im into S/M....will it ever stop????

Im soooooo messed up on these meds....he he
                SweatMachine

Comment

When you come out to visit your buddy and his wife, you can drop into Denver for a workout or two at my gym, too. That would be cool.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

ahh yes Bro-ettes too!,

Do I arouse anyone as much as I do myself? If I dont stop touching myself , Im gonna slap myself....Oh no, now Im into S/M....will it ever stop????

Im soooooo messed up on these meds....he he

You must on some really good medication!!! You highjacked your own thread....lmao
                    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

It's Kinda Entertaining Right Now
                      SweatMachine

Comment

Yep you must have the knack! lol
                        And I consider it more a thing of "fate" than 'luck'!
                        -KidRok-
                        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Working...
                        X