Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water regulation based on urine output, frequency, clarity.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
    It's called how to skin a bodybuilder.
    -S
    It seems relevant to post in this thread because I learned of Scott's article here. I used this method last weekend with very good results. Some notes... I didn't do a trial run because I entered the show last minute. I sustained an injury and wasn't sure I could do the show. A trial run would have been helpful.

I only carbed up 250 carbs of rice on Wednesday. I'm one of the "carb-phobes" Scott mentions. I wanted err on the side of dry versus full. I've Skip-Loaded before and been a watery mess for a week. I woke up tighter on Thursday morning following the 250 carbs. No spill. Interestingly though, after going back to low carbohydrate and continuing loading water, I was watery on Friday morning. That made me a little nervous but I trusted the drying out process and started with caffeine.

I dropped water at 6 pm on Friday. In retrospect, that should have been earlier. I was still peeing clear after the night show Saturday and I stayed "dry" the entire day. The caffeine did keep me up but the lack of sleep wasn't detrimental.

I loaded a few more carbs Saturday morning to try and pull the last bit of water from under my skin. Then prejudging.

Here's where things got crazy... After prejudging, I ate some egg whites and rice cakes. 250 more grams of dry carbohydrates. An hour or so later, everything started to really pop.

IMG_20160827_151418resize.jpg

I wasn't pleased with the show photographs so I'm considering dropping water again in 2 weeks and paying a professional photographer for images. If I do, I'll use what I learned. A few more carbs on Wednesday. Cut water earlier on Friday. Dry carbs on Saturday morning to polish off the desired look.

Thanks Scott!
    NCSA CSCS certified

Comment

Originally posted by npcaldwell View Post
      Well I did it! I hit 197.4 this morning, now just need to hold it until I weigh in tonight. 198.25 seemed impossible 4 days ago after my carb load peaked I was 215.2 Monday morning. Hopefully I have time to rehydrate slightly and carb up later tonight through tomorrow morning. I thought about drinking a liter of water, 500mg sea salt, a scoop of gatorade, and maybe 30g HBCD as soon as I get off the scale at 1800, then wait until about midnight to start carb loading with dry carbs.

It's also been interesting tracking my intake and output as I've manipulated my water to get down to this weight, hopefully it will be some valuable information for future contest preps.
      Bummer - I missed this update a few weeks back...

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by TJD View Post
        It seems relevant to post in this thread because I learned of Scott's article here. I used this method last weekend with very good results. Some notes... I didn't do a trial run because I entered the show last minute. I sustained an injury and wasn't sure I could do the show. A trial run would have been helpful.

I only carbed up 250 carbs of rice on Wednesday. I'm one of the "carb-phobes" Scott mentions. I wanted err on the side of dry versus full. I've Skip-Loaded before and been a watery mess for a week. I woke up tighter on Thursday morning following the 250 carbs. No spill. Interestingly though, after going back to low carbohydrate and continuing loading water, I was watery on Friday morning. That made me a little nervous but I trusted the drying out process and started with caffeine.

I dropped water at 6 pm on Friday. In retrospect, that should have been earlier. I was still peeing clear after the night show Saturday and I stayed "dry" the entire day. The caffeine did keep me up but the lack of sleep wasn't detrimental.

I loaded a few more carbs Saturday morning to try and pull the last bit of water from under my skin. Then prejudging.

Here's where things got crazy... After prejudging, I ate some egg whites and rice cakes. 250 more grams of dry carbohydrates. An hour or so later, everything started to really pop.

[ATTACH]52143[/ATTACH]

I wasn't pleased with the show photographs so I'm considering dropping water again in 2 weeks and paying a professional photographer for images. If I do, I'll use what I learned. A few more carbs on Wednesday. Cut water earlier on Friday. Dry carbs on Saturday morning to polish off the desired look.

Thanks Scott!
        Nice job, man!

You put together a decent plan and have a few things to do that should mostly certainly improve your look. (You look pretty damn good in that pic!!!)

Well done!

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
        X