Reddit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddit

I am being encouraged to somehow link my coach logs and articles at EliteFTS to REDDIT. I know nothing about it and, honestly, I struggle with all of the new and different social media formats. When I started doing contest prep work, I could spend almost all of my time doing client work and the rest of the time posting on IM and maybe PM (message boards).

These days, I swear that 30% of my day is someone involved with social media -- posting, interacting, taking pictures to make sure that I have material to post on social media, etc. I only use IG and FB right now but I constantly have to watch other social media platforms to see if they might be something that will be beneficial to get in on early, and build a following (tiktok, snapchat, etc.).

REDDIT seems more like a social media message board, in a sense. If any of you have any experience with REDDIT, I want to hear your opinions. Will it be worth the time to focus on that platform, as well?

Can we stop with all of the fucking platforms, please?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I'd say it entirely depends on the subreddit you're posting on Skip. While Reddit can be super helpful to folks like myself searching for valuable information on a wide variety of topics, the sheer VOLUME of information on there is daunting to say the least. And what's worse is that the amount of misinformation farrrr exceeds the amount of quality information like the kind you have to give. Add to the mix the presence of some god-awful trolls & keyboard warriors who like nothing better than shitting on people, given that you're a "brook no bullshit" kinda guy I believe you may end up being super aggravated by the chucklefucks on that site. I will say this though, the more qualified people like yourself that post on there, the better it will be for folks like us to sift through the chaff and find the wheat

Comment

I appreciate that feedback. I was bred on the message boards, though. It would take a lot to get me irritated on REDDIT, I think.
      Still, I appreciate you pointing this out because if it's anything like youtube, it would probably be a pain in the ass.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        I appreciate that feedback. I was bred on the message boards, though. It would take a lot to get me irritated on REDDIT, I think.
        Still, I appreciate you pointing this out because if it's anything like youtube, it would probably be a pain in the ass.

Skip
        Reddit is worse than the YouTube comment section. I hate using the word toxic but I really can’t think of a better word to describe the place. It’s younger know it all demographic that makes the bb forum trolls look like upstanding contributors.

Comment

Reddit can be toxic but frankly I go there because they have stuff I cannot find elsewhere (e.g., r/steroidsxx). I feel like it is SO big, with so many users, that unfortunately you don't get the feel for personalities you might with a message board, and people get away with way more trolling crap. But I still find it useful and end up going back. I've sworn it off a few times though!
          Last edited by frauke; 10-01-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3317 View Post

Reddit is worse than the YouTube comment section. I hate using the word toxic but I really can’t think of a better word to describe the place. It’s younger know it all demographic that makes the bb forum trolls look like upstanding contributors.
            Some of the comments about Hunter the week before he won was hilarious. Same with some of the recent comments about James Hollingshead. People without a clue about bodybuilding commenting about how the don't look good enough etc etc.

I just use it for my daily dose of cat pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by frauke View Post
              Reddit can be toxic but frankly I go there because they have stuff I cannot find elsewhere (e.g., r/steroidsxx). I feel like it is SO big, with so many users, that unfortunately you don't get the feel for personalities you might with a message board, and people get away with way more trolling crap. But I still find it useful and end up going back. I've sworn it off a few times though!
              This is exactly why I scratch my head as to why so many people have an aversion to message boards. It creates community and the focus is precise as far as topics are concerned. Apparently, it just isn't very "2020," I guess.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

This is exactly why I scratch my head as to why so many people have an aversion to message boards. It creates community and the focus is precise as far as topics are concerned. Apparently, it just isn't very "2020," I guess.

Skip
                I think a lot of it is the interface. The younger generations prefer apps it seems. I say do it as an extra way of being seen is always good for business. Just my .02.

Comment

My training partner is hooked on Reddit, and i think it's his primary daily dose of entertainment... I have tried it a couple times but i just cant seem to get into it. I can see the appeal though, especially for someone with as much knowledge as you skip.

Comment

Part of it for me is laziness - it a centralized place to get the type of anecdotal, unsolicited advice I look for sometimes, tailored to my interest. My reddit subs are psych, bodybuilding, and local interest... and, now, motorcycle related. It's an easy way to look for info & opinions about those things.

I think Jeff's point about the interface is right. I don't even use the app but have and like IG, it's made for that and appeals to some folks because of it.

Comment

The place is way over moderated (Reddit). I got banned from a sub for simply saying to a guy who said "My Home Gym is now complete"! (Or similar).
                      (The guy had a 110 lb plastic set and a 30.00 Weider bench).
                      I was joking (smiley face included) and said something like "nice Romper Rom gym, are you going to be adding real equipment"... BANNED Place sucks...

Comment

LOL

Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X