Hunger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger

I don't post a lot but I read a hell of a lot on the forum.

I have prepped quite a few times with a few wins under my belt but always struggled with being very hungery. Does anyone have any tips for being a bit less hungry?

I have always just sucked it up and drank a lot of water

Originally posted by galtonator View Post

I have prepped quite a few times with a few wins under my belt but always struggled with being very hungery. Does anyone have any tips for being a bit less hungry?

I have always believed that you should be hungry the deeper you get into a prep but most people should not be ravenous and starving. There are exceptions but if you are ravenous at 8 weeks out it would be a good idea to check and make sure that your calories aren't too low.

If everything is where it should be and you are dealing with a lot of hunger on your last leg of your prep, I am not a believer in sugar-free stuff to get you over the hump. I know some do that and they swear by it but I believe in just sucking it up and building your pysche to deal with it.

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I'll often reduce the size of my am meals by about 100 calories so at night time, after I lift when hunger is most extreme, I can have 2 larger meals. That and diet soda. Being bored doesn't help either.

Comment

Thanks for the reply gents.

Like you mentioned Skip it's more towards the end rather than from 6 months out when I start slowly skimming calories. Generally i have sucked it up and used glutamine if need be between meals.
        Sugar free stuff can be a bit addictive I find.

Thanks Jonblood I have being doing similar in the offseason as I train at 6.30am and was getting hungry. So I have most of my carbs around training and then have protein fats which seems to blunt my hunger.Even off season I get hungry as I have a big apatite

Comment

Load up on veggies and drink a lot of water.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I allow myself unlimited green veggies (spinach, broccoli, green beans) with sea salt and/or vinegar as I want toward the end. It hasn't had any detrimental effect on fatloss that I can tell. Actually, I'm convinced this last prep that the extra micronutrients were beneficial to energy.
            2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
            2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
            2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
            2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
            2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I include psyllium husk fiber in my shakes and sometimes in drinking water.
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Thank you ladies. I have a big crop of cucumber, thank to my Mum. They are pretty much all water so they would fit the bill very well

Comment

Thank you ladies. I have a big crop of cucumber, thank to my Mum. They are pretty much all water so they would fit the bill very well

(I'm easily entertained today...)

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I try to chug water late at night when hungry, but then i stay up all night urinating.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      I have always believed that you should be hungry the deeper you get into a prep but most people should not be ravenous and starving. There are exceptions but if you are ravenous at 8 weeks out it would be a good idea to check and make sure that your calories aren't too low.

If everything is where it should be and you are dealing with a lot of hunger on your last leg of your prep, I am not a believer in sugar-free stuff to get you over the hump. I know some do that and they swear by it but I believe in just sucking it up and building your pysche to deal with it.

Skip
                      That's great advise skip, I certainly needed to here that especially the"suck it up" part

Comment

Water+vegetables.
                        When i am hungry in the evening i'm going to sleep)

Comment

Just become comfortable with being uncomfortable. I'd just sit in the dark and tell myself that the hunger just means I'm making strides towards my desired level of conditioning. Most people pound water and try to sleep a lot, but I'd rather keep my non exercise activity levels high and stay busy to avoid thinking about how much I'm suffering. Good luck!

Comment

I've previously used hot tea in the evenings. Helps relax and helps when the hunger is at its worst. I've used sugar free gum at times, but I try to avoid that.

Comment

Have you tried supplementing with chromium piccolate (sp?). It's helped me a lot this prep.

Comment

Working...
                              X