I'm Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Curious

For the personal trainers out there, I'm curious to know how and/or where you got your certifications. Was it through college or did you attend some courses through some fitness organization?

I've been behind a desk almost my entire career & hated it. Since I was laid off, I've been baking cheesecakes for a living, but I'm not using my brain. I'm wanting to change to a career doing something I love to do, like weightlifting. At least then I could look good & use my brain.

I just need a push in the right direction.
    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

american, My cert came from 25 years of pounding iron and out lifting most of the gym, well all of the gym. Where I train people at, all they care about is size...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Man I didn't read the rest of your post, you bake cheesecake, oh my, I will trade you some clients for cheesecake, and we have to do it fast my diet starts July 1st...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
        american, My cert came from 25 years of pounding iron and out lifting most of the gym, well all of the gym. Where I train people at, all they care about is size...
        Looking for something a little faster than 25 years....

BTW... if I can figure a way to send you a cheesecake through the mail and it still tastes good, you've got yourself a deal!
        Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

See if you can find out anything in regards to an ACSM-

American College of Sports Medicine (?)

A girl I worked with at a gym several years ago had one of these...supposedly the best of the best in regards to personal training certificates/degrees.

ACE was a big one in the day.....

I was certified through Metrosport in Durham NC. It was affiliated with Duke University...sounds big time, but it was really nothing special.
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by american idol
            ....BTW... if I can figure a way to send you a cheesecake through the mail and it still tastes good, you've got yourself a deal!

I'll order one!!! lol
            Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
            Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
            www.TrueProtein.com
            *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Working...
            X