Corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgjedi View Post
    In this discussion I've noticed a complete lack of information about what to do to prevent getting it or what to when you do get it. If you get your information from the media or from WHO or from CDC, you are woefully misinformed. Everyone is waiting with baited breath on some Big Pharma company to make a vaccine. A safe vaccine will be more than a year away - based on proper research and proper testing. Of course they can fast track one and throw caution to the wind - but do you want to roll the dice on something that might make your lungs crippled for life - like the vaccine for SARS did in 2005?

What they are actively suppressing is that China and South Korea have been using high dose Vitamin C to cure people from the virus. Hundreds if not thousands of people. Shipments of 50 tonnes of Vitamin C have gone into Wuhan, for example (there are pictures easily researched). You can do the same thing at home. But instead of IV Vitamin C (which is only available from hospitals) use liposomal Vitamin C which is just as good at lower doses since your body absorbs it much better. And it's easy to make at home with blender.

Or the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine. That needs to be adminstered by a doctor. But people in India are now mandated to take this for prevention. We are so far behind the curve on this - because of Big Pharma influence. They can't make money off this generic drug.

Or there is chlorine dioxide. Or calcium hypochlorite. Both need some research on how to take this. But here are 4 treatments that WORK against the virus. Why aren't we able to stop this pandemic tomorrow by using them. Why are they actively suppressed?
    I'm going to go against the grain, here, and say that I find it incredibly difficult to believe that high-dose vitamin C will positively impact this virus.

I think the information put out is the best information they have at that time.

I do agree that waiting on a vaccine is certainly not the best response.

If you have references for the high-dose vitamin C I would be interested in seeing them. And I am not implying that you don't. I'm just saying I would need to see this to believe it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• LKQSJH
      LKQSJH commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think any references found would be speculative at best. For true testing they would have to compare a control group against a group who was given vit c. I don't know that anyone would sign up to be in the control group with so much unknown about this virus.

• cgjedi
      cgjedi commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you do any searching? It's so easy to find the information. High dose vitamin C has been studied and administered for many other viruses for decades. Dr Richard Cheng has a youtube channel where he describes heading up the current clinical study in China. And that Shanghai has officially sanctioned used Vit C for this virus as a curative treatment. It's only in the West (read FDA) that is in the pocket of Big Pharma where things that actually work are suppressed and are murdering people.

Here is latest info I came across that just continues to believe nobody really knows anything about this whole deal.

Last week on 03/16 the Imperial College of London, who has been advising the UK on strategy for dealing with the outbreak . . .

"Ferguson was the lead scientist on a report published Monday that said 2.2 million Americans and more than half a million Brits would be killed by the COVID-19 disease unless drastic steps were taken to halt the spread of the virus."

Yesterday 03/25, the same lead researcher . . .

"He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower."

links if you care to read
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/imperi...self-isolation
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...pert-predicts/

I will say I have no idea what % of the reduction he attributes to the restrictions but its a hell of a jump in 9 days to be going from predicting 500k are going to die to less than 20k. Personally I just don't buy that the lock downs are responsible for all of that drop as Boris Johnson didn't issue the lockdown until the 24th. I do think people should do what they can to prevent infection/spread and I do think it should be taken seriously. I hope like hell I'm right as I don't want to see a large death rate in the US but strictly off watching the numbers I don't see this being nearly as bad as it has been portrayed to be, but still preparing for worst case.

6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

https://theweek.com/speedreads/90458...virus-immunity

This article is a quick read on the conflicting study done by Oxford in the UK which is what called the Imperial College study into question. Its based on several hypotheticals but really, so is everything else they are modeling.

In an interview done by James Walsh the lead researcher of this study, Sunetra Gupta, said "If we can get this antibody test mass-produced — and I know they’re working on it right now — and put it into commercialization really quickly, this could be a game-changer for the whole pandemic. One of the things we would love to know right now is how many people who have had pneumonia since January were actually COVID cases?"

This hits for me because my father in law was in the hospital with pneumonia the first week of March. Maybe coincidence, or maybe not. Who knows, maybe he did have covid-19 and my whole family has already been exposed to it as we were at his house when he was sick prior to being admitted because of low oxygen levels. My kids stayed at their house the weekend prior to him being admitted on Monday. Hell one of my snotty nose kids may have given it to him if that's really what he had. This research does support the idea I said yesterday though about this being around well before cases were being identified. My mother in law got pretty bad sick and could not stay at the hospital during this time. She tested negative for flu but never had breathing issues and took her about 4 days to recover. Again, maybe coincidence, maybe not.
      Last edited by LKQSJH; 03-26-2020, 04:53 PM.
      6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
      1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

• doug1
        doug1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry for your plight brother. Thank you for your input throughout this thread.

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

I'm going to go against the grain, here, and say that I find it incredibly difficult to believe that high-dose vitamin C will positively impact this virus.

I think the information put out is the best information they have at that time.

I do agree that waiting on a vaccine is certainly not the best response.

If you have references for the high-dose vitamin C I would be interested in seeing them. And I am not implying that you don't. I'm just saying I would need to see this to believe it.

Skip
      If you read the history of vitamin c it pretty much does nothing for anyone unless you have scurvy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3317 View Post

If you read the history of vitamin c it pretty much does nothing for anyone unless you have scurvy.
        Very possible, yes.

There have been studies on vitamin C that say high levels are not good for you and get in the way of the uptake of other vitamins, as well. We go so overboard on studies in this industry, sometimes.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
        X