my big mouth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my big mouth...

so, last night I was just starting my wide grip bent over rows and was already about spent, suddenly I was surrounded by this little group that was clearly more interested in BS'ing then hitting the weights... i woulda normally been really irritated that they were crowding me but the girl that was with them was hot and provided a much needed distraction between sets... so as i'm going up through the weights on towards my working weight they are having their little discussion about how to lift and making there little wise-ass comments about grunting and slamming down the weight at the end of your set...

so anyway i go to do my first 'really' heavy set and pumped out a strong set (way more than i expected), as i finish my set i SLAMMED the weight to the ground and blurted out "JUST LIKE THAT".... a la "Sweatmachine's sig"

at first i was a bit shocked "did i just say that out loud.... oops" but looked around, couple people were looking but when i looked over and saw that weight on the bar i was immediately over the embarrassment... that was just a great set.... and then i caught my breath and went back for more...

Nothing like having a good set...feels soooo good.
    Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
    person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
    and in the right way, that is not easy.
    -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

ooh rah! Screw the rest of the peeps at the gym..you have work to do..half are there to BS anyway!
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman
        ooh rah! Screw the rest of the peeps at the gym..you have work to do..half are there to BS anyway!
        ooh rah!! you a (former) jarhead?

Dim Mouse...good for you bro..sometimes being a smart has its privileges..especially if you back it up..

-slide
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

if anyone has a problem with it the next set you slam it down ON THEM!
          -KidRok-
          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

JUST - LIKE - THAT!!!!!!!
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

hey slide...yes indeed..former jarhead!!! many moons ago..

Comment

so those are yellow leggens, not dirty socks?
                SweatMachine
                (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

I Figured so...just got out myself a few months back...spent five years in.

-slide
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

We just can't hide, can we? I was in from 75 - 79...So I'm no longer shitting yakasoba..Remeber that?

Comment

not to impeed on your conversation, but I am a fellow devildog myself. Of course it's been 10 years ago.

SEMPER FI
                      "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

What's the standard weapon in the U.S. Army? M16 right? you got any others?

Comment

Marine Corp has too many to list, but the M16 is the basic weapon

I'm sure the Army has some pretty cool toys to
                          "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by GetnBigr
                            Marine Corp has too many to list, but the M16 is the basic weapon

I'm sure the Army has some pretty cool toys to
                            Yeah, Im sure they do too...only way we get em is when we acquire them :chair:

-slide

Comment

All we had was M16 and a 45 as a side arm...Oh, btw, I got out 25 years ago..
                              I still like to go to San Diego and watch the recruits get yelled at over at MCRD..OOHH RAHH..god..I'm gettin excited!
                              Last edited by Heckman; 03-04-2004, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X