Time to get this DONE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get this DONE!

Actually started prep in February, but my primary show is July 17th. Don't need the extra long prep but I was going to hit a local show in June then go on to the Masters Nationals in July. Well the June show has been moved to October and I was already 4+ weeks into it, so, what the hell....

We are now at 12 weeks out. I just made my hotel reservations so shit is starting to get real.
    Currently at around 185lbs, planning to go in the middleweights Masters 50 class. I will continue to do some updates here when I can.
    -KidRok-
    "....because I won't accept that I can't."

www.TrueProtein.com --5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Good Luck!
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Will be following along, always interested in your preps.

Comment

An advantage to the longer prep is that I was able to be lax on my diet 2 weeks ago when I had a week vacation in Florida. It actually did me good as I feel I had already dropped to low before we left. I came back 4 lbs heavier and tighter.
        A change I am trying from last year is to reduce my training frequency from typical prep...usually i do a 2 on 1 off for prep, but I am staying with my off-season 3 days a week training and just increasing cardio. So far I feel pretty good. Last year I was extremely beatup after a 14 week prep so I need to be aware of my recovery and rest when needed this time.
        -KidRok-

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Ok, I'll follow along.

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
          Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: IntenseMuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I'll be following! All the best.
            2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
            2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
            2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
            2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
            2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

So I know I've been totally remiss in putting any updates in here. I am now 3-1/2 weeks out, I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm grumpy....which are all good signs that i've done my homework.
              Weight is holding at around 175lbs. Other than a nagging elbow injury, training is going reasonably well with not a lot of strength loss.
              I'll post more over the next couple weeks.
              -KidRok-

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Weighed 171lbs today. We leave Wednesday for Pittsburgh so I can weigh in oficially Wednesday night.
                  Friday I am on stage, PJ starts 8am with the night show at 5pm. I am so ready to do this!!!
                  -KidRok-

Comment

Well, what happened?!
                    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                    kind of a douche

Comment

This was a big show. I've done National level shows before, but this was by far the biggest. Men's bodybuilding alone had 250 competitors. Every class was STACKED with quality competitors! Had 21 in my class. I was in the 2nd callouts and fell into 9th place in the end. They moved FAST through prejudging!
                      I think I over dieted (22 weeks) and just lost too much size. I weighed in 169.8 which was giving away another 6 lbs of lean muscle to these other guys. I was out-sized.
                      Now I need to stop my binge eating! lol
                      -KidRok-

Comment

Top 10 in a big national show is great, man. You were fckn up there! Congrats. Hope the food is falling back into balance.
                        2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                        2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                        2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                        2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                        2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                        2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Nice work!!
                          "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                          ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Working...
                          X