Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your state doing as far as returning to normal right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your state doing as far as returning to normal right now?

Curious what your states are doing to try to return to normalcy.

We opened one fucking beach in northern Florida for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening and the nation went fucking crazy. Of course, it didn't help that the NY Times used a stock photo of a lot of people on a beach in California and tried to pass it off as the beach in Florida. lol

The media are fucking tools -- all of the them.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

The Governor here in Missouri says he wants to open things up on May 4th, but leaving the decision up to the counties and cities. It's just nuts!! I can go into a store, even though they only allow so many people in at a time, but I can be in the same aisle or check out line with 100 people. And now all the Gold's Gyms in the St. Louis area have closed permanently and the smaller/better gyms in the area may not come back from this.
    Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
      Curious what your states are doing to try to return to normalcy.

We opened one fucking beach in northern Florida for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening and the nation went fucking crazy. Of course, it didn't help that the NY Times used a stock photo of a lot of people on a beach in California and tried to pass it off as the beach in Florida. lol

The media are fucking tools -- all of the them.

Skip
      The Sheriff allowed our Gold's gym to reopen up here in the Panhandle, then residents got word, called the governor and Sheriff and they were shut down in a matter of hours. I wish those who were scared would just shut up and stay home. No one has a problem when us essential employees go to work, people are sheep, and the media is the sheep dog.

Comment

I’m just happy my gym has a plan of opening sometime between may 1st- 8th but with everyone still so damn scared who knows if that’ll actually happen. Sweden kept pretty much everything open but required social distancing protocols and it’s been proven to be very effective, what a surprise...

Comment

I'm in NY and we're still on "pause" until at least May 15th.

Comment

I haven't heard of any updates yet, I live in NH and work in MA. I have 2 more weeks of "work-from-home" as it was announced out to May 4th by our company.
            Should be hearing more soon Im thinking. Economy needs to open, this is brutal, ruining many lives. Media does suck, bad, liars, fabricators. (Though I get it that some safety is needed, just not sure about the economy killing behavior).

My life wont change too much, except for being able to go to the beach, which is our main and only hobby really at this age. Besides my training, but thats not a hobby, but a love/way of life.

We're cooped up all winter here as we hate it, and dont do winter sports, so being closed off from doing outside stuff like beach, etc really sucks, but many have it much worse.

My workouts are killer and Im eating more and growing. Work has slowed though, and could affect employment possibly. (I'm one of the older, highest paid people in a company that was acquired, so a target). They tend to keep their own employees over new acquisitions, even though I've been there 20 years. Not really concerned, I always feared debt, so house and all of our cars have been paid off forever, as is my kids college, so zero debt). I drive cars 'til they fall apart, my daughter still drives my 2004 CR-V and it has zero wrong with it, and low miles).

Ill be happy with warm weather, dry up my yard from wet spring/winter, so I can do some outside chores,and lie in the sun on my deck, open the pool, etc... I dont need much...

Comment

Louisiana isnt near opening again, by the governor.

Comment

Georgia is opening up all gyms Friday. As far as I know most things will open may 1. Some people are crying about it and saying it’s going to be the next Holocaust though

Comment

Originally posted by arowback View Post
                  I'm in NY and we're still on "pause" until at least May 15th.
                  I assume you guys will be some of the last to open but I could b wrong.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncg93 View Post
                    I’m just happy my gym has a plan of opening sometime between may 1st- 8th but with everyone still so damn scared who knows if that’ll actually happen. Sweden kept pretty much everything open but required social distancing protocols and it’s been proven to be very effective, what a surprise...
                    I have heard something similar but couldn't find any black and white about when things are going to start opening down here. Some gyms are preparing for a May 1st opening, though.

I am not eating out much other than the occasional load meal once every couple of weeks but it would be really nice to go somewhere and sit down and eat a meal.

Skip

Comment

Safer at home orders extended until May 15 for now, no word on any soft openings for anything yet that I know of here in Los Angeles

Comment

Word is we are supposed to start reopening gyms, restaurants, small businesses and beaches here in Alabama on May 4th, but our lovely governor has since said she isn’t sure and we may need even more time. More time is going to kill small businesses and independent restaurants and such.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by SadButTrue View Post
                          Word is we are supposed to start reopening gyms, restaurants, small businesses and beaches here in Alabama on May 4th, but our lovely governor has since said she isn’t sure and we may need even more time. More time is going to kill small businesses and independent restaurants and such.
                          I'm in Destin Florida and its destroyed the economy here, restaurants, hotels, short term rentals, its all tourism. Luckily I have an essential position in the utility field

Comment

Some parks and outdoor rec opening up in WA tomorrow. On Friday, our governor announced a four-phase plan over the next few months - dates may vary based on how the estimates pan out.

For the somewhat important things in my life: I might be able to get a haircut at the end of May, go back to the gym mid-June, and get to see the Sounders play after the 4th of July.

Comment

Here in Texas, their taking a "phases" approach. Phase 1 started May 1st where they've allowed such places like restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and golf courses to reopen as long as the control the number of folks entering their establishment to no more than 25%. If all goes well, phase II should kick off around the 18th of May. Gyms and salons are still closed...
                              "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                              2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                              2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                              2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                              2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                              2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                              X