A little Gossip....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Gossip....

I was talking to a friend that happens to be very involved with the IFBB. He told me that there may be no more Mr.O, or for that matter no more IFBB. It seems that the IFBB is supposedly a "non profit " organiztion. that is a Canadian based organiization ( Wieder is Canadian if you didnt know) Well-- due to the Non profit status, they have a little problem with taxes and accounting. Wayne Demillia is in a jam over this. Did you know it costs $35,000 just to get the IFBB sanction to put on a show? The Olympia cost $350,000.....thats not for the Venue or the prize money or any of the other expenses, like the top 5 winners air travel expenses, event insurance etc. etc.-- just to get the sanction.... No wonder they have money trouble...

So it looks like the Arnold is going to be the BIG DADDY show...
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

I think it would be a change for the better.

Comment

It may be a good thing. The BBing world is due for a change.

Comment

It will interesting to see where the money comes from....Maybe if they start a BB'ing version of K1 fighting they could make big money and put on good shows...K1 doesnt care about politics or ranking, just putting together good fights for an entertaining show thats worth your money....
        SweatMachine

Comment

Sometimes I think Wieder et al has held back bodybuilding for personal interests....I would hate to see the Olympia go just cause of the history...but it could be a good change for the sport.
          I am very suprised Bb'ing is not more mainstream. It can't be because of the drugs....every sport is loaded with drugs.
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Bodybuilding is somewhat an Extreme sport and really doesnt lend itself to the mainstream. Not everyone can aspire to be a bodybuilder, no more than everyone aspire to be a freestyle trick skier. Some sports will always be viewed as an unobtainable goal for the masses, thus not a mainstream sport. I like it that way. I sqw a shirt at the Pro show this weekend that sums it up...."IF THIS WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD BE DOING IT"

'NUFF SAID?
            SweatMachine

Comment

Yeah Sweat...You are probably right in your assessment of the bodybuilding world.
              I have been a NASCAR fan since I was 6 years old...mid 1970's.

NASCAR sucks compared to what it was in the 70's and 80's before it went mainstream.

When anything goes mainstream it looses it's roots and "heart".
              [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
              Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I see theres now Mr.O or GNC . From what I was told this is the new name to replace the IFBB. I think it sounds a tad cheesy

http://www.prodivision.net/

Comment

Working...
                X