Minute Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minute Rice

This a bit of a question and a rant, everytime I go to any grociery store, or walmart or what have you, I see all kinds of minute rice, 5 min, 1 min and shit like that, then I work my way down to the section I like, the brown rice. Why the hell is there no minute brown rice?, the only problem I have with brown rice is its not convient to cook always, it take almost 2x the amount of time to cook from regular long grain white rice, and I just don't understand why we can come out with instant white rice all the time for quick fixes, but no brown rice. :chair:

So does this actually exist or is it a dream I will forever have everytime I lift my spoonful of brown rice. :dcchomp:
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Uncle Ben's my friend. Comes in an orange bag, just tear the top, nuke it for 90 seconds, pour, and eat. Comes in white, long grain, spanish, chicken, and yes, brown. It's fairly new however, so I've found that not all stores carry it.

Comment

well, here in IL we have minute brown rice, i knwo that the longer you cook rice i think the lower the GI...soooo if you are eating br rice for the low GI value, you would lose that with the min rice. Rice lasts bout 4-5 days cooked in the fridge, why not make a big batch of it, u can even sperate the ammounts you want into seperate containers.
      Thats just whjat i have heard bout the quick cook rice...besides its not that great, the brown minute rice...your not missing much!

Comment

Originally posted by 2cute
        well, here in IL we have minute brown rice, i knwo that the longer you cook rice i think the lower the GI...soooo if you are eating br rice for the low GI value, you would lose that with the min rice. Rice lasts bout 4-5 days cooked in the fridge, why not make a big batch of it, u can even sperate the ammounts you want into seperate containers.
        Thats just whjat i have heard bout the quick cook rice...besides its not that great, the brown minute rice...your not missing much!
        Ya I've been doing that, just some sundays I just run out of time to do my big cook out, lol

And you are correct on the minute rice being higher in GI, that is true and I never thought about that till now.

But generally I just like brown rice better then white for overall taste and texture.

oh well :dcchomp:

thanks

Comment

well not sure on the quick rice, BUT i do know that while extra long grain or wild rice has only 1 point more than brown on the GI...AND sounds stupid, but white rice bloats me MUCH less than brown.

Comment

btw, where do you train in T.O...from guelph originally, moved to chicago 3 years ago....

Comment

btw, where do you train in T.O...from guelph originally, moved to chicago 3 years ago....
              I train in Ajax, just a few mintues east of T.O off the 401.

Comment

well not sure on the quick rice, BUT i do know that while extra long grain or wild rice has only 1 point more than brown on the GI...AND sounds stupid, but white rice bloats me MUCH less than brown.
                Really I had no idea, I really enjoy wild rice as well, good ol uncle ben. :dcchomp:

Comment

Aren't I glad you're here? Never thought about the bloating thing and didn't ever check on the GI thing. Thanks!

TLM
                  "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                  Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Publix carries a minute brown rice down here in the south
                    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

How about getting a rice cooker. I have one that also has a "warmer" as a feature and it's awesome! Hot rice all day long. It'll also keep on warmer for a few days. PLUS...rice cooks in like 20 mins!

Comment

you are correct about minute rice effecting the glycemic index of rice. just used the 20-40 minute stuff and make a huge bowl full.

tpc
                        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Working...
                        X