The Rigors of Precontest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rigors of Precontest

Just a little note here. I am seeing our very own culinary genius Vanilla Gorilla posting his new recipes in the Gourmet forum. If I have to be honest, I will admit that I am not man enough to even check what he is writing out there. I just look at the posts going up in the forum and shudder. I just know that, knowing VG, if I open the forum at this point, he will have me this close to a nervous breakdown out of sheer desperation... :p

Just a case of so close, yet so very far away...*deep sigh*...mamma mia...

Hang in there IM^
    2010 NPC New England - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2010 NPC Cutler Classic - Open & Masters Light Heavy
    2001 INBF Constitution State - Open Middleweight
    2001 INBF Natural New York State - Open Middleweight
    2000 ANBA Natural Xtravaganza - Open Middleweight
    2000 NGA New England - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF Maine Super Natural - Open Middleweight
    1999 NABF New England Super Natural - Open Middleweight

Comment

IM^, Don't worry buddy, I try them all and they are great, just in case you needed to know...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Oooh, ouch, right under the belt IH.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
          IM^, Don't worry buddy, I try them all and they are great, just in case you needed to know...

OOoooo, that was mean!

:p
          Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
          Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
          www.TrueProtein.com
          *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

right there with ya IM...

2 more weeks...

BW
            Where the world's elite athletes get their supplements:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Well, this would be my 16th month or so of dieting so it's getting rather old at this point...three shows in 12 months....gragh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                Well, this would be my 16th month or so of dieting so it's getting rather old at this point...three shows in 12 months....gragh!!!

That's too much. Please tell me you've taken a few weeks off here & there.
                www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                  damn!

are you a pro? lol

bulk up man! :p

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok's Lady
                    That's too much. Please tell me you've taken a few weeks off here & there.
                    Would 4 weeks total qualify as "a few weeks off here and there" Miss KRL?

Originally posted by BigWilly
                    damn!

are you a pro? lol

bulk up man! :p
                    Not a pro no, just a warrior with something to prove, I hope. Bulk up, yes, it's definitely on the cards after this one. It's very tiring to prep for so long, and you need the mental fortitude of a machine sometimes. At times, all I want is my food and being able to go to the gym and start bending the bars again. There comes a point in pre-contest prep where bodybuilding becomes a struggle within; the best times in the training process is when it is the struggle oustide.

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                      Not a pro no, just a warrior with something to prove, I hope. Bulk up, yes, it's definitely on the cards after this one. It's very tiring to prep for so long, and you need the mental fortitude of a machine sometimes. At times, all I want is my food and being able to go to the gym and start bending the bars again. There comes a point in pre-contest prep where bodybuilding becomes a struggle within; the best times in the training process is when it is the struggle oustide.
                      Right on brother.:showoff:

www.trueprotein.com

BW

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                        Would 4 weeks total qualify as "a few weeks off here and there" Miss KRL?

..... There comes a point in pre-contest prep where bodybuilding becomes a struggle within; the best times in the training process is when it is the struggle oustide.

I will accept the 4 weeks

I have seen the struggles firsthand. I may come to learn more about that....
                        www.TrueProtein.com

Comment

I will accept the 4 weeks
                          Well, they are my only good memories in the past one and a half years. The rest are a haze of me eating the soles of some very old shoes...

I have seen the struggles firsthand. I may come to learn more about that....
                          Oh certainly, please do. It is a good way to further your own personal frontiers into regions you never thought possible. Quite a voyage of self-discovery (of course, when done within reason). :p

Comment

IM^, Well listen buddy, I start my diet July 1st, so you can rag on my ass all you want, I deserve it, I am 21 weeks out, so when you get done with all your shows I will send you a care package of steaks, Zingers and some pizza, ok...
                            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Well, in all honesty IH, I wouldn't rag you but I would be glad to help you out if you would like that. Ragging would be counterproductive and pre-contest time is not a funny time, so every little ounce of motivation helps.

On another note, how about instead of sending me that package, we meet up and go eat some poor restaurant out of business? You can pretend to be the blind guy and I'll be the deaf one. Should create sufficient confusion come paying time.

Comment

Working...
                              X