One's perspectibve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One's perspectibve

I dont know about all you guys out there, but I have Dysmorphia.

This weekend I got a little perspctive served up to me though. My Bro competed Sat. night. He is 5'6" and weighed in at 194lbs.. to me looked like a massive giant onstage, I couldnt help but think..WOW is he F'ing thick. By far he was the most muscular of the entire show. Then when we were together afterwards, I realized I dwarfed him....SO, what am I going to look like on stage at 5'8" 225-230lbs?

the next eye opener I got was hanging out with Marcus Haley, a national level comp, who's "on his way" He guess posed and was fantastic... he's 10 weks out from the USA wieghing 247lbs. BIg Thick, and looking great. Man this dude dwarfed me.... Until I saw a picture of the 2 of us together...
    I actuallly didnt look out of place next to him. My wife and a few others commented that we had the same build and approx. size..... Man this BB'ing stuff is 90% mental and 50% physical.. ( to borow from Yogu Baera)

It was an eye opener and help me realize most of us see ourselves completley different than the rest of the world does.....
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

we are all messed up.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Aint that true Bro? the world says "youre huge", but we dont hear it. Some asshole says "hey, you losing weight?" and we take it to heart....
      SweatMachine

Comment

If we would see ourselves like the rest of the world does we wouldn`t train so hard.
        Aint it the view in the mirror and the I-need-more-feeling that keeps us going?
        Last edited by Grammostola; 05-23-2004, 06:54 PM.
        Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

I know what you're saying SM I look in the mirror and I see this huge studly guy. I walk around and see guys...but I dwarf all of them. People say I'm getting smaller and flabier, but in fact I'm getting bigger. Oh wait, This isn't what you're talking about at all. lol. j/k bro

No matter how big I get people that are smaller than me appear more muscular for some reason...I hear "stupid" comments about how big I'm getting, but for some reason I think that people are just pulling my chain or being nice. (Not to say that I don't think that I make improvements ever). Its a screwed up way we think sometimes...but it does drive us I think.
          Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Admin @ http://www.extrememuscle.co.nr - Come check out my board if ya get a chance!

Comment

at 285lbs 5'8" i thought I really need another 15lbs before starting my diet.....

whatssssup with us? are we friggin reatarded or just obsessive....YES!
            SweatMachine

Comment

Oh yeah? Well I am 5 weeks out and I AM small. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I was going to comment on this earlier but didn't have the time.

I'm the biggest and by far the strongest I've ever been in my life. I weigh quite a bit more that what I said I wanted to be in the begining of all of this and I'm much stronger than I'd ever thought I'd be. It's not enough though. I don't think it will ever be enough. At least it keeps me going, right?
                Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

we all need therapy
                  SweatMachine

Comment

I not sure I qualify to participate in this conversation, but I will anyway. My wife and her family think I'm big and they say it all the time, but I just don't see it. Guys, seriously, I'm not big at all compared to most of you. I'm 6'1" and 195, I'm a twig for pete's sake. Even though I don't compete, I think I may still have a small case of dysmorphia.
                    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Working...
                    X