No announcement yet.

A few of my pics from Buffalo Show 4/5/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did, second in the men's physique tall class. So I was drinking water and eating poptarts when you were on stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by massai View Post
      I did, second in the men's physique tall class. So I was drinking water and eating poptarts when you were on stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HAHAHA...awesome man. Well I enjoyed the overall experience out there so well I plan to do the one October 18th. If you go to that one be sure to come introduce yourself!
      -KidRok-
      "....because I won't accept that I can't."

www.TrueProtein.com --5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I'll be in the stands for that one, but I'll pop my head in backstage and say hi! Know a lot of guys doing that show as well.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Nice work K-Rok
            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
            17 AAU Super Total
            '16-AAU Hi
            '15-USPA Metro
            '15-USPA State
            '15-AAU HI
            '14-AAU HI
            '14-USPA Metro
            '14-WABDL Sonny's
            '14-USPA State
            '14-HI Strongman
            '13-USPA
            '13-WABDL Sonny's
            '13-USPA State
            '13-AAU HI
            '11-USPA Metro
            '10-NPC Stingrey
            '09-NPC Islands
            '09-NPC Stingrey
            '09-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA IronWorks
            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
            '01-ABA Olympia
            '01-ABA Islands
            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
            '00-INBF Musclefest
            '98-NGA Ill
            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Congrats! You look great!
              "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
              ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Thanks....and the journey now begins for my next show....but that journal is yet to be started.
                -KidRok-

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Why the change of username, hop/kidrock?
                  2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
                  2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                    Why the change of username, hop/kidrock?
                    Because of increase interaction with facebook and here, I've gotten more and more people from here looking for me on FB. Just helps tie the 2 profiles together.
                    -KidRok-

Comment

Makes sense...any other upcoming contests this year?
                      How did you figure out what works and what doesnt for your body?
                      At 41 I feel like my body doesnt respond quite as quickly to diet and training. Any advice?

Comment

Makes sense...any other upcoming contests this year?
                        How did you figure out what works and what doesnt for your body?
                        At 41 I feel like my body doesnt respond quite as quickly to diet and training. Any advice?
                        No more this year, maybe next. Just stepping back to regroup.
                        A lot of trial and error...and guess what? Once you figure out what works your body changes and you have to figure it out all over again! lol
                        I'm quickly approaching 52, recovery is much slower but I've learned to work with that. The key is consistency of training and consistency of REST. Diet is much more important in our later years as well. One of the big changes I've made is in trying to balance health with competing. Sure I could be bigger but I don't feel the health risks are worth it any more.
                        -KidRok-

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                          No more this year, maybe next. Just stepping back to regroup.
                          A lot of trial and error...and guess what? Once you figure out what works your body changes and you have to figure it out all over again! lol
                          I'm quickly approaching 52, recovery is much slower but I've learned to work with that. The key is consistency of training and consistency of REST. Diet is much more important in our later years as well. One of the big changes I've made is in trying to balance health with competing. Sure I could be bigger but I don't feel the health risks are worth it any more.
                          i know we are all our own individuals, but can you please elaborate on what nutritional strategies seem to work best at this age. for me it seems that i can go without carbs longer without that affecting my energy level. More healthy fats and enough protein for my LBM

Comment

i know we are all our own individuals, but can you please elaborate on what nutritional strategies seem to work best at this age. for me it seems that i can go without carbs longer without that affecting my energy level. More healthy fats and enough protein for my LBM
                            You hit the nail on the head! I only eat/need a fraction of the carbs I used to and actually feel better with more healthy fats. Love my peanut butter!!!!
                            For competition diet (off-season can vary from day to day) I used to diet on 300g or more of carbs a day. Now I keep it around 125g just as an example.
                            Few or no carbs after lunch. Still keep protein high like close to 300g a day.
                            -KidRok-

Comment

I see a pattern there with a lot of guys over the age of 40 who feel like they no longer need as many carbs to sustain good energy levels.
                              I use mostly coconut oil, almond butter, and peanut butter, plus fish oil in gelcaps 3Xday...Other than that, I really feel like i can go superlow on carbs and be fine. And on rest days I actually have zero carbs sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X