Female Hormones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Hormones

Hi all! First time posting in a forum so here goes.

For a 20 y/o natural female who’s been dealing with amenorrhea for upwards of 2 years now what kind of strategies have resulted in improved hormone levels while still working towards certain physique goals. Can you do both of these simultaneously, correct normal issues while trying to get #jacked lol?

I have labs from back in August but need to get labs done again soon. Those labs showed low progesterone, low-ish estrogen, and low T3. I suspect a lot of these markers have not improved much although I’ve spent time reverse dieting and working into a mild surplus.
    I must admit the supplements I was recommended to use I was not consistent with during this timeframe but am currently ready to fully commit to fixing these issues.
    These included progesterone drops, chaste berry, thyroid supports, and a few different minerals for thyroid function.

Supplementation strategies?
    Nutritional strategies?
    Training strategies?
    Stress management etc.

I have some base knowledge on all of these above but I am currently coaching myself and looking for any additional recommendations!

Welcome to IM, Grace!

I am going to assume that you tested to eliminate the most obvious reason.

Can you elaborate on "I have spent time reverse dieting and working into a mild surplus?"

How long were you dieting; how severely restricted were your calories; how much of a surplus are you in now; how long have you been reverse dieting; have you used anything like t3/t4, etc? I know you said you are natural but some people don't consider things like thyroid meds as "natural" so that is why I'm asking.

I am not online on Sundays but if you respond, I will respond late Monday night when I do client work. Others can respond, of course, too.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Tested for what exactly?

From November-April I came to a coach eating around 2500-2600 cals with a really unstructured diet and too many free meals. This coach dieted me down and cals we’re between 1800-ish and the lowest was 1400-ish, the starting cals were around 1500 coming from the 2500.
      After leaving that coach I began working with someone new who started me at around 2100 cals and finished the dieting phase I was in. Not sure what cals we ended with but we started to reverse in August and now I’m back up to 2500 cals and maintaining here.

Ive not spent large lengths of time in a surplus or really not trying to diet over the past 2 years. Now that cals have increased and so has body fat I’m already feeling like I need to start dieting again, even though that might not be the right move to make quite yet.

In regards to the thyroid supplements that was a Nuethix product and not any kind of prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace Jarrell View Post
        Tested for what exactly?

From November-April I came to a coach eating around 2500-2600 cals with a really unstructured diet and too many free meals. This coach dieted me down and cals we’re between 1800-ish and the lowest was 1400-ish, the starting cals were around 1500 coming from the 2500.
        After leaving that coach I began working with someone new who started me at around 2100 cals and finished the dieting phase I was in. Not sure what cals we ended with but we started to reverse in August and now I’m back up to 2500 cals and maintaining here.

Ive not spent large lengths of time in a surplus or really not trying to diet over the past 2 years. Now that cals have increased and so has body fat I’m already feeling like I need to start dieting again, even though that might not be the right move to make quite yet.

In regards to the thyroid supplements that was a Nuethix product and not any kind of prescription.
        One thing you didn't mention was your weight, what was your training like? Cardio? What were your macros? I'm not trying to sound sexist but most women who attempt to eat and put on muscle tend not see the truth in the mirror if that makes sense? Getting your labs done would be great and consistency with nutrition and supplementation will help go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace Jarrell View Post
          Tested for what exactly?
          A pregnancy test.

I'm glad to hear that you have spent a good bit of time in a surplus. I didn't expect to hear you say that.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
          X