Woman claims she found toad in salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman claims she found toad in salad

The Associated Press Updated: 10:35 a.m. ET July 01, 2004 HANSON, Mass.
    McDonald's owner, health officials investigating - Dorinda McCann is hopping mad over a toad she found in her salad.

McCann, 34, found the two-inch long toad in a takeout salad bought at a McDonald’s in Hanson on June 16.

Both the restaurant’s owner and the town health department are investigating, but McCann said did not hear from the owner until Tuesday, and she is still awaiting word from the health department.

“I was sick — what if I had salmonella poisoning? Did anybody call?” she said.

Town health agent Vincent Flaherty said he is waiting to learn the origin of the toad, which is being tested by the California-based company that processes the lettuce used in McDonald’s salads.

Restaurant owner Mark McBee tried to contact the McCanns on several occasions and never received a return call until Tuesday, said Tara Richards, a spokeswoman for McBee.

“The safety of our food is very important to us and we are taking this matter very seriously,” she said. “We are working to gather all of the facts. The health department completed a thorough review of restaurant operations and gave the restaurant a clean bill of health.”

Meanwhile, McCann, her husband, Thomas, and their two daughters, once regular McDonald’s customers, have stopped going to the restaurant.

:dcchomp:
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Down that sucker its protein, don't let it jump away, oh its a toad, ok don't let it crawl away...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm.... Yummy Frog Legs!!!!
      Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

Too bad it took a toad to get their fat assed family to not eat at McDonald's anymore.

Anybody see any pics of the family? Quarter says the kids are fat and greasy; mom goes about 3 bucks - maybe shy by some change but not much; dad has bigger titties than his fat assed wife. Wanna bet? Of course you don't. ; )

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Ya know, who knows if she really found a toad in there, but I'll tell ya this. Stories like these and the film "Supersize Me" (which I haven't seen yet, but plan to) really makin' me re-think McDonald's...

-R
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

By the way, Randy, I have been meaning to tell you that those legs look insane, bro.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Maybe it's the new McToad salad....
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Hey Toads have to eat to. Nothing wrong with that. People get to grossed out by simple things. Plus Toad intestines make good dressing if you drain them properly.

Comment

Yeah your probably right Skip! There was a guy that used to work for me. He claimed to be a pastor. He and his wife were trying to sue a resteraunt for something similiar! He was lazy as hell. His wife worked more than him!

"Suckas get your weight up not your hate up"

Comment

Heard of a frog in your throat, but this is ridiculous.

Can't remember last time I've been to McD and looks like it will be much longer
                    now.

Comment

Originally posted by Subliminal
                      Yeah your probably right Skip! There was a guy that used to work for me. He claimed to be a pastor. He and his wife were trying to sue a resteraunt for something similiar! He was lazy as hell. His wife worked more than him!
                      Hey, wait a minute, bro. My wife works more than I do! lol

Skip

Comment

Mc Donald's take out window strike again....LOL
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

I think I'll go get one of those McToad salads. Sounds tasty to me.
                          Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
                          Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

I think that McDonalds did them a favor, maybe now those fukkers starts to eat something healthy instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Anadrol
                              I think that McDonalds did them a favor, maybe now those fukkers starts to eat something healthy instead...

.......yah......they'll be moving on to Burger King. :dcchomp:

Comment

Working...
                              X