Jan Tana: Hi Def vs. Ultra 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan Tana: Hi Def vs. Ultra 1

Has anyone tried both of these and can give a comparison review?

I've used the Hi Def in the past and have been pleased with it overall. I have no experience with the Ultra 1, but have read that it requires fewer coats. It seems to be popular in Europe.

What I like about the Hi Def is that it dries very fast, and I can rinse off after PJ to freshen up, and only need another light coat or 2 for finals.

Thanks for any input.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Bumping this in case it catches anyone's attention who has used the Ultra 1 and can leave some feedback.
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

This is coming straight from Jan Tana's on site airbrushing team... Stick with Hi Def, especially if you are doing it on your own. The color is easier to apply.

Ultra 1 can be darker and preferred, but due to pH of skin it could turn green, which could be fixed by Jan Tana's Green Away product.

If using Ultra 1 you will want to put on a coat of HD the day before and then Ultra 1 the morning of the show.

Comment

Jan Tana makes some good stuff but they aren't clear on their website as to what product is what and this has caused more than a few competitors to have shitty color on show day. I had a catastrophe a little over a year ago at the Kentucky Muscle. I was pissed.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: IntenseMuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Hey, thank you both for chiming in. I've only used the Hi Def, and have had no issues with it. It's tempting, though, to only need about half the coats.

I finally just emailed Jan Tana today, and they suggested I do a base coat with the Hi Def the night before if I go with the Ultra 1, just like you said loch_ness.

If I do try the Ultra 1, I'll come back here and post my experience. But right now, I don't see myself dropping an extra $40 to have 2 different products when one works fine.
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

in my last comp 4 weeks bk i used the jan tana ultra , and to be honest was not impressed at all, i scrubbed well as suggested by instructions, even did it 3 times!!! nice smelling scrub.. i had the ultra sprayed on with spray gun on the day of the comp... sadly it didnt hold well under the lights and multi comparisions and ran and streaked everwhere!! backstage it looked good and all but when push come to shove all the athletes using Protan or bronze knight products looked beta under the harsh lights... i think Jan tana ultra must be put on a coupla times the day b4 the comp to dry proper to be a good base...

Comment

Thanks for posting, greekgod. That reinforces my decision. I went with the Hi Def.
              2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

I used hi definition and really like the way it went on and the colour. The ultra one just ran off me. Have also used dream tan and I must admit although it's easy it hides definition

Comment

Hey galtonator, thanks for the feedback.

I recall reading a post on another board from Con (who is also a member here), and he was raving about the Ultra 1. He's very advanced and experienced, so I certainly took note. Maybe it's a body chemistry thing, and it only works well for some folks.
                  2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

I tried ultra 1. Just let it dry fully and you'll be ok. Half hour for me to dry fully. I did exfoliate daily and use a oil free moisturiser the week before though.

Comment

Working...
                    X