Thoughts on shows that do extreme makeovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on shows that do extreme makeovers

I've started to see some shows that are taking people and giving them total body makeovers. The show generally gives then all sorts of plastic surgery including face lifts, nose jobs, liposuction.

I think this is another show that sets a bad example to overweight people in the world. It says go ahead and eat what you want and don't take of yourself, then they come in and fix you up and make everything better.

What do you think about these shows? Are they good or bad and do they set a bad example?

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...... except extreme home makeovers

Comment

I think they're pure rubbish. I personally thinks it sets a bad example to ugly people too.
      Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

They are not only bad, but putting ideas like this into the minds of the masses is pretty dangerous. And then they condemn steroids...

Comment

Bad example for the reasons given above! There is no quick fix or miracle pill...It's about making the right choices as we go through life...
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

:showoff: There is some guy teaching them how to eat right & workout in the gym. I think they should make that a bigger part.
            My question for that guy is.....why do they intro him as a (shoot, what was it?).....something like a bodybuilder winner? Champ bodybuilder? Winner of what?!?!?
            Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
            Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
            www.TrueProtein.com
            *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

The swan is the worst. They change 2 girls and still one of them isn't good enough to be in a beauty pageant. Yeah, that's good for your self esteem.

They need to show them how to walk in heels & how to stand in a dress without looking so butch too.
              Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

Originally posted by american idol
                The swan is the worst. They change 2 girls and still one of them isn't good enough to be in a beauty pageant. Yeah, that's good for your self esteem.

They need to show them how to walk in heels & how to stand in a dress without looking so butch too.

LOL. I can't even look at that one.
                Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                www.TrueProtein.com
                *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman
                  Bad example for the reasons given above! There is no quick fix or miracle pill...It's about making the right choices as we go through life...
                  This is what I'm talking about....they are giving these people instant changes to their body in a matter of a couple of months!!! It gives all of the coach potatoes another excuse to finish off another bag of chips because they figure they could have all of that done for them as well.

It's similar to those Sunday morning infomercials....6 minute abs, 48 hr hollywood diet, etc...... :angry:

Comment

Working...
                  X